Nimos Guild Miniatures

Nimo

Thank you. I'll try to take a few pictures of my other Miniatures soon.

For now I have a little Work-In-Progress shot of Grandma Ortega.

Assembling finished and started base-design. Next: Filling these little gabs on the hat.

IqA7vv3.jpg

The base should be some kind of front porch and I thought it needed a little extra. So I crafted the pillar and the clothesline on it. I hope it will be recognizable.

• Like 1

Today I took pictures of a few non-ortega minis.

TbPyTHL.jpg

VJFi4a6.jpg

YeWQS4T.jpg

In addition I went out of primer and had to do something other than painting.So I finally finished my first scheme-marker, which I had started a few month ago:

KZvDS4E.jpg

• Like 7

Really nice guys! I like the Judges' two-color duster (he looks like Alucard) and fire on Death Marshal - it's pretty rare to see a good red fire on these models)
But if you allow me small remark - there should be reflections on the back of duster and I would recommend to do reflections a little wider, because for now they are too local and sharp for such a bright source of light.
Though, you models are lovely and I'm looking forward for your new works ;)

Thank you, all.

@Stark: You're right. With the other Death Marshals I will keep that in mind and mabye this marshal will be visiting my painting-table again, some day.

Over the last day I painted Francisco. Even if I don't like the normal Modell that much, it was time to get him on the gamingtable painted.

Maybe I should look out for his alternate Version some day in the future.

C2ElWd6.jpg

• Like 5

I finished a pistolero this weekend. Build him out of the through the breach character set and with a little sculpting.

After I painted him he look very good. The cloth had a nice matt surface. But then I spray matt varnish on him and somehow he got glossy. It worked by my other miniatures before, but with him I must have sprayed a little bit to much ( or the moon was rising in the wrong angle that day, how knows).

8jhCntJ.jpg

He's not ruined, but Its annoying to see this glossiness on him.

Hope you like him after all

• Like 4

I love the Pistolero conversion, so full of character. The only thing I'd suggest would be to give the eyes a wash of light brown. You might also try applying a coat of Army Painter Anti-Shine, I managed to save a few minis using it in similar situation.

Matte sprays really require a controlled climate in my experience.  They're very unpredictable when used outside.  Humidity is the biggest danger as it can create a foggy coat that pretty well ruins the model, but I've had random issues whenever I spray somewhere other than my basement.

Sadly, in the near future I don't have enough time for Malifaux Miniatures, because of some other urgend Projects.

First we have a little local Blightking-Painting-Contest and than there will be the new Cygnar Battlebox, which want to be painted for a beginner-tournament in July.

If you want to have a look at this projects, check out my twitter account, I'll try to stay up to date with WIP:

https://twitter.com/Nimo_TopHat

After that I'll be back with some more Malifaux Minis (mabye another Death Marshal or a Brutal Effigy)

• 9 months later...

To long I've forgotten to share my latest malifaux miniatures.

To catch up on that, I want to start with a few Miniatures of my Reporter Crew, ready to hunt the 100% True News about criminal Arcanists, brutal Neverborn and abominable Necromancers.

The Field Reporter

I decided to give everyone a little theme to fit the three wave 1 Masters. Two of the three Field Reporters are finished, which are the Ortega Reporter and the one for Lady J.

Ortega-Reporter

Fearlessly standing in the middle of a gun fight, searching for her notepad to bring the news of the brave famlily.

Field-Reporter-Ortega-02.JPG

I tried to ad the feeling of a gunfight to the miniature, by sticking some flying bullets, made out of molten plastic and putty, onto the hair and the bag. It's not much and at first glance it may be overlooked, but I like it and think it turned out well.

Justis-Reporter

Whats working best against zombies ... of course, cutting of the head! ... and who do this better than Lady J herself. So sometimes it could happen that some zombie heads fly past, but our brave reporters take a step back and keep writing down Justice heroic actions

Field-Reporter-Justis.JPG

The Printing Press

PrintingPress.JPG

I really like Nellies Totem. Its a very nice model and the rules are great. The best act of heroism was tying up Lazarus for a few rounds, whlle he tried desperately to suppress the free press. The adittional newspapers on the base, where made out of thin plasticcard bended with a little bit of heat. The newspaper text was quick fiddly, but I was worth it and turned out quite well.

At the moment I'm working on Nellie herself. The next days I'll post some work in progress pics of her.

• Like 8

Thanks, the Printing Press is a very nice modell and paintig it was fun.

I have some good news and some bad news (besides the fact that the union is a cruel gang of criminals, exploiting our honest workers).

The bad news are: I did not manage to present some work in progress pics of nellie.

The good news are: Instead I managed to finish her:

Nellie-finished-01.JPGNellie-finished-02.jpg

Nellie-finished-03.jpgNellie-finished-04.jpg

The idea was to get a tweed-coat, loosely based on pictures of Nellie Bly (The obvious inspiration for Nellie Cochrane). It was a lot of fun to paint this and I'm very happy how it turned out. The red hat was more or less a succession of Greebo, who pointed out that with the overall grey-brown tweed she would need some more colour and I really like the accent this provides.

The Base was designed to support the motion of her, running fowward, further, with some old news she left behind.

While I was painting the face, the mad doctor, living in my brain stepped forward an whispered: Maybe it's possible to paint some freckles on this beautiful face, just like in the artwork After that he vanished back to the place where he came from in, with a hysterical laughter echoing through my brain.

To cut a long story short. It was possible, with my finest brush and some very thin coats of her skintone, to smooth the dots out.

I'm highly pleased how she looks now and I can't wait to get her on the table, to hunt new news and evil threats to the guild.

• Like 5