July 18th - New Crews

Lucidicide

6 hours ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

Reva is also looking fantastic, and it looks like she's got a henchman Exorcist?

The lot of them have a bit of a church militant vibe, don't they? The kind that at some point went "Lets turn those undead's magic against them!", that attitude always turns out well. :P 

• Like 3

So I really am thinking about adding Titanias box, you know I can go Zorraida and Jakob Lynch with my Factions and meet again there...

11 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

If it's at the Wyrd booth at Gencon, it'll be on the webstore as well.

We should have plenty on hand so that there isn't a need for a mad rush (not that we don't appreciate those), but I have been wrong before. Mostly things start to run out a couple days into the process, not the first few hours. We've gotten a bit better about number guessing. :)

*removes the cone of shame*

3578048015_ccf8e25b89_o.jpg

• Like 3

I think that everyone in the Nellie box look between nice and great. Even the Printing Press which I couldn't get to work in my mind works nicely enough as a mini. Still, all that said, I'm still not enamoured by the concept. But as minis they are IMO really good. 5/5

Reva is awesome, Vincent is pretty good. Shieldbearers are a bit of a letdown - they look a bit wimpy and the Final Fantasyesque swords look just stupid IMO. The standing Corpse Candle looks really bad (the effect is bad-bad!) but the other one is perfectly passable, IMO. A weak 3/5

Banasuva looks really awesome! Kendra looks like she should've ended a better mini with that concept but she isn't bad. Poison Gamin look like lazy conversions. Not horrible horrible (like that standing CC) but not exciting in any way. I had such high hopes after the Wind Gamin. But Banasuva is really cool. Too bad there's sculpted fire once again. Oh, and Sandeep is still silly. 2/5

Titania's box looks great! One of the best Malifaux starters, IMO. I like all the models. The Fae look better than the previews let on and even the snake is cool as a sculpt (though the snake seems really random). Aeslin looks awesome. 5/5

Kneeling Bandido looks gigantic. Nothing in that box causes big emotions except for the Doc who is funny in the right way, IMO. Still, nothing is actively horrid. 2/5

The First Mate looks absolutely amazing. I wished the Iron Skeeters would've been some kinda planes. But they are kinda cool in a weird way. Must be nice to transport, though. Even Earl looks cool. A strong 4/5

Ohaguro might be really cool as could Amanjaku. Need to see them closer but IMO both look like they have great potential. Yokai look bad and Asami is still horrible. 1/5

All in all, a solid performance!

(Note that my star scale is calibrated for Wyrd here so comparing to their other offerings)

• Like 3

New crews looks awesome! 

Miniatures that i prefere are Sandeep Desai's crew! Spectacular!

I feel sorry for Reva's crew..(my favorite master) i don't like shieldbearers...:(

i imagined her crew with something like undead vikings or monsters of nordic folklore like bashee, redcap, trolls.. or one crew of only terrible nuns :D

that "living" in her card should have think me..

Personal aesthetics votes:

Nellie Cochrane: 2/5

Phiona Gage: 1/5

3 Field reporters: 3/5

The printing press: 2/5

Reva: 6/5 :D

Vincent st.claire: 4/5

2 Corpse candle: 3/5

3 Shieldbearers: 1/5

Sandeep Desai: 3/5

3 Poison gamin: 4/5

Kudra: 5/5

Banasuva: 6/5:D

Titania: 2/5

Aeslin: 3/5

The claw: 3/5

The tooth: 3/5

The thorn: 3/5

The gorar: 4/5

Parker barrows: 3/5

Mad dog Brackett: 3/5

Dog Mitchell: 3/5

3 Banditos: 3/5

Zipp: 3/5

The first mate: 2/5

Earl burns: 1/5

3 Iron skeeters: 2/5

Asami tanaka: 5/5

Amanjaku: 4/5

Ohaguro bettari: 5/5

3 yokai: 4/5

anyhow excellent work as always!! Thanks wyrd! 

Really love the outcasts! Maybe adding the convict gunslingers and Sue can make a themed band based on Roland Deschain and friends from the The dark tower (on the other hand, I can't see myself properly converting the female gunslinger to put her in a wheelchair, but dreaming is free!). 

43 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

Titania: 2/5

Aeslin: 3/5

The claw: 3/5

The tooth: 3/5

The thorn: 3/5

The gorar: 4/5

Asami tanaka: 5/5

Amanjaku: 4/5

Ohaguro bettari: 5/5

3 yokai: 4/5

You like the Yokai?  They look like blue monkeys in that picture to me :P  Leaves something to be desired IMO.  Too bad they didn't go with the theme of random animated objects, like I always remember from Mystical Ninja Gomen on the SNES.  Damn living umbrellas and shit.

But yeah.  I don't think I have the kind of money (Or friends) I need to support me buying all of these immediately... despite wanting to.  Obviously if I were only getting one it would have to be 10T for faction loyalty, but good heavens.. I don't even want Titania, I just want her crew, the two plant ladies, yes please.  And I didn't think I would care for the Arcanist box, but they are surprisingly cool, the snake chick and the four-arm thing (Gamins.. well ya know).  Parker's crew is also one that, while I don't really care for Outcast that much, I really dig the look of the set overall, the Banditos especially are quite nice.

Too bad we still haven't seen the back of Asami, to know anything more about how she looks, since I have a feeling the back of that model is make or break for aesthetics of many people :mellow:

34 minutes ago, Tawg said:

You like the Yokai?  They look like blue monkeys in that picture to me :P  Leaves something to be desired IMO.  Too bad they didn't go with the theme of random animated objects, like I always remember from Mystical Ninja Gomen on the SNES.  Damn living umbrellas and shit.

Blue monkey, BUT armed with Kama!!! With KAMA!!! :D

Joking apart, i think that Asami's crew it is a lot coherent with oni background (without denaturalize too from steampunk setting) ..don't you think?

I'm only really pretty sorry for Reva's crew..

12 minutes ago, EagerPayload said:

The statement "You will only need a few boxes for this game", which is one of the marketing ploys used by my local group, seems to become increasingly inaccurate as the weeks pass by.

Well, I must admit I could have done with less boxes (from what I currently bought), though I choose to hate Money and buy more. Because "Lookatrandommodelandlookatthisawesomemechanic".

1 hour ago, EagerPayload said:

The statement "You will only need a few boxes for this game", which is one of the marketing ploys used by my local group, seems to become increasingly inaccurate as the weeks pass by.

its technically true, you only need a few boxes to play at 50ss. you don't have to get everything...

• Like 1

All 7 complete! Good Job! Can't wait to use them.

My evaluation counts "Beacon Of Knowledge" and "The Sky Pirates" as best sculpts on average.

Love Banasuva, Kudra, The First Mate and Iron Skeeters most.

But I have some question here.

Are The Claw, The Tooth and The Thorn Minions or Enforcers?

Is Banasuva the totem of Sandeep?

If there will be a new wave of Masters in the future, will all their crew box follow the principle(One Master, One Henchman, Totems and three Minions)?

I weep for poor Gremlin players, building/transporting/fixing every game those gorgeous Skeeter models.

I will be placing a web-store order day it goes up for UK dispatch.

I don't pay VAT, I pay GST if order reaches £260.00 (5%) if you want something added to shipping crate, PM me.

• Like 1

I was kinda worried Reva was gonna be so awesome but her crew would  just be more shambling horde looking dead things like well any of the rezzer minions.... But I AM SSSSOOOOOO HAPPY with that box set, i think i might have wee-wee'd a little!! sadly I have non-negotiable obligations and can't make it to gen-con this year, but I assume they will be available on the web store, yes?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, JudgeDread said:

I was kinda worried Reva was gonna be so awesome but her crew would  just be more shambling horde looking dead things like well any of the rezzer minions.... But I AM SSSSOOOOOO HAPPY with that box set, i think i might have wee-wee'd a little!! sadly I have non-negotiable obligations and can't make it to gen-con this year, but I assume they will be available on the web store, yes?

Yes, they will be, or at least that is what Nathan promised ... so hit that F5 button like a pro

39 minutes ago, JudgeDread said:

Yep, all these lovelies will be available online at the Wyrd web store, too. The full list of what's available and cost should be in the newsletter out tomorrow.