Soylent's Models

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The point of a lightbox is not having to rely on daylight. The colour of daylight varies noticeably with season, time of day, the presence of clouds (and their thickness and type), and various other atmospheric phenomenons. So if you want a paint scheme that look the same on two models to also look the same on photographs taken at different times, get more controlled light rather than relying on the capriciousness of the sun.

Apart from stronger or more lamps you might also look at thinner diffusion. Or skip the diffusion, if you have many weak lamps with a good spread the shadows might not get that sharp anyway.

Photoshop/Gimp also have many ways to adjust colour and light of a photograph, and they will be easier to use if you have a consistent baseline (i.e. no daylight).

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Bengt said:

The point of a lightbox is not having to rely on daylight. The colour of daylight varies noticeably with season, time of day, the presence of clouds (and their thickness and type), and various other atmospheric phenomenons. So if you want a paint scheme that look the same on two models to also look the same on photographs taken at different times, get more controlled light rather than relying on the capriciousness of the sun.

That's right. My small and some years old camera takes good pictures by times. So I would definitely invest in lamps than a new camera.

And who wants to see all the brushstrokes that gone awry in high definition anyway?