Are we actually underpowered?

fauxreigner

I don't think it does Hoffman any justice to lump him in with McCabe, McMourning, and Lucious. At least not until he's somehow being fielded as an Arcanist master with Arcanist upgrades.

He means well and had gotten involved with Ramos and the Arcanists because Ryle had been recruited by Ramos, Anna caused an accident, and Ramos tried to restore Ryle. He does not like the way that Ramos does things, and seems to be more of an idealist in the Guild working to limit the human-caused evils plaguing his fellow humans.

• Like 2

To bring the thread back to the topic, what are some things that people would like to see changed/added to the Guild?

Personally, I'd love to see a Guardsman Kennel Master or something similar that buffs hounds/make them interact via his AP. I was hoping for this over Guard Seargeants, but now that they can dominate Claim Jump they're better. 

I'd also like to see Lady J's upgrades get tweaked (take off Limited, reduce cost, maybe a thematic one for the Judge that buffs Marshal's). 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

No, it would be K-9 from the Tom Baker era of Doctor Who.

I'm going to have to revoke your name on this forum, now.

Fun fact: I've never watched the show. The name comes from elsewhere, but people always assume. 

Instead of a robo-dog, just a ruthless Guild officer, possibly named Ramsey.

Kennel Master: Guild Hounds within Aura 6" may not be pushed/placed/obeyed  

(1) They haven't eaten yet (Ca x : TN x + y) Friendly hounds within Aura 6 may charge for (1) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Well, you get your wish. Errata updates only come twice pet year, with currently Aaron's intention is that the June/July errata being reserved for emergency fixes. So you likely won't see any further errata until next X-mas.

It's safe to assume that there will be a new book in the summer though. 

4 hours ago, Myyrä said:

It's safe to assume that there will be a new book in the summer though. 

I don't know about this. The game really doesn't need an expansion book this year. A fluff compendium though....

I hope Gencon just features what's not currently in the range, the Divergent Paths stuff, and the rest will probably be The Other Side. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DoctorWhat said:

To bring the thread back to the topic, what are some things that people would like to see changed/added to the Guild?

Personally, I'd love to see a Guardsman Kennel Master or something similar that buffs hounds/make them interact via his AP. I was hoping for this over Guard Seargeants, but now that they can dominate Claim Jump they're better. 

I'd also like to see Lady J's upgrades get tweaked (take off Limited, reduce cost, maybe a thematic one for the Judge that buffs Marshal's). 

And making hounds ignore insignificant like Luna! 

8 hours ago, DoctorWhat said:

I don't know about this. The game really doesn't need an expansion book this year. A fluff compendium though....

I hope Gencon just features what's not currently in the range, the Divergent Paths stuff, and the rest will probably be The Other Side. 

There's bern an expansion each year since m2e so I would assume another one is on the way. Miniature companies liveby selling new miniatures. Most people want new shiny stuff at regular intervals or the game is deemed stagnant and they move on. GW solved this by the last book being so OP that all the powergamers needed that faction. Wyrd seems to want to keep stuff balanced which likely means new models.

• Like 2

Im quite certain another Wave will come. I think that Wyrd indeed strives to give options over new=better, the one thing we do see however is that Wave 3/4 is largely better as what we where used to not so much in Masters but general choices. The Field Reporter and Witchling Thrall are just excellent minions but further put some other Enforcers and Minions to shame aswell. Which is why I stress on how some of the old is a bit faulthy in design. Not all, just some.

I am very happy with the change to Lucius as he was an oddity in the game. Likely the previous worst Master.

Loco, Austringer and Frank too where above the curve and their changes are valid, needed to keep things healthy.

We still do have several Guild Marshals and Guardsmen choices who do not see the board however. While the fixes to them dont even need to be massive. Leading to my following wishes:

1. Have Lady Justice work better with Death Marshals. Her own card is not bad, her Upgrades (all) are just clunky. In my opinion she survives on Badge of Office, neat but likely not intended? 

With an allround small Guild Marshal buff aura/effect she'd be allright. Visions of the Void also would make her really cool and unique. 

2. Let us have a Master that can Summon Guardsman. 

Every Guardsman works in pairs, neat but also restricting them. I feel that thanks to the Austringer cuddle this plan can actually recieve a green light.

Franco Marlow would also be perfect for this I feel, by large because there is a ton of room to shape him and a ton of room to have him on a Master level. Hes not the same old GG veteran who clearly was a super power just by himself.

There is a list of models I have not taken and dont feel stressed about getting them (ever) most of them are indeed Guild Marshal or Guardsmen...

As others will note, we do have some ways to make them slightly more viable but in all honesty the regular statline found on these models doesnt reward the use of doubles as much as their cost currently suggests.

To date I feel Malifaux generally rewards diversity in your build and if your required to have a model that requires another model to function within set area it's extremely difficult to control the board.

Frank and Loco are the perfect example of how powerful you need to be to succesfully apply such stratagies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bertmac said:

Had a game today. Ryle used his debt to the guild walked once pushed 4" to engage mcmorning and hit him once. Judge then used combat effectiveness to make him attack 3 more times with minimum 4 damage each attack.

Congrats, I suppose? :)