Nimos Guild Miniatures

Nimo

Thanks, I'm happy that my miniatures are to your linking.

I tried a toothpick ones, but somehow I could not get the right feel for it, so I switched back to a good old brush.

Maybe some time in the future, I'll write a little bit about my experience (If I'll find some time and motivation). But I'm a better painter, than player or writer, so don't expect to much.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Over the last Month I've finished a few more models:

Death Marshal

DM-02-01.JPGDM-02-02.JPG

I continued to paint my Marshals with "real" fire. I like the ghostrider touch.

The fire came out a little bit more on the orange side than the last one, but I like it that way. It gives a nice contrast to the blue coat.

Pathfinder % Clockwork Traps

Pathfinder-01.jpgPathfinder-02.jpg

Next I finished a pathfinder. I wanted to provide some kind of red uniform to my guardsmen, so I decided to paint the trousers and sleeves in this colour. To get a little bit of this feeling beneath the wild Furr and Leather appearance.

Clockwork-Traps.JPG

I thought it was kind of boring to assemble all four traps the same way. So I decided to make 2 little conversions. One Trap "hidden" on the ground, ready to strike and one shoot out of the ground, to attack a surprised foe.

Witchling Stalker

witchling-stalker-01.jpgwitchling-stalker-02.jpg

The most recent Modell is a Witchling Stalker and I'm quite happy how he turned out. Painting him was some some sort of "happy accident".

I started relatively aimless wet-painting his robe, to get some basic shadows in. And after that, following a mood, I grabed my so called freehand-brush layering thin stripes, to get some rough cloth texture. I really think it worked out.

A little WIP

Currently I am painting this guy:

Nobody-WIP-01.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I finish my two roughnecks, to take part as neutral models in the big brawl called first-scenario-of-our-local-malifaux-campaign.

And I want to share the pictures of both with you:

Buddy:

buddy-01.JPGbuddy-02.JPG

Nobody:

nobudy-01.JPGnobudy-02.JPG

I am quite happy how they turned out. They are painted in a similar technique to the witchling stalker. I'm especially satisfied with the bright parts and their shadows. Normally I don't like to paint bright cloth, but here after a few layers of paint it almost made fun.

A little WIP

Currently I am assembling and painting my campaign crew. Starting with my leader captain Dashel. But somehow I didn't really feel like painting stuff, but more like building some terrain. So as a compromise I did the Base for Dashel first (and maybe did a little bit to much).

Dashel-Base.JPG

I wanted to give it a feeling of a dirty old back alley. With some old boardfence and used, dirty cobblestones. After Dashel is glued in place I'll add some drops of Still water to one or two dents I left on the base.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Last Weeks I was a little occupied, by finishing my entry for the femme fatal contest. I totally forgot to take pictures of the promised Master Queeg.

Now After I finished my entry, I want to catch up on this.

Master-Queeg-01.JPGMaster-Queeg-02.JPG

Becaus Queeg himself is a quite plain (but very nice) Model, I thought he needed some kind of fancy base.

So I decided to stick a worker onto the base. Some friendly arcanist prisoner, who kindly and freely agreed to take part in this little diorama.

The "arcanist" is build out of the ttb-character set. One Sort of Legs had this slightly kneeling pose, so I only had to rework it a little bit to archive my desired result. The mechanical Arm was not part of my plans at first. But after I figured out that all other good left arms had been gone, I had to choose it and now I'm happy with how it turned out.

The paintjob of Queeg should resemble a mix of my guardsmen theme (with the red trousers with black-white stripes at the sides) and some kind of wealthy planter (potrayed by the pinstriped vest).

• Like 7