Origins & Emissaries

Lucidicide

On 6/1/2016 at 1:30 PM, Aaron said:

Hello Wyrdos,

I am very happy to announce that we will have limited quantities of certain (unannounced) Emissaries of Fate for sale at Origins Game Fair from June 15 until June 19 (they are likely to be provided without boxes, just baggies, plastic, and cards). Come on out to the show, meet some of the Wyrd team, play in our events, and enjoy what Ohio has to offer!

For those of you who can't make it to the show, just know that your wait won't be too long! The Emissaries of Fate are coming your way soon.

We hope to see you there!

This gives me hope that they'll all be available at Gen Con this year!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:04 PM, Guslado said:

This gives me hope that they'll all be available at Gen Con this year!

Based on previous statements by Wyrd staff (once upon a time, Nathan had said that all of Wave 3 will be available by November of this year - the usual time frame for Gencon preorders), I think it's a decently safe wager that all of Wave 3 will be available at Gencon. I'm holding out some tiny hope that something from Wave 4 (other than the book) will be there, but that would be icing on a cake made of Emissaries and Changelings and Anna Lovelace...and then, maybe I can line my Christmas list with Wave 4 in the Black Friday sale...

• Like 1

Just now, Flatulous_Khan said:

I am really hoping we get stuff from Wave 4 at Gencon. I want Sandeep to be for sale so bad, but that is probably wishful thinking.

I'm guessing it will be like last year where we'll get the book and a couple of boxes of stuff from the new book (perhaps the Nightmare edition and Miss Model!)

Last year the only wave 3 models that came out at Gen Con with the launch of the book were the Crossroads 7 and the starter box.

Just now, Guslado said:

I'm guessing it will be like last year where we'll get the book and a couple of boxes of stuff from the new book (perhaps the Nightmare edition and Miss Model!)

Last year the only wave 3 models that came out at Gen Con with the launch of the book were the Crossroads 7 and the starter box.

Thanks. I was wondering what came out last year and couldn't remember. You are probably right but i can hope.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flatulous_Khan said:

Thanks. I was wondering what came out last year and couldn't remember. You are probably right but i can hope.

Nothing wrong with hoping, I too would love to bring a shiny new Sandeep and Titania home with me.

• Like 1

Well, remember that last year Wyrd was behind in release schedule - wave 1 was just being completed and wave 2 was started. Now Wave 2 will be done and wave 3 will be released a month or 2 after gencon, so I`d say its possible for some of the new models to be out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, edopersichetti said:

I'm just curious as to when the Mysterious Emissary is going to be coming out? It does not appear in the "upcoming" until September so I guess (hopefully) in October?

Same with the Shadow, which is why I'm so sad to be missing out on it here...both will almost certainly be available in the GenCon sale, though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomjoad said:

Yeah. I've held off this long without buying a proxy for the Thunders or an avatar for Neverborn, so I guess I can wait 2 months more, if I must.

I hear ya. For Ten Thunders, being a new faction, there isn't even an avatar choice! But the Zoraida avatar is quite a nice model and I ended up using it as itself in a Shifting Loyalties campaign so it was worth the investment ;)

Plus, I can use it as a Lucky Emissary too :lol:

• Like 1