Post your schemes, get a list thread

4thstringer

It has been faq'd that final repose (thinks that's the name) doesn't apply to head markers, so Lady j and the judge are just fine in headhunter. 

I think those were fun lists: I like the idea if using traps to fulfill search the ruins, without having to place scoring models in the center during interference! I'm just sad that they can't drop a marker turn 1, because that would be an excellent use for an austringer on turn 1 when they often find themselves without much else to do.

Guard sergeants can actually be helpful for searching ruins in interference. I guess they have some sort of search-dog accompany them which seems very thematic.

You could also have any two models hang out just on the edge of the center and drop one marker on either side. The traps seem to require a big investment in AP from other models and if you start them on the table they cost almost like a hound without granting an activation.

8 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Ok here's my attempt.  My warning is that I am not a successful tournament player, hell, I've only played in a few tournaments myself.

rounds 1:

Guild
50ss Crew

Perdita Ortega -- 4ss
 +Vengeance Bullet - 1ss
 +Trick Shooting - 2ss

Enslaved Nephilim - 3ss

Clockwork Trap - 2ss

Clockwork Trap - 2ss

Clockwork Trap - 2ss

Death Marshal - 6ss

Death Marshal - 6ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Hunter - 7ss

Hunter - 7ss

Brutal Effigy- 4ss

The idea being that you can declare search the ruins, and use perdita and the austringer (and possibly the neph) to get the traps to drop scheme markers.  The Austringer and Neph can also move the traps into people to engage them if they aren't careful, and by placing them near the outside of the middle circle, you further limit the places they can stand and still count for the strat.  The hunters and the death marshalls both like interference (since the hunter can jump from one side of the line to the other with proper placement at the end of turn, and the death marshall can bury the models which seek to tie them up), and the Death marshalls are a constant threat for detonate too.  Dita with vengence bullet is a constant threat for their master, so they will have to be cautious of that, and the enslaved neph can shimmy your guys around to make sure you get your different corners.  This list will not like most outcast lists though, so be cautious if that is what you see coming.

Id consider McMourning with a similar list, but replacing the neph with the chihuahua

Round 2:

I like the list you made for me above, but since you already have that, I'm going to go a slightly different route.

Guild
50ss Crew

C. Hoffman -- 8ss
 +Field Mechanic - 2ss

Brutal Emissary - 10ss
 +Brutal Conflux - 0ss

Guardian - 8ss

Guardian - 8ss

Hunter-7ss

Peacekeeper - 11ss
 +Expert Sleuth - 1ss

So the idea here is to use the guardians to hold the markers, and push people away.    The Emissary can box people off, will ignore the cover that those markers provide, and with another armor becomes a real pain to take down.  Since it is usually pretty easy to score this scheme, it should start regenning pretty quickly.  Peacekeeper can sit between them, harpooning anything that tries to be on the marker without engaging it and then making them into a bloody smear.  Hunter is can do the same kinds of pull shenanagans, and can threaten inspect if you feel like it.  You should replace him with 3 traps around the strat markers, which is pretty amusing, but will make it harder to push people away if placed wrong.

You are going to want undercover enrourage on the emissary, which you can run whereever you want with hoff in the last turn.  You will also probably want to do take prisoner, which the guardians excel at, as does the emissary.  The other option is to do set up on a model you know he will send towards the strat markers, and drop lots of markers near there to make life difficult for your opponent.  Honestly, i wouldn't do neutralize with this crew unless you see a really killable master on the other side.

Round 3:

I wish you had mounted guard, because I've been brainstorming a list that i would really like for this.  Since you don't, this is going to take some serious ability to hold the middle and kill things.  Lady J is fun in Headhunter, but the fact that it doesn't drop markers can be a real disappointment.   Her and the judge can help clear out that zone, but you will miss the markers.  Instead use the judge to pull their show of force models out of the zone and to obey executioner or sidir attacks for as long as possible.  TheAustringer will help you pick up the heads you create.  As far as schemes go, this group can do any of those pretty easily.  The death marshall loves mark for death, but he is even more useful in burying a model which would get the show of force.  If you do that, try to use the judge to pull him out of the circle if you can, so that killing him won't put that model back in.

Guild
50ss Crew

Lady Justice -- 6ss
 +Plant Evidence - 1ss

Brutal Effigy - 4ss

Death Marshal - 6ss

Executioner - 9ss
 +Plant Evidence - 1ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Sidir Alchibal - 9ss
 +By Your Side - 1ss

The Judge - 9ss
 +Unrelenting Leader - 2ss

I'm sure some of the tourney players on here have better ideas than me, but these are some of what I would try.  Sonnia was also tempting for this last one, as everyone is so likely to be bunched into the middle, just waiting to be blaster.

List 1 looks fun. 8 activations despite having the 3 traps. I would consider dropping 2 traps for a Pathfinder and try to play it with 2SS cache or drop the DM for a Pathfinder and leave the 4SS cache.

List 2:

Don`t have 2 guardians and Emissary can`t box enemy models and can`t score Entourage as only Master/Henchman can. Low activation count might also be an issue.

List 3:

Like Lady J (don`t have McMourning box painted yet, forgot to mention). Unfortunately I find Judge overcosted for what he does. Ca5 Lure with a projectile, 2SS for his upgrade make him overcosted for a Ml6 Sh5 model. I prefer Francisco that has a cool synergy, costs 10 SS with Wade In and Hermanos and bumps Lady J to Df 7. But I like Marshalls for Mark for Death

I also like Hoff for game 3 actually. He can give out extra AP for marking for death and picking up heads.

3 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Guard sergeants can actually be helpful for searching ruins in interference. I guess they have some sort of search-dog accompany them which seems very thematic.

You could also have any two models hang out just on the edge of the center and drop one marker on either side. The traps seem to require a big investment in AP from other models and if you start them on the table they cost almost like a hound without granting an activation.

Won`t have them for another week. Same as second Austringer, Exorcists and more Witchling Handlers

• Like 1

My main argument for traps over dogs is that they are often overlooked, and in the late game once asked to drop the markers are often survivable enough to protect them as well.  That being said numbers and activation control goes a long way in interference. 

You are right about the emissary in entourage.  Wasnt thinking.  Hoff could fill the role if needed, but since you are tossing a guardian maybe ryle would fit into that role.

I actually like the traps in interference. They can engage enemies to block points, are quite sturdy and pretty annoying. 

Perdita Ortega -- 3ss
 +Trick Shooting - 2ss

Abuela Ortega - 7ss

Brutal Effigy - 4ss

Clockwork Trap - 2ss

Death Marshal - 6ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Guild Pathfinder - 6ss

Nino - 7ss

Nice amout of activations, 4 Family models (counting Abuela (0)) mean I can lock up a lot of area for interacts. Trap block interference. Dogs count for interference and since a lot of scheme require markers they can get a lot of (1) AP charges.

• Like 2

My main argument for traps over dogs is that they are often overlooked, and in the late game once asked to drop the markers are often survivable enough to protect them as well.  That being said numbers and activation control goes a long way in interference. 

You are right about the emissary in entourage.  Wasnt thinking.  Hoff could fill the role if needed, but since you are tossing a guardian maybe ryle would fit into that role.

One thing I just realized is that traps are a real liability for detonate the charges.  That may need a rethink. 

Lucas McCabe -- 4ss
 +Badge Of Speed - 2ss
 +Glowing Saber - 2ss
 +Promises - 1ss

Luna - 4ss

Executioner - 9ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Pale Rider - 12ss

2 strong Enforcers for Hunting Party. Executionier is good for Frame for Murder. 2 Austringer with possible reactivate for Headhunter and LYM/CL. 2 Hounds and Luna for Inspection.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trikk said:

Lucas McCabe -- 4ss
 +Badge Of Speed - 2ss
 +Glowing Saber - 2ss
 +Promises - 1ss

Luna - 4ss

Executioner - 9ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Pale Rider - 12ss

2 strong Enforcers for Hunting Party. Executionier is good for Frame for Murder. 2 Austringer with possible reactivate for Headhunter and LYM/CL. 2 Hounds and Luna for Inspection.

I don't see two strong enforcers.

2 minutes ago, trikk said:

Post your own version then ;)

Pale Rider with Sabre is nice in my opinion. Executionier is someone you can`t really ignore despite him being slow.

Replace Executioner with Emissary. That gives you one extra upgrade to toss around and a model that is at least as strong as Executioner.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, trikk said:

Lucas McCabe -- 4ss
 +Badge Of Speed - 2ss
 +Glowing Saber - 2ss
 +Promises - 1ss

Luna - 4ss

Executioner - 9ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Pale Rider - 12ss

Did lym and frame.  Tried frame on the rider,  but it never got hurt.   Should have kept it on sexy.  Tied 4-4 against the viks.   

Next Monday will be the culmination of the June league I am participating in. Scheme pool has already been published so plenty of time to think about lists:

Deployment: Corner (10Crows.png)
Strategy: Guard the Stash (9Crows.png)
Schemes: (12Tomes.png, 3Masks.png)
  • Leave Your Mark (Tomes.png)
  • Exhaust Their Forces (Masks.png)
  • A Quick Murder (12)
  • Neutralize The Leader (3)
  • Convict Labor (Always)

With both A Quick Murder and Neutralize The Leader in the mix, I can't recommend anything other than Perdita.

Guild
50ss Crew

Perdita Ortega -- 4ss
 +Aura Ancestral - 1ss
 +Trick Shooting - 2ss
 +Vengeance Bullet - 1ss

Enslaved Nephilim - 3ss

Brutal Effigy - 4ss

Death Marshal - 6ss

Francisco Ortega - 8ss
 +Wade In - 1ss
 +Hermanos De Armas - 1ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Nino Ortega - 7ss
 +Hair Trigger - 1ss

Papa Loco - 7ss

That should do nicely. If the table makes it impossible for Nino to be useful, he can be replaced with for example Abuela.

Doing FFM on Riders is generally a bad idea imho. If they get taken early you lose 12 SS out of nowhere, an from turn 3 they require so much AP to bring down that its usually too late for the opponent.

3 hours ago, fauxreigner said:

Next Monday will be the culmination of the June league I am participating in. Scheme pool has already been published so plenty of time to think about lists:

Deployment: Corner (10Crows.png)
Strategy: Guard the Stash (9Crows.png)
Schemes: (12Tomes.png, 3Masks.png)
  • Leave Your Mark (Tomes.png)
  • Exhaust Their Forces (Masks.png)
  • A Quick Murder (12)
  • Neutralize The Leader (3)
  • Convict Labor (Always)

I would probably go Sonnia (or Perdita vs Arcanists). They are good at both AQM and NTL. The crew is kind of dependant on the table and opponent faction.

I would consider Badge of Office and Francisco (against NTL, especially for Sonnia, but Perdita should have one of them).

1 or 2 Austringers depending on if you want to have friends.

Hounds are very nice for Guard the Stash

Sonnia -- 6ss
 +Cherufe's Imprint - 1ss
 +Counterspell Aura - 1ss

Brutal Effigy - 4ss

Death Marshal - 6ss

Francisco Ortega - 8ss
 +Hermanos De Armas - 1ss
 +Wade In - 1ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Papa Loco - 7ss

Yes, the one with 2 markers that you need to have a model near. I find hounds being cheap minions are nice due to extra activations which allow you to go near the marker after your enemy activates most things that can kill them.

Of course YMMV

9 hours ago, fauxreigner said:

How about dougie? 

Mcmourning with on the clock and plastic surgery. 

Emissary with conflux

Sebastian with llc

Austringer

Death marshall

4 traps

Effigy

Chihuahua

The traps serve 2 purposes.   They can be placed for lym or convict labor and made Drop markers for either of the marker schemes(through Doug or the austringer).   ThEy can instead start by the markers abd make it hazardous to go there.   

Death marshalls are hilarious for neutralize the leader,  and until they know your schemes they have to respect them.   Dougie and the austringer means that they have to consider exhaust in a similar manner, and the potential for mounting poison damage means that the killing schemes are in play.   Since the strategy tends to create some bunching, the emissary with his aura and guns should be a terror, and if you bluff lym with a trap and then box and send an important piece of theirs out to that marker,  you could tie up an important piece for several turns.  This list has seven stones to keep MCM alive.  Id consider evidence tampering against arcanist for precise.   

Finally, id try to place Sebastian close to the center so his auras hit both markers.  His llc, ability to use stones and htw  should give some survivability,  and with Doug, Chihuahua and the emissary giving poison,   there should be plenty to go around. 

Thanks for these lists, very cool.

With the models I have available, I could play @Myyrä's Perdita list as is. Are you able to provide some advice on exactly how you play the papa+marshal combo, as I don't have much experience with it? Are you leaving papa in the box as long as possible, and hiding the marshal, to get as many :+fate damage flips for Perdita as possible? Or are you actively seeking targets to spring papa on?

I could also play @4thstringer's Dougie list but without the emissary, which I don't have a model for. However, I find that Doug and the chihuahua can usually spread enough poison for Sebastian's aura to become a real problem in the clumping strategies. I could sub in the pale rider, who I love for leave your mark, and can be kept alive to protect against quick murder. Do you think the 4 traps are better than a pathfinder and 1 trap? I really like the pathfinder in guard the stash, as he can hide behind a marker and summon, help score the strat, and occasionally poke his head out to take shots.

1 minute ago, fauxreigner said:

Thanks for these lists, very cool.

With the models I have available, I could play @Myyrä's Perdita list as is. Are you able to provide some advice in exactly how you play the papa+marshal combo, as I don't have much experience with it? Are you leaving papa in the box as long as possible, and hiding the marshal, to get as many :+fate damage flips for Perdita as possible? Or are you actively seeking targets to spring papa on?

When there's a strategy like guard the stash that gathers several models into one place I just tend to move the DM towards it. He can stand near one of the markers. If an enemy comes around he can put it in the box. If several enemies come around, he can let Papa out and have him blow them up. You don't want to let your opponent kill the DM too easily though, so it's best to keep in relative safety hiding behind cover and the stash marker.