Hemming the twins

feagaur

If, by some remote chance, a voodoo doll managed to get Hem on Lelu and Lilitu and then got burning +3 on the doll, would that mean that each of the twins would be taking 9 damage at the end of the turn? (3 from their own burning, 3 for the burning they'd receive from the other twin (without dropping cards) and 3 from the voodoo doll taking damage).

If so, remind me never, ever, to take the twins if there's a remote chance of going up against Zoraida. And vice versa, take Zoraida if possibly going up against Dreamer.

I admittedly am just now painting them up for use with Zoraida, but why Hem them for Focus/Defensive when you can just have Zoraida Obey Lilitu once or twice for her + on all flips, getting a better result at the cost of one of Z's AP versus the Doll's AP, and letting you Hem something else with the doll? Not to mention it leaves you vulnerable to enemies targeting the doll with bad conditions.

2 hours ago, Jeebus said:

Why not hem your own twins and put focus or defensive on them?

1 hour ago, Pyrflamme said:

I admittedly am just now painting them up for use with Zoraida, but why Hem them for Focus/Defensive when you can just have Zoraida Obey Lilitu once or twice for her + on all flips, getting a better result at the cost of one of Z's AP versus the Doll's AP, and letting you Hem something else with the doll? Not to mention it leaves you vulnerable to enemies targeting the doll with bad conditions.

When you Hem your own model neither the damage your Voodoo Doll suffers nor Conditions your Voodoo Doll gains get copied to it since Sewn Fate Condition reads: "Whenever an enemy Voodoo Doll suffers damage, this model suffers the same amount of damage (damage suffered in this way may not exceed the Voodoo Doll's current remaining Wounds). Whenever an enemy Voodoo Doll gains a Condition, this model gains the same Condition."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pyrflamme said:

Ah, right. Well, even if what Jeebus said was possible, my point would probably still stand.

One thing you can do if you hem one of your friendly twins is you ca actually push both of them their walk by having Zoraida interact with the voodoo doll. It could help with positioning if you need to get them up field or get them away from enemy models.