Pull My Finger -- Skyrocketing Rates!

What should happen to PullMyFinger  

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 months later...
On 11/19/2016 at 0:35 AM, Phinn said:

@Hateful Darkblack,

would you kindly share any news on moving PullMyFinger to a new URL?

Thank you :)

Thanks for asking! I have been tyring other Wiki solutions and haven't found any that are working as well as the current site. Still looking and will announce when something is set up and I start transferring over. In the meantime, I think it's going to be in its current location.

• 2 weeks later...

Please PM me if the new site does require a monetary amount I wouldn't mind kicking in a bit. Wikispaces behavior is pretty trashy, but if that's our best option then that's that. I can also help copy+pasting everything over so long as you don't mind me doing it at odd times during the night due to my job (or me burning a few hours twice a week on my days off).

• 1 month later...

Thought here might actually be the best place to ask - is Pull my Finger still a thing?

What about the problems mentioned before in this thread, anything new regarding the money issue?

Also a question out of personal interest - what do I have to do to actually be able and change articles?

I´ve got myself an account but can`t edit anything?

I posted some issues in the discussion section of certain pages - like Tara Soulstone Sword issue (the article says, as many people in general, that the Sympathetic Echoes gan be used to great effect against Ramos` spiders - that`s for example simply not true, as they are immune to pulse damage. I want to edit such things, but can`t currently)

Help would be appreciated :)

• Like 1

Great question! So, the answer is, I've started a new site for PMF (one Google Sites) and I've been porting stuff over, but I haven't announced it yet.

The import process is all by hand, which is annoying.

You should be able to edit the Wikispaces site if you are logged in.

New announcement on this coming up in the next few days - sorry for the delay!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Hateful Darkblack said:

Great question! So, the answer is, I've started a new site for PMF (one Google Sites) and I've been porting stuff over, but I haven't announced it yet.

The import process is all by hand, which is annoying.

You should be able to edit the Wikispaces site if you are logged in.

New announcement on this coming up in the next few days - sorry for the delay!

Hmm, I´m not....

But if you are moving, it might be of no concern?

Are we able to edit stuff on google sites as well?

• Like 1

The timing is quite good in a way - I've seen on social media a push to try and get people contributing again to get the site more complete/relevant/up to date.  Having that occur at the same time as a server/URL change kind of works - almost a rebranding in a way!

And the new name will be promoted by the community anyway. 

• Like 1

I feel like this change could really save the old wiki, I edited it a few times but overall the site always felt out of date and slightly confusing. Some pages were great and detailed while others were very sparse, with a lot falling in the middle. More attention might be just what it needs.

• Like 1