Well ...crap ..

If you are looking to "twist" cross roads 7 it would be the 7 Virtues.  There are 2 main interpretations -the 3 Theological Virtues of Love, Hope, and Faith plus the Four Cardinal Virtues of Prudence, Temperance, Fortitude, and Justice.  Or the Seven Contrary Virtues that line up with the Seven Sins

Humility- Pride 

Kindness - Envy

Temperance/Abstinence - Gluttony

Chastity - Lust

Patience -Wrath

Charity/Liberality - Greed

Diligence -Sloth

Besides a Malifaux Interpretation of "the good guys" has to be twisted.

• Like 6

On 1.7.2016 at 10:48 PM, easily_mused said:

If you are looking to "twist" cross roads 7 it would be the 7 Virtues.  There are 2 main interpretations -the 3 Theological Virtues of Love, Hope, and Faith plus the Four Cardinal Virtues of Prudence, Temperance, Fortitude, and Justice.  Or the Seven Contrary Virtues that line up with the Seven Sins

Humility- Pride 

Kindness - Envy

Temperance/Abstinence - Gluttony

Chastity - Lust

Patience -Wrath

Charity/Liberality - Greed

Diligence -Sloth

Besides a Malifaux Interpretation of "the good guys" has to be twisted.

That's a seriously cool idea!

• Like 1

What might be fun as a Black Friday release is a two-player Story Encounter box based on The Nutcracker.  Personally, I'm thinking the Nutcracker (alt Vasilisa, perhaps) and 3x toy soldiers (alt Wicked Dolls) vs.  the Mouse King (alt sculpt Rat King) and some mouse minions as alt Malifaux Rats.

I dunno.  The exact composition needs some work, but I think it could be pretty cool.

• Like 2

I've read it mentioned before, but the Little Red Riding Hood seems pretty solid as a Twisted Alternative.

Little Red Riding Hood - Perdita/Lillith or Pandora

Grandma - Abuela/Zoraida

Big Bad Wolf - Waldgeist/Hunter

The Woodsman - Guild Pathfinder/Tuco

A set based on Rapunzel may be pretty good too. 

Rapunzel - Molly Squidpidge/Kirai

Dame Gothel - Lady J

The Prince - Necrotic Machine/Lost Love

3 Billy Goats Gruff

Oldest Billy Goat - Viktoria of Ashes/Ophelia LaCroix

Middle Billy Goat - Viktoria of Blood/Francois LaCroix

Youngest Billy Goat - Vanessa/Rami LaCroix

Troll - Rogue Necromancy, Desolation Engine, Blessed of December, Saber Tooth Cerberus, Bad Juju, Lenny etc.

Idea #1

Jakob Lynch = A honey loving bear, preferably pantless

Hungry Darkness = A honey creature

Mr. Graves = An angry rabbit

Mr. Tannen = A hyperactive tiger

Depleted = A small pig

Illumintated = A wise owl

Beckoner = A small boy

Stitched Together = A sad donkey (because all luck is bad luck)

Idea #2

With Wyrd coming with alternate Crews, maybe they could expand on them in Twisted Alternatives.

Like a Circus Performer version of Angelica. Or Biker Gang Wastrels. Or even Dead Justice Exorcists. (As Tara's Nightmare box was just alternate poses, her box should be ignored for this.)

I am COMPLETELY AGAINST the Nightmare Editions being released themselves under the Twisted Alternative line. But I can see people wanting to fill out their crew with Themed models and if they look cool enough, I'm sure they'll sell to people who didn't pick up the original crew. I mean I'd buy Dead Justice Exorcists and maybe even an a Dark Circus Angelica (depending how the model looks).

Edited by ABoyNamedSue
Added a few more to the Twisted Jakob Crew I proposed

2 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

I would love a that praises the late David Bowie; I would recommend the Lilith Crew as the Goblin King Crew

Lilith -> Goblin King

Terror Tots -> Goblins

Barbaros -> Humongos

You are not conviced? Click here !

Do I win this thread now?

Apparently, we think in the similar way :D

On 13. 1. 2016 at 5:31 AM, Phinn said:

Not an Arcanist model but... Special Edition Zoraida - David Bowie as Jareth, the Goblin King from Labyrinth :D
"You Remind me of the Babe" ("What babe?" "Babe with the power." "What Power?" "Power of Voodoo." "Who do?" "You do." "Do what?" "Remind me of the babe."), Crystal Ball...

On Saturday, July 09, 2016 at 1:27 AM, clockworkspide said:

What might be fun as a Black Friday release is a two-player Story Encounter box based on The Nutcracker.  Personally, I'm thinking the Nutcracker (alt Vasilisa, perhaps) and 3x toy soldiers (alt Wicked Dolls) vs.  the Mouse King (alt sculpt Rat King) and some mouse minions as alt Malifaux Rats.

I dunno.  The exact composition needs some work, but I think it could be pretty cool.

I like the alt rats idea. I've  been  racking my brain on how to make the extra 4 I got from the brotherhood box set unique  from the 4 I've  already  painted. 

On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 2:59 PM, ABoyNamedSue said:

Idea #1

Jakob Lynch = A honey loving bear, preferably pantless

Hungry Darkness = A honey creature

Mr. Graves = An angry rabbit

Mr. Tannen = A hyperactive tiger

Depleted = A small pig

Illumintated = A wise owl

Beckoner = A small boy

Stitched Together = A sad donkey (because all luck is bad luck)

Idea #2

With Wyrd coming with alternate Crews, maybe they could expand on them in Twisted Alternatives.

Like a Circus Performer version of Angelica. Or Biker Gang Wastrels. Or even Dead Justice Exorcists. 

Biker gang  wastrals  would  be  especially  awesome  since you currently  can't  buy them separately. 

On July 9, 2016 at 3:27 PM, clockworkspide said:

I know this is a bit old, but I like the idea of Holiday Story Encounter boxes. We usually get fun Holiday story encounters in Chronicles every year for most holidays, and maybe having a small box for it would be fun. I don't know how well stuff like The Carver sells, but I enjoy that kind of thing.

Not exactly a "Twisted Alternative", and not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I was writing a post about Kirai for a new player, and remembered this thread: I'd like to throw out the idea of an alt-timeline box in which Kirai instead of Francis was assassinated, and the subsequent effect on Francis. Have Francis be the Master and Kirai the Lost Love totem, then have European-themed spirits of vengeance in the box. Maybe a little booklet detailing his falling out with his father, and leading an spirit-backed rebellion against the Guild.

I have no idea how this came to me, but it just did...

Twisted Alternatives: Shenlong based crew that is Kaiju-themed.  The idea being, the models look like they are not realistic monsters, but actually daikaiju, guys in monster suits.

Shenlong: Gojira/Godzilla

Sensei Yu: Rodan

Dawn Serpent: Mothera

Still have Ghidorah, Gammora, and others.  I'm sure not doable due to copyright issues. 

Now to try to figure out where this came from.

• Like 2