Choices... Looking at a Slow Grow...

Armond

So, I have a problem.  I am looking at what faction to start out with for a Slow Grow to go along with my soon up and coming PLOG which will include terrain building and such.  I have multiple options from multiple factions, so choices are abundant.  It's odd how much you can collect and never play...  But in any case, here is what I have to choose from:

Guild - Lucius Crew, Lone Marshall, Witchling Stalkers, Guild Rifleman, Death Marshall

Rezzers - Molly Crew, Yin, Punk Zombies,

Arcanists - Rasputina Crew, SnowStorm, Joss

Neverborn - Zoraida Crew, Doppleganger, Waldgeist, McTavish

Outcasts - Von Schill Crew, Tara Crew, Aionus, Hannah, Hodgepodge Effigy, Killjoy, Johan, Lazarus, Sue, Vanessa

Ten Thunders - Misaki Crew, Ama No Zaka, Yamaziko, Dawn Serpent, Katanaka Sniper, Thunder Archers, Ten Thunders Brothers

I know a lot of these have some overlap, but I just divided them up.  It seems my highest chance of variety and build would be Outcasts because I have three potential Masters in models.  But I am a bit intrigued by Zoraida and Rasputina.  What would be your line of thinking given the choices above?

What kind of slow grow is it? Shifting Loyalties or regular master crews but at 25 or 35SS?

For Horror Molly I'd be hard pressed to make decent lists without Seamus' box and some Dead Doxies. Sybelle is a a very solid Henchman (especially for Shifting Loyalties) and Belles are always usefull. Dead Doxies do a lot of work with Phillip for card cycling, but they can also move Yin around (or Molly, if you dont want Sybelle) and they have a decent damage track.

For Rasputina I'd strongly consider some Acolytes and Silent Ones (the latter can function as mini Rasputinas in Shifting Loyalties).

Well, I'm all about the 10T, sooooo... I'd go with the 10T!

Honestly, looking at what you've presented, I think the 10T are the best choice anyways.  Seeing as you have the most variety of random good-stuff™ throughout minions, I feel like that offers the most variety, in so far as you can paint up even just 1 or 2 of any given minion, and have them available to toss in the crew.  As you grow you can select more at once, but that seems to offer the most variety.

A lot of the outcast things I see listed are closer to the high-points values, so while you may be able to switch them up, they'll be enjoying less overlap as the game-size expands, because fitting more than one of those 8+ ss models in will be harder.

Granted I know nothing about your play experience, but if you're less experienced, going with Outcast also means replacing larger swaths of what you've been learning to play at once.  With 10T, if you get comfortable with a minion's style, you can find room to keep them and explore other options.

And of course, if you're not concerned with starting with the base of what you own already, and purchasing is going to be happening anyways, then this all doesn't matter terribly much :P.  But someone like Molly might end up being more demanding, because with summons you may want to have 1 of a few different good models just "in case" to suit the situation.  At least that's how I understand Summoners working.

But beyond that, obviously the best choice is whatever master appeals the most by your sense of style.  My friend likes Lucius and plays him a bit, despite his rather negative connotation in a more "competitive" scene.  So no amount of logic or what makes sense is really better than what excites or drives your passion for the game.  But I don't know what that is, if it's mechanics, story, or trying to dig through a back-log of models.  So that's on you :P.