SS Pool ??

Gremlin66

Somer has 4 SS's in the pool. If I use the "bythetree.net" crew builder I can get the pool up to 7 SS's. On page 90 of the Rulebook I'm reading it as the crews leaders card is the number of SS's available at the beginning of the game.

Do some models add SS's to the pool when you add them?

Do upgrades use the SS's pool?

Thanks.

This crew list is made from (bythetree) 

Outcasts  SS Pool - (1)
50ss Crew

Viktoria Of Ashes -- 1ss
 +Howling Wolf Tattoo - 1ss
 +Sisters In Fury - 2ss
 +I Pay Better - 1ss

Student Of Conflict - 4ss

Ronin - 6ss

Ronin - 6ss

Ronin - 6ss

Sue - 8ss
 +Oathkeeper - 1ss

Taelor - 10ss
 +Oathkeeper - 1ss
 +Scout The Field - 1ss

Viktoria Of Blood - 0ss
 +Sisters In Spirit - 1ss
 +Mark Of Shez'uul - 2ss

Masters and Henchmen both have a Cache of Soulstones can be used during the game ONLY if they are the leading model of your crew. In your case Vic of Ashes is leading so you get her Cache. You cannot spend these stones on crew construction.

Any Soulstones out of your 50 which you do not spend are added to your Cache to use in game. Your Cache + your unspent stones added together are reffered to as your Soulstone Pool. Your Pool cannot exceed 7 regardless of how many points you did not spend or how big your cache is.

The Ronin that come in the Viktorias box can sacrifice themselves to give you 2 soulstones, which is useful if you can get them activated quickly just before they get killed.

As for how many stones - experiment with it. I play a lot of Som'er and I tend to only bring his 4 stone cache with me, but it depends on your playstyle and what kind of models you've brought. For example, if you've brought a Henchman who might be taking a lot of hits (e.g. Mancha Roja), you probably want more stones to use on damage prevention flips, if you have a crew that really relies on a good hand, you might want more to spend on cards, if you have some good triggers or suit-based TNs on your Master/Henchmen, you might want more too.

Thats not a bad idea. If you have the time to do so, try playing a game where you have maximum cache, and you try and spend it fast, just to see what it can do. (So for the Viks buy the mask for the whirlwind trigger every time you have a chance to whirlwind, damage prevent on most of the attacks against you, and buy the 2 cards at the beginnign  of the turn if you have a poor hand. You'll run out somewhere in turn 2 probably, but it will let you see what spending the stones will do. And later on you will have a better idea of how many stones you want to spend. 

There isn't a right answer, it depends on how you play. 1 viks player may p[lay very aggressive with their list and burn all the stones buy turn 2, where as another might play more cagey, and not comete to the fight until turn 4, and so barely use any stones. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adran said:

If you have the time to do so, try playing a game where you have maximum cache, and you try and spend it fast, just to see what it can do.

That's a pretty cool idea, should have done that when I started out.

Okay, who am I kidding, I might still benefit from this ... :D