Metal Gamin Errata - 6 months later

Jordon

3 hours ago, Adran said:

You have all your opponents bringing anti armour because you declare Arcanist. If you declare Arcanist, and don't bring armour, then they have hired less effective models to counter you. 

But I DON'T bring armor or I don't bring a lot of it. I mainly play Ironsides. The reply had me confused because I never mentioned that I played lots or armor or that I found it particularly troubling. However, if my opponent wants the metal gamin dead, they often have the tools,to do so relatively easily. I could previously rely on the gamin to almost always soak up 3 AP to bring down. I can't do that anymore.

10 minutes ago, Kaiser Senpai said:

But I DON'T bring armor or I don't bring a lot of it. I mainly play Ironsides. The reply had me confused because I never mentioned that I played lots or armor or that I found it particularly troubling. However, if my opponent wants the metal gamin dead, they often have the tools,to do so relatively easily. I could previously rely on the gamin to almost always soak up 3 AP to bring down. I can't do that anymore.

That's kind of the problem though, they are a 4ss, spammable, summonable model that took at least 2 (usually 3) AP to kill from even the heaviest beaters beaters weak damage (unless they ignore armour).

To me that's too good.  taking up 1 (usually 2) AP to kill a 4ss model for someone like Nekima is perfectly acceptable (again unless they ignore armour, then you're probably toast!)

On 12/07/2016 at 6:14 AM, Kaiser Senpai said:

I play them off-and-on. Every single time I find myself really wishing they still had Hard to Kill. I know it's mostly luck, but they never end up on one wound. Either they get one-shot for six damage, or they take four damage with two wounds or (surprise surprise) my opponent brings anti-armor when I declare Arcanists and the gamin is pretty easily smushed. Yeah I'm still bitter about the errata, but I know my experience is probably not the norm.

I can't speak for Decker, but I read this as saying that you typically have a lot of Armour in an arcanist list. 

Yeah, if your opponent is continually taking lots of anti-armour against arcanists, you can use that against them. The faction is now full of masters that don't rely on constructs.

Raspy, Marcus, Ironsides, Kaeris (*I know she herself has armour +1) and Colette can all use effective crews without relying on models with armour. Every now and then, but enough so your opponent notices, it's a good idea to play these crews so your opponent isn't rewarded for taking anti-armour. Doing this also forces you to learn to use other models in the faction, which is valuable in the long-run. 

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Hunt.er said:

Well, now where the TN of the summoning on the Rider is increased, Metal Gamins could be regain H2K ^_^.

Some quality threadomancy here... Worthy of the Ressers in fact! 

If they regained HtK, then they would just go back to the top of the summoning pile... 

I still maintain that they need a bump to Protect. Increase the aura to about 6" so it can actually be functional from the start and be decent hires. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...