Parker Barrows & Co.

Golden Apple

5 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Not all criminals are Bandits. I'm sure there are plenty of tax evaders locked up in Malifaux who would hate being lumped in with that lot. :)

Not all criminals are twin six-gun blasting hardcases who aint going back to jail, either.

Unless the prison system in Malifaux is hilariously lax, they probably didn't pick up their pistol skills in the joint. If Convict Gunslingers were locked up for tax evasion, its just because none of the other charges would stick. That or the Judge was really throwing the book at them...

Bang!

• Like 2

I hope that he is able to nominate x models in his crew as bandits with an upgrade or something... I'd rather not have to get a whole new suite of minions/enforcers when I would much rather just farm a crew from the rest of the outcast range.

It sounds a bit generalist as a trope though as well and there is no reason I can think of to not see crooked friekorpsmen or ronin running around with the bandit intentions.

You don't actually need to include any bandits in his crew, you just gain the advantage of not discarding a card when you go through their pockets. 

(Mind you, I would say you don't need to include any Frozen hearty models in a Rasputina crew, and she plays off that keyword much more)

Sure, other things might well refer to Bandit, but the more that refers to bandit, the less likely that it will be able to be given out as a keyword. I can only think of 3 examples of adding a keyword, and thats Abula marrying you into the family for the game, the Viks gaining an honourary sister for a turn. and Tormenting models (although you may count thats as 2, as its the guilty and Jacks upgrades). 

3 hours ago, Adran said:

I can only think of 3 examples of adding a keyword, and thats Abula marrying you into the family for the game, the Viks gaining an honourary sister for a turn. and Tormenting models (although you may count thats as 2, as its the guilty and Jacks upgrades).

Can't Rasputina give out Frozen Heart with December's Touch?

Am I the only one fearing that he gets squished away with that mediocre statline and a lack of defensive abilities, while at the same time he seems to prefer mid-range.
Shiver, he could end up like monty. Abilities motivating to run up front but no stats or abilities to keep him alive.
DF/WP6 isnt bad but wont keep you alive as a Master.

Rofl, no other master sees the tabletop with out survivalist, this guy Is no exception. Montresor would take it too if he could! If this guys range and damage on his pistols is akin to a paired set of clockwork seekers, this guy Is going to cause a lot of headaches, especially if those pistols get the 2" melee a la convict gunslingers.

7 hours ago, thebarbalag said:

I buy lack of defensive abilities, but mediocre stat line? 6/6 with 14 wounds...?

Df/Wp 6, Wd 14 with Cache 4 is not too shabby. And if you have Survivalist on him and some healing nearby then it is pretty good.

Plus we need to wait what his attack/tactical actions will look like to see if he is short/medium/long range damage dealer/support piece.

On 6/16/2016 at 3:47 AM, Gimli81 said:

You could call those tax bandits. Though I doubt they'd ever be recruited into a field crew. 

If they don't exist in Book 4, I want tax bandits to be in Book 5.

On 6/20/2016 at 6:50 PM, DXXXVIII said:

Am I the only one fearing that he gets squished away with that mediocre statline and a lack of defensive abilities, while at the same time he seems to prefer mid-range.
Shiver, he could end up like monty. Abilities motivating to run up front but no stats or abilities to keep him alive.
DF/WP6 isnt bad but wont keep you alive as a Master.

He's definitely not a super hard to kill Master, but remember, he can gain a Soulstones and cards which can improve his survival chances.

• Like 1