June 27 - Zipp

Lucidicide

5 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

They're worried about the opposing player auto scoring on 'interact with the enemy' schemes by landing a condition which Zipp cannot remove.

However, GG2016 schemes at least are Ok with the idea of one scheme being a very poor choice for a handful of masters, so this was probably foreseen and approved. We just won't play Zipp into a scheme pool heavy with 'interact with the enemy' schemes, or will get very good at running away. Speaking of running away, he's going to be very good at dumping 'cursed object' via walk duel.

In GG2016, though, it just requires a tactical action to drop Exhaust/Marked. Just another reason to only play the new schemes!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Justin said:

That depends on how you calculate the average. For the mean, you are correct.

But for mode, which I think is a far more pertinent thing to look at here, the average is 12.

I say mode is more important both because of outliers that throw off the average (Dreamer only has 6 wounds but is far from easy to kill) and because, when designing a Master, the starting baseline for wounds is 12 and then that is adjusted up or down depending on other factors (other defensive abilities, greater need for defense because of how they play, or less need for it if they hang back, etc).

But, regardless of how you calculate it, I think the claim that there is a "huge wound bloat" is inaccurate. 

:)

You wrote average, which is generally used as a synonym for Arithmetic Mean. And using Mode (the most frequently occurring number in a series) is hardly unproblematic; for Guild we have {14, 14, 13, 12, 10, 10, 10} - Mode 10; for Neverborn we have {10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 9, 6} - Mode 10; which I think misrepresents the relative Wd of the two factions. Btw, Mode for Ressers is 12, again putting Reva above it.

But I agree that "huge wound bloat" is hyperbolic at best, "a slight increase" might be more accurate. Not that I think that looking at Wd in isolation really says much. :) 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

Did Wrath get promoted to a Master or how did you get 40 masters?

My mistake.  I could have sworn that Deal at the Crossroads granted Wrath the Master characteristic instead of just him being allowed to lead at 50 point level and the upgrade giving him Swift. 

1 hour ago, SoylentRobot said:

what condition removal do Gremlins have? (apart from merc Johan)

Mud Toss Upgrade for Mancha Roja and McTavish is for the most part the only realistic option other than Johan. Gremlin-See gives Kin Shrug Off but that's probably not what you're looking for (as is Scion of BB).

2 hours ago, solkan said:
  • 13 wounds: 1 (Jack Daw)

Now that you point this out, I'm kind of sad Reva has 13 Wds (Or at least, you posted her at 13, didn't bother going back to look?).

Just because Jack Daw is rather an unlucky gent, considering the fate that befell him.  I'd rather he be the only "unlucky" number at that rate :(

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoylentRobot said:

Scheme based ones since Zipp cant remove them from himself, as he cant take Interact actions to get rid of them the normal way. 

All the scheme based ones he would want to remove that I can think of can't be removed by other actions. (cursed object and distract). , catch and release and exhaust their forces don't take an interact action, and can't be removed by other actions or abilities. 

So he is slightly more at risk of being distracted, or given a cursed object, but on the up side, it costs more for the opponent to do so, and its also much harder to deliver him a message due to his constant yammering. (and his insane speed!)

Zipp focus on moving and then denying the opponent's plan. It is somthing new style, and sounds like scheme marker plays a much more important role in the future.

May his crews own lots of pirates. What kind of ship has an awesome name “Iron Skeeters” should be?

Next monday, wish to see news about "The Other Side".;) Love to see releasing date before 2017.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:03 PM, Gnomezilla said:

They're worried about the opposing player auto scoring on 'interact with the enemy' schemes by landing a condition which Zipp cannot remove.

However, GG2016 schemes at least are Ok with the idea of one scheme being a very poor choice for a handful of masters, so this was probably foreseen and approved. We just won't play Zipp into a scheme pool heavy with 'interact with the enemy' schemes, or will get very good at running away. Speaking of running away, he's going to be very good at dumping 'cursed object' via walk duel.

Or he has an upgrade to lose insignificant status. Probably some kind of hat, gremlins being what they are.

The GG2016 schemes don't have an Interact-with-model scheme that requires an Interact to remove the condition, I believe. Either it's just an action that can't be taken while engaged, or it can't be removed. Also, his pseudo-Chatty, and ridiculous speed is probably going to deter all that much interaction with him.

As a Sky Pirate he may have a tactical action or an upgrade that allows others to fly. That could be pretty cool.  But I'm pretty sure that they would do that.  Maybe when Pigs fly?  Wait a minute :huh:

Did I just see a flying Warpig Sky Pirate?  Naw must've been Superman. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SpiralngCadavr said:

Okay, sorry if this has been covered, but which way is he going? His pose makes him seem like he should be launching backwards, but the smoke has him launching forwards, so, is he gonna' land on his ass, or what?

OTOH, I certainly do like the rocketeer look.

Honestly, being as how he's a gremlin, that is always going to be the question I suspect lol

You know in cartoons where they light off a rocket or firework and it goes whirling through the air back and forth doing loops and other general wackiness? That's how I'm seeing him get around. Frankly, we're lucky he doesn't have some scatter dice (scatter card flip?) mechanic to determine where he ends up. You'll probably be able to tell the true gremlin players because they'll fly him around making odd whoop-zip-ping noises every time they move him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob Lo said:

You know in cartoons where they light off a rocket or firework and it goes whirling through the air back and forth doing loops and other general wackiness? That's how I'm seeing him get around. Frankly, we're lucky he doesn't have some scatter dice (scatter card flip?) mechanic to determine where he ends up. You'll probably be able to tell the true gremlin players because they'll fly him around making odd whoop-zip-ping noises every time they move him.

I stand by what I said. Zipp actually charges 15, but in loop-the-loops, so it only ends up being 5 movement in a straight line.

As for the rest...*the deep blush of someone who signifies magnetic and/or tessellating magnet pushes on the tabletop by clicking her rings together*...

• Like 2