July 18th - New Crews

Lucidicide

23 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I may have been so cruel as to not share whether these box sets would be at GenCon like Nathan, but did he share... this?!?!!?

Asami-Back.jpg

Yeah, that's right. Don't bite the hair that feeds you.

And the audience go wild, but I am just thinking this is to be expected.

23 hours ago, Skaven123 said:

I was pretty psyched about the Outcast box aswell until someone earlier in this thread pointed out the ridicules proportions of Mad Dog Bracket's body, and ruined it for me. Now I'm not gonna get that one.

It's just a weird angle on his render.

I just had the physical model in front of me, and his proportions look great in person. :)

• Like 3

Best box - Titania. All models look awesome.

Second place - Nellie. Really great work there too.

Third - Gremlnins although I already feel sorry for those poo souls who will assembly this crew. Not to mention I dob't know how to transport those models ;)

Then rest of the crews  - solid models but nothing which would made my jaw dropped.

As an Outcast player I'm a bit unpleased (disappointed would be to strong word here) with Parker's crew. I like two Bandido girls. Doc is ok. Parker is not inspiring in my opinion. Male Bandido has a weird pose. But the worst is Mad Dog - what happened to his neck and head??? 

3 hours ago, Aaron said:

I may have been so cruel as to not share whether these box sets would be at GenCon like Nathan, but did he share... this?!?!!?

Asami-Back.jpg

Yeah, that's right. Don't bite the hair that feeds you.

So she has a sarlacc pit in the back of her head.... Everyone be careful around any blind han solo's around here

2 hours ago, daniello_s said:

As an Outcast player I'm a bit unpleased (disappointed would be to strong word here) with Parker's crew. I like two Bandido girls. Doc is ok. Parker is not inspiring in my opinion. Male Bandido has a weird pose. But the worst is Mad Dog - what happened to his neck and head??? 

I think when you compare Parker's crew, which seem to be Bandits, then I imagine that from a modelling perspective, you don't have the same degree of freedom in terms of design that say the Neverborn or 10T box has. Personally, I really like the Box. I also think that Mad Dog is my favourite model in the box. I really like the female Bandito's as well but agree that the male Bandito's pose is a bit weird. Doc looks hilarious and Parker looks like an absolute boss!

What would've you like to have seen as alternatives to Mad Dog? Also, I'm not seeing what's wrong with his neck...

Cheers,

Pip.

I find it difficult to quantify the amount of want i have for Sandeep. Soon. SOOON....
SOOOOOON....
Gamin of all the elements.
Academics.
SPELLS

SCHEMES

STONES

I'm actually less stoked about the SkyPirates now that I see them on fiddly iron skeeters.....
I am MORE stoked about Parker barrows, just yes.

• Like 1

I like the more down to earth style of Parker's crew. Its needed in a setting with so many crazy things and people to have relatively "normal" characters. I really like them but over the past day I keep being torn between Parker, Reva, and Titania. Only thing that might help me make a decision is if we get some fluff or stories on these guys! Well, I mean we already have it for Titania but it'd be interesting to learn what Reva is all about. Really curious there. 

After initially being excited about Nellie, I'm becoming a bit more lukewarm. Not sure why, since I love the journalists, but I'm not a huge fan of Phiona, the totem, or Nellie. I was really expecting Allison Dade in that crew. 

I keep looking back at these and Nellie probably is not going to be a buy for me. I like the concept behind it, but it doesn't have the "have to buy" look for me. Now Parker, that's a cool box. As I was talking with a couple guys on our Malifaux Monday's group, I may end up running crews that only contain trench coats!

Right know, I've got The Wild Ones and A Fistful of Scrip on my list to buy. This shouldn't be a too expensive purchase this year.

With the release of the Wild Ones, will we also be seeing the release of Mounted Guardsmen? I've not seen them on a release schedule.