Chicagoland Games 07/31/16 Get your GenCon On 50SS GG2016 Event

Shadowopal

Some need some last minute practice. Some can't make the trip. Some just like to play Malifaux and don't need another reason. Whatever your reason, come to the Dojo for some 'faux on Sunday July 31st.

The tournament is scheduled from 11:00am to 5:00 pm. Each round will be allotted a maximum of 1 hour 45 minutes for play. Due to event space this tournament is strictly limited to 16 players. The first 16 players to commit to play in this thread will receive priority, though any "no shows" on the day of the event by 10:45 am may be replaced by anyone not preregistered and waiting. Thread respondents may "group register" for those that do not have a forum account.

The cost of the event is $5.00 per participant. All fees will be put towards prize support

This tournament is intended to be a preparatory event for the official Wyrd Masters tournaments at Gencon. Single Faction, 50SS Standard Gaining Grounds Additionally, crews should have at least an attempt at painting and basing unless they are the special edition translucent or "day glow" models produced by Wyrd. 

The only Gaining Grounds rules concession is the use of Proxies will be allowed however, only models that are unreleased publicly by Wyrd (i.e. they are not available from the distributors, does not include models that were offered early during a Wyrd Sale event) will be allowed and they must clearly represent the model they are proxying (correct base size and look of the models art work, the use of a visual label is also strongly encouraged though not required). Conversions as always are accepted and encouraged.

This is intended to be a competitive event however, players are reminded that good sportsmanship is expected. In other words, competitive lists and competitive play does not equal the right to be an ass. I usually have a few odds and ends for people who make me smile and enjoy running events as well.

Strategies (drawn from the Gaining Grounds document) and Deployments for each round are as follows:

Round 1 - Guard The Stash, Corner Deployment
Round 2 - Turf War, Standard Deployment
Round 3 - Reckoning, Flank Deployment

Scheme Pools will be generated from the Gaining Grounds 2016 document by me on the day of the event.

Prizes for this event will be as follows:

1st Place: Certificate of Placing, 3 SS 1st Place Guilder Poker Chip, Large Mystery Box, 75% of collected entry fees in the form of Gift Certificate to Dice Dojo

2nd Place: Certificate of Placing, 1 SS Participant Guilder Poker Chip, Small Mystery Box, 25% of collected entry fees in the form of Gift Certificate to Dice Dojo

3rd Place:  Certificate of Placing, 1 SS Participant Guilder Poker Chip, Small Mystery Box

All Participants receive a 1 SS Participant Guilder Poker Chip.

A special edition random Stat Card and other random bits and bobs from my prize pool will be handed out as I find reason to do so..

Address and Directions to Dice Dojo:

Dice Dojo (aka Chicagoland Games

5550 N. Broadway

Chicago, IL 60640

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Chicagoland+Games+Dice+Dojo/@41.983316,-87.660314,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xec6e7d81b99eabe0!8m2!3d41.983316!4d-87.660314

There is usually plenty of street parking and as it is Sunday there is no fee. But, check the parking voucher machines to be sure. If no parking on Broadway, there can be found parking in the neighborhood. No Permit parking required.

I will update the list as people register:

1. David Springer (DemonBunny) 
  2. Steven Kulin
  3. Jason Avila (Veskit2k) 
  4. John Hartigan (Necrarch) 
  5. Brandon Juskey (Bobdog132)
  6. Bret Rice (sharpobjects) 
  7. Wictor 

• 4 weeks later...