Taking control of enemy model

Erik1978

Question

I played Collodi and stole the first action from a guild model, once my opponent activated it.

It was standing 1" from another guild model and 1" from one of mine.

If I want to use that first action on a Wk who gets to make disengaging strikes? The guild model because during this action the guild model is considered to be mine? Or still my own?

2 answers to this question

The model doesn't change loyalty or friendship unless the rule involved says so.  Rules Manual, page 23:

Friends and Enemy

Some rules reference friendly or enemy models. From a mechanical standpoint, friendly models are any models that are on the same Crew as the model the rule is affecting. Enemy models are any model that isn't on the same Crew.

If a rule does not specifically state that it only affects friendly or enemy models (for instance legal targets for an Attack) then it can and does affect any model.

When a model's Actions are controlled by the opponent (for instance with the Obey Action) the model does not change which models are considered friendly, its friends are still its friends.

So when you resolve the A New Thread condition

"A New Thread: When this model Activates, the opposing player immediately performs a (1) Action with this model. This counts as spending one of this model's AP for the Activation."

the Guild model is still a member of the Guild crew.  In other words, the model isn't considered "Yours" even though you're controlling the action due to the condition. 

That means that the opposing crew's models would declare disengaging strikes, not the Guild crew's models.