Live Free or Die Cheating 2016 50ss Malifaux Tournament

PeregrineFalcon

Live Free or Die Cheating 2016 50ss GG Malifaux Tournament

WHEN: Oct 22 9AM

WHERE: Stark Brewery Manchester, NH USA

Ok everyone Live Free or Die Cheating 2016 Tickets are up. All pre-reg tix save on entry fee AND you get a SWAG bag. This year we are sponsored by Widget Wizards and they'll also be there as a vendor! So don't miss this one. We are of course hosting this again at a Brewery in Manchester NH. Stark Brewing Company, will provide us with a banquet hall and a private cash bar with full service to the kitchen for food.

If you have any questions let me know!

More info and rules pack all available here.
https://lfodc2016.eventbrite.com

https://www.facebook.com/events/133863980356411/

The rules packet is live (PLEASE careful note of the painting competition, as its a little different than we've done in the past, but should help people plan and put some amazing entries in!). The rules packet are still DRAFT but I don't expect many or any changes. Stay tuned here for more information pertaining to the event but all you should need to know is in the rules packet and on the Eventbrite ticketing site. If you have ANY questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Rules Packet

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rurouni Benshin said:

I just read the event on your page, and I was curious as to what you mean by "loaded raffle / prize system".  Could you elaborate a bit, please?

Thanks!

Sure thing!

So I hand out prizes based on a raffle. You will get tickets for things through out the day. For example things like:

• Playing a game with a fully painted crew
  • Playing all 5 turns of a game
  • Being the 1st to finish a game in 
  • The 1st to flip for initiative in a round
  • Using proxy bases to resolve movement, (i.e. clean board state), etc.
  • etc.

Also, everyone will get a ticket during registration. Typically I give out a few extra tickets for placing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, mid-table, last place, best in faction etc. but we'll see this year. The idea of the loaded raffle/prizes is that its loaded based on accomplishing things that you should/can already do and being rewarded for it. Then you will place the tickets in a bucket and after the event I'll draw for each item.

The prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place will be UNIQUE, CUSTOM made trophies that are one of a kind. I do not give prizes for winning 1st, 2nd, 3rd in Wyrd toys, those will show up in the raffle piles. Winning is prize enough (plus a trophy) :).

Hope that makes sense and clears things up. Let me know if you have any more questions.

12 minutes ago, Rurouni Benshin said:

Quick follow up question then:  Will you be using the Wyrd prize support kits as part of the raffle?  And if so, will the guilders/poker chips be part of the raffle as well?

Thanks!

Yes, I will have the Wyrd event prize support kits (in fact I already have 1 32 player kit). I'm going to probably supplement it with more prizes I have sitting around (and maybe some things from our main sponsor).

As far as the Guilders are concerned (I believe the Rules Packet lays that out, but if not I can clarify here).

For attending everyone will get a Guilder, 1st place will get the 1st place guilder. No guilders will be part of the raffle (unless I have extras).

• Like 1

As a heads up we are at 33 tickets sold as of July 26th AM. That means we have 3 remaining Early-Bird / SWAG bag tickets until I have to rerun numbers and see if we can expand to 40 players. With that said, please make sure to lock in your ticket asap.

We also had our first international attendee sign up recently. Let's show how great of a community we have here in the Northeast and welcome him (and anyone else coming from afar) to our great Malifaux community!

Get painting, less than 3 months out!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rurouni Benshin said:

So am I understanding correctly that the tournament is already sold out?  Is there any chance that it could be expanded to accommodate more players, or are people who want to play subject to the "Wait List" to confirm if they can play or not?

Thank you!

My hope is to expand to 40 players but right now I need to hold off until I confirm physical space, table space, and enough terrain. When someone joins the wait list it is a first come first served format. So if someone cancels I'll contact both parties and they'll have a change to do an exchange. Also the first come first served will be exercised when I have been able to confirm the ability to accomodate for players. So if you're thinking of going as a wait list person you can add yourself and it's your best chance. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for all that came out. Here are photos from the event (see below)

Trophies 

Game Results:

1. Ben Hong
  2. James Hanrahan
  3. Adam Talbot

Wooden Spoon:

• Julie Brent

Tabletop Hero (based on Sportsmanship, playing painted crews, themed crews, and game play):

• Jared Sequeira

Best Painted (4 models, display boards):

• Chris Gershman

Best in Faction:

• Arcanists - James Hanrahan
  • Gremlins - Blake Hooper
  • Guild - John Chambers
  • Neverborn - Mary Merhi
  • Outcasts - Ian Nelson
  • Rezzers - Adam Talbot
  • Ten Thunders - Ben Hong

Furthest Traveled: