Best all Female Faction?

Gremlin66

The lil woman is semi interested in the game. She hasn't really looked at the rules or figures yet. I'm just starting so I'm going to take baby steps with her.

What is the best faction to run to have the most females and kick some butt, win/lose and have a good game?

She does enjoy Blood Bowl. 

I believe most factions have about an even split male to female. However if she really likes the female idea I might suggest looking at arcanists, and focusing on Colette Dubois. That entire box set is all about show girls, she's a very powerful master.  If your woman isn't so into that brutal get up in your face melee beater style, Colette is a master that rewards out of the box thinking.  The rest of the faction Masters are also very strong and many are of the female option, Rasputina, Kaeris, Toni Ironsides can all be alot of fun.

Arcanists is indeed a good faction for all female crews. In addition to Colette there's also Rasputina who likes run all female crews, although she often likes to bring some ice constructs as well. Kaeris, Ironsides and Mei Feng could also run a competitive crew with only females and constructs.

I find painting lipstick on male models works well if you really want a crew full of sista's :P 
Ramos has the potential to be a fabulous aging queen... and now i have an urge to model him as Prescilla; Queen of the Desert... 

Arcanists D'harling!

Wyrd should really release a drag queen alt sculpt crew come to think of it...

• Like 3

Calm down there boys. Don't start sporting a woody. Lol. 

The wife is going with. Outcasts. 

She is starting with the Vik box set and Sue. We're going to go from there. I believe Malifaux Child and Vanessa will be next. We still gotta get a few games in. I like Bishop and maybe Hans for her. 

I know it's late for the suggestions, but Mah Tucket's box is all girl gremlins, and Rasputina's has one girl, a lot of ice creatures, and one piece of wendigo food. :P

2 hours ago, Gremlin66 said:

Calm down there boys. Don't start sporting a woody. Lol. 

The wife is going with. Outcasts. 

She is starting with the Vik box set and Sue. We're going to go from there. I believe Malifaux Child and Vanessa will be next. We still gotta get a few games in. I like Bishop and maybe Hans for her. 

<--This is a Malifaux Child painted up to look like a girl, no modification at all. Just one with hair cut short. ^_^I guess you could stick a green stuff ponytail on if you wanted.

Viktorias vs. your gremlins is going to be a good match so I'm glad it worked out this way.

3 hours ago, MR TORGUE said:

I find painting lipstick on male models works well if you really want a crew full of sista's :P 
Ramos has the potential to be a fabulous aging queen... and now i have an urge to model him as Priscilla; Queen of the Desert... 

Arcanists D'harling!

Nightmare McMourning. :huh:

For the M.child that's a possibility. As for Sue? I grew up with Johnny Cash. My dad was a big fan. So I added him to what I ordered for her. I hope he plays out well.

We're new to this. I'm just trying to get her a competitive Outcast crew. Their female minions are kind of lacking for what I believe would work well with the Sisters.

• 1 month later...

With the new boxes every faction now has its option for starting with all girls or one girl and a bunch of neuter monsters. Nellie from the Guild has an all-girl box, and Asami from Ten Thunders has one girl and a bunch of monsters. The Resser girl 'box' is two boxes, Molly and the girl crooligan plus the belles from Seamus' box, which is half-ok as Seamus' box is a popular pick for some women who are new to minis gaming (I have given up on figuring out why, and now I just pin it on the pretty rotten belle dresses).

On 6/22/2016 at 5:51 AM, MR TORGUE said:

Ramos has the potential to be a fabulous aging queen... and now i have an urge to model him as Priscilla; Queen of the Desert... 

Arcanists D'harling!

So are you going to convert Ramos into a Mommy Longlegs or not? :P

• Like 1

Well with a mix of alt models you can put together a pool like.

Colette

3 x Mechanical Doves

Cassandra

Angelina

Miss Step

Johanna (merc)

2 x Performers

2 x Coryphee + Duet

2 x Manniquins

Miss Demeanor (alt Convict Gunslinger, still find them on eBay occasionally) (merc)

Taelor (merc)

3 x Oiran (merc)

Obviously you can only use two Mercs at a time, and for my money that's Johanna and one other, but it covers most things including beater units (prompting Miss Step/Howard is almost unfair). Colette is one of the most flexible masters in the game. I do have a proxy for Joss that I converted out of the old Taelor model with one of Injun Joss's axes. If you can pick up the female Firestarter that's another model, and alt Willie Miss Fire (?) is coming out next Gencon. There are a lot of ways to get the crew you want.

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/07/2016 at 6:53 AM, Freman said:

Well with a mix of alt models you can put together a pool like.

Colette

3 x Mechanical Doves

Cassandra

Angelina

Miss Step

Johanna (merc)

2 x Performers

2 x Coryphee + Duet

2 x Manniquins

Miss Demeanor (alt Convict Gunslinger, still find them on eBay occasionally) (merc)

Taelor (merc)

3 x Oiran (merc)

Obviously you can only use two Mercs at a time, and for my money that's Johanna and one other, but it covers most things including beater units (prompting Miss Step/Howard is almost unfair). Colette is one of the most flexible masters in the game. I do have a proxy for Joss that I converted out of the old Taelor model with one of Injun Joss's axes. If you can pick up the female Firestarter that's another model, and alt Willie Miss Fire (?) is coming out next Gencon. There are a lot of ways to get the crew you want.

Don't forget the Ice Dancers, and potentially Kudra

• Like 1