July 11th - The Wild Ones

Lucidicide

9 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

Honestly not too sure on these. I love the look of the models, but it just doesn't seem Malifaux to me. Also kind of sad that the nightmare box is a duel faction and not just Guild. 

That's what I'm thinking. Would have been cool to see a nature themed Hoffman.

I think this is a great set though, will definitely be picking it up on the sale!

With Gen Con just around the corner (and this amazing preview) this feels like a good time to make the following announcement:

I am happy to inform you that due to a loophole in law I am now able to buy any unwanted human organs that you may possess.
Primarily interested in the following items:

• kidney
  • liver
  • cornea
  • lung (Non-smokers only, please.)

I have a very positive feedback on www.definitely-not-a-black-market.com - 9/10 kidneys.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sklertic said:

The models look good, but It's pretty bad, that it's dual faction when Guild won the event in my opinion.

It might be alluding to the fact that we played kingmaker for Guild in the final round of Nythera by pulling Arcanists' leg down.
On the other hand, it's not that bad - if more people buy the box, then Wyrd get more money and we get even more cool stuff. Dual-faction models should have a higher change of purchase, right?
Anyway. I couldn't get into the looks and feel of McGabe so in the end I sold him and his guys. Now THIS crew is a rolling thunder on wheels!

• Like 4

To each their own, but I think this is the best of the nightmare boxes since Dead Justice. Really blown away right now. I like that the box also includes Mounted Guardsmen instead of Wastrels as more incentive for those of us who have already bought the McCabe crew when it first came out a few years ago!

Edit: That warning about shag carpets :)

• Like 4

I do not regret this......

Once again, we send off my War Crew to bring back gasoline from Edge Point, and bullets from the Ortega Farm. Once again, I salute the Governor General, and I salute my mounted gaurd, who will ride with me eternal on the highways of Malifaux! I AM YOUR REDEEMER!  It is by my hand you will rise from the ashes of this world! You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome!

....I require a Greed Alt for this...
2e36796318e90698e2ca8e2ecd3f523f.jpg

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Strype McClaine said:

I do not regret this......

Once again, we send off my War Crew to bring back gasoline from Edge Point, and bullets from the Ortega Farm. Once again, I salute the Governor General, and I salute my mounted gaurd, who will ride with me eternal on the highways of Malifaux! I AM YOUR REDEEMER!  It is by my hand you will rise from the ashes of this world! You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome!

....I require a Greed Alt for this...
2e36796318e90698e2ca8e2ecd3f523f.jpg

Witness!

• Like 3

I was expecting something good, but this..... damn Wyrd. Let me have a little of my money.

I was satisfied getting Ripples of Fate, The Bayou Games, and Into the Bayou this Gen Con and maybe dropping The Bayou Games if Parker Barrows crew is available. But this.... damnit Wyrd. I might have to drop the both Through the Breach books and try to get this one. Unlike the Dark Circus Crew, I don't have all of these models, so I could use this box more.

• Like 1

On the dual faction topic, I think there are two things we should consider:

1) we all work for the 10 Thunders Brootherhood, it's just that some of us know it and some of us don't...

2) due to the make-up of the 10T, 75% of 10T masters are dual faction (including Asami for that figure), so every now and again we are likely to steal other factions exclusive models. However, this saloon door swings both ways: if/when 10T get a dedicated Nightmare box, chances are we will share that too.

Love the look of these models... I'm going to have to grip my credit card very tightly at the start of August! Very much enjoy the disclaimer on the box - very Wyrd! Perhaps the thing that I find most satisfying is that Wyrd have broken from the convention of maintaining the original box contents: if a crew would be cooler with different models, I like that Wyrd don't try to shoehorn the theme into "lesser" models (in the sense of theme, not game play. I love wastrels! ).

• Like 4