Von Schill: A Real American Shopping List

Golden Apple

2 hours ago, Khoregard said:

Hannah - I Pay Better, Arcane Tomes

Personally, I do believe that 1 freikorpsmann is the highest number you can possibly play to get value from.

Anyway, the biggest problem imo is the 2 SS upgrade for Hannah. How can you pull value from it?

You need always the symbol to do TN...and you just end by bury someone IF you win the duel....

It allows you to bury anything, be it friendly or enemy to remove it from danger or from being a danger. hannah just needs a 8+ of masks, either stone for suit, or reference the field guide from a nearby korps. Last game I buried Bad Juju in the center of the board and due to terrain and positioning had him respawn in his corner deployment because their was no way to place him in base contact with the marker.

re: comment about the freikorpsmann, while obviously you need to field 1 to see value per se, the synergistic bonuses from Engage at Will, I Pay Better and A Legend to Live Up To all work to allow the kopps to punch above their weight class. Reference the field guide is capable of allowing a double ram trigger crit strike boosting their damage profile considerably.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Khoregard said:

It allows you to bury anything, be it friendly or enemy to remove it from danger or from being a danger. hannah just needs a 8+ of masks, either stone for suit, or reference the field guide from a nearby korps. Last game I buried Bad Juju in the center of the board and due to terrain and positioning had him respawn in his corner deployment because their was no way to place him in base contact with the marker.

re: comment about the freikorpsmann, while obviously you need to field 1 to see value per se, the synergistic bonuses from Engage at Will, I Pay Better and A Legend to Live Up To all work to allow the kopps to punch above their weight class. Reference the field guide is capable of allowing a double ram trigger crit strike boosting their damage profile considerably.

Definitively good idea to "Reference the field" for the suite, never ever thought about it.

It might be viable due to this, to be honest. Taking this action twice a turn without need to stone or suit but just discarding a low "Mask"  and turning a low card for the TN might be surprisingly versatile.

Where did you read about the unbury on deploy? I mean, where you can find the unbury positioning when you can't legally unbury on its place? It's quite easy to build such situation and make it unbury somewhere else instead.

Freikorps are surely good piece for 5SS nearby the mustache...but rarely I find the needs of more than 1.

2 minutes ago, Freman said:

Don't overlook just standing Hannah on top of the Void marker. If the model can't be placed in base to base with it they have to be returned to their deployment zone.

If you bury a large piece close to unpassable terrain, it's easy to place another model to avoid the possibility to unbury it.

good to know

On June 20, 2016 at 3:31 AM, Khoregard said:

but the trappers zero action to push gives them a crazy amount of scheme running ability especially if they are in the schill bubble and can survive a charge from something.

Remember they can only do that push if engaged if I remember right

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Armond said:

Are you sure, I think you are talking about Thunder Archers?  But I could be mistaken, I don't have the card in front of me.  

Pretty sure, trappers only get to push if engaged. Archers do nothing if engaged. 

• Like 1

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 10:51 AM, Armond said:

Are you sure, I think you are talking about Thunder Archers?  

I don't have to worry about buying any 10 Thunders archers. (Unless, that is, I succumb to my dark urge to play McCabe...)

I've gotten strong positive feedback for Lazarus and Strongarm, mixed but positive feedback on Hannah. Johan(a) has got such a reputation for efficiency that I must acquire her/him, and if I wander into any other faction the big lug can tag along with me.

I'm going to hold off on Hannah for the moment. The price tag combined with her weirdly static pose have given me pause.

A ) Can one have decent versatility with the Hired guns box, Lazarus, Strongarm and Johan(a)?

B ) Add in Hired Swords?

C ) Does the Thunder box contain anything but Misaki that Outcasts can use? If so, does von Schill want to mess with any of it? I ask because Misaki seems to benefit from the Hired Swords box... That's how they get you.

D ) Does the Plague Cometh net me anything for von Schill aside from abusive rat activation? I figure I'm going to purchase the Brotherhood of the Rat, in order to have story encounters for Through the Breach, for (fingers crossed) future henchman events. If I'm going to be getting all those rats anyway, figure the Plague cometh is just a rational next step. That's how they get you so good...

E ) Crossroads 7: what's up with that? (See above for rationale.)

A lot of these are down the road things, I'm limiting my monthly purchases strategically. Any input or discussion in this vein is welcome.

A - yes, without the question.

B - if you need second master - yes. If you need Taelor - yes. Otherwise - no.

C - Models from Misaki's box are for Misaki only (Lost Blossom) and only Torakage can be taken by anyone as those are Mercs. I wouldn't buy this box if I were you unless you want to play Misaki as another master.

D - Nope, not really.

E - Can be used as Mercs or can be fielded as an Outcasts crew then Wrath is in charged. Also Jack Daw can take them freely (Tormented). There are nice models in this box (Lust, Envy) but I wouldn't buy unless you go for Jack as your second master.

16 minutes ago, Golden Apple said:

D) Does the Plague Cometh net me anything for von Schill aside from abusive rat activation? I figure I'm going to purchase the Brotherhood of the Rat, in order to have story encounters for Through the Breach, for (fingers crossed) future henchman events. If I'm going to be getting all those rats anyway, figure the Plague cometh is just a rational next step. That's how they get you so good...

I see what you did there :)

Is there a reason you're not considering Levis box now? Rusty Alyce is a very good all around henchman for Outcasts, and she can take an upgrade to summon abominations, so those are usefull too.

27 minutes ago, Munindk said:

I see what you did there :)

Is there a reason you're not considering Levis box now? Rusty Alyce is a very good all around henchman for Outcasts, and she can take an upgrade to summon abominations, so those are usefull too.

From everything I've read, Leveticus is a fairly selfish, self-sufficient sort of master. I figure if I can put together a solid versatile core, I can pick him up at my leisure and swap him in as I choose. That said, I'm in no rush to get him, as I'm going to have to invest in three proxies for those Hollow Waifs. Something about helpless women that exist solely to be victimized by a creepy old perv bothers my delicate sensibilities...

Also, you give me too much credit. That clever wordplay was just a happy accident.

As always, thank all of you for sharing your wisdom with me.

• Like 1

On 25.6.2016 at 7:34 AM, Sprints54 said:

Remember they can only do that push if engaged if I remember right

But they also get an automatic push when shooting somebody (3"), so effectively they can push every turn (either engaged or shooting) ...

• Like 1