Rat King is Real?!

I did know this, but only because they talked about it on episode of 30-Rock. About how when theres too many rats in close quarters their tails get all tangled up. Then I went to wikipedia like you did and was equally appalled. But I like how the rules reflect the reality of this monstrosity. 

At least bugs don't do that.

It'd be awful if hornets could meld up into some super hornet :mellow: 

Goin' around, stinging cars or something crazy.

Actually that'd be awesome, just terrifying, and like, I'd probably be dead already.

I thought I remember hearing that the animals like that acted in unison or sort of behaved as a single creature, but the article doesn't even talk about that.  I guess they are rare enough that it's not like they have been studied to much of any extent, when they're talking about them being perhaps myths entirely.  Seems like fairly poor data though, I wonder if there is more in depth information out there.

EDIT:  Also, semi-unrelated, but one of the latest GW releases for the Sylvanneth is funny.  They basically have a bee-launcher, which is equal parts terrifying and funny.