Mortarion's Malifaux models

Mortarion

1 hour ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Looks great. Really like the detail on the severed heads.

How did you do the base? 

Thank you.

The base is pieces of plasticard and sand. I wanted to do a variation of my standard cobblestone bases where it looked more like it was breaking apart and nature was starting to reclaim it.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In these time we could all use some medical staff.

Dr. Grimwell
zDfKoB6.jpg
"Always remember to wash your hands after performing a lobotomy."

Nurse Heartsbane
aZgQ9n5.jpg
"Wear a face mask when giving electroshock treatment, as the patient may cough and spit while they scream in pain."

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/30/2020 at 11:25 AM, Mortarion said:

Finally done with the Brutal Emissary.

I thought quite a bit on how I wanted this model to look. At first I thought about adding flames to it to make it look like a giant Death marshal, but I decided against it since it is a generic Guild model. I then got the idea to give it more of a Guild guard look. Like a watchman. I never really liked the cage he is carrying around, so I replaced that with a lantern. The way he holds it, it can either be symbolic (like he is bringing enlightment) or that he is looking for someone trying to escape him. I also added a ram skull symbol to the sword to help cover up that the sword is really poorly sculpted. 

For the painting, I used my standard Guild blue, but added some lettering and magical symbols to make it a bit more interesting.

I508T2P.jpg
T0OkMjs.jpg
0Tew0Sl.jpg

Outstanding work with the emissary, like the creativity with lantern conversion. And your lettering is on the top level

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

I just finished some Aversions. The masters of social distancing!

hTk4wqS.jpg
K1mnQl7.jpg
DfWU4HF.jpg

I thought a bit on how to paint these. I didn't want them as all blue-white ghosts like in the artwork, since that wouldn't really fit in with the rest of the crew. So I painted them like my Sorrows, but with blue flames instead of green. It makes them stand out more from the Sorrows and should make it easy to quickly identify different woe during a game. To keep the colour scheme from the crew I painted their clothes green instead.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It has been a while, but now I have finally painted something Malifaux-related again!

Nellie!
VC7gP0a.jpg
It's hard to get a good image because of the pose. I didn't want the "official" colour scheme on this one as I think that a brown suit, brown leather straps  and red hair provides too little contrast. So I went with a blue suit instead. It is close to the Guild uniforms, but not exactly the same, which is a little nod to Nellies relationship with the Guild. She is not officially part of the Guild, but in reality - she is.

The Printing press
fRAZYBR.jpg
I painted this metal intead of my standard blue which I use on Guild robots. If the newspaper is supposed to look independent you can't have the printing press painted in Guild colours.

Undercover reporter
A3IyOUW.jpg
Such a cool sculpt!

And some Newsies
QSHpExs.jpg
UyUTjfQ.jpg
OjGQt7a.jpg
The headline of the paper they ar e selling is "Guild heroes". Sounds like an interesting and informative article...

• Like 7

• 3 months later...

It's been a while since I painted anything Malifaux. Since I have only been able to play one or two games during the last year because of Covid, I have quite a lot of newly painted models which I haven't had a chance to play with yet. So I have slowed down my painting. But now I have at least gotten some Trustworthy Citizen painted up. For some reason, they were all wrongly named "False witness" on both the cards and the sprue. Not like Wyrd to make such an obvious mistake. I suspect Arcanist sabotage.

PUCDvDJ.jpg

EwXXcC6.jpg

Wln2u1U.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• 10 months later...

So, after another long break I have once again painted something Malifaux-related.

First up is a homemade Dispatcher. This has been on my "to do"-list for quite some time as I had almost the entire Guard keyword since M2E, but lacked the totem for Dashel. And i finally got one built and painted.
Dispatcher.thumb.jpg.6dd31fe72416bb1080939ebd927240b8.jpg

And two Orderlies that have been standing on my painting table for quite some time. I actually got these painted before the errata, but now they might even see some play!
Orderly1.thumb.jpg.23b448ceb8a9d6fbd5b825e76a9e5b72.jpg

Orderly2.thumb.jpg.19ee57e92975d3f87a21986005712e4b.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...