"Mystery Boxes" may not be as mysterious as they would seem...

For the past 3 months, I've participated in 3 different tournaments, all of which have been since the release of the "Mystery Box" kits for prize support.  In the first tournament, I placed 2nd, and was given one of these boxes.  Since it was my first time opening one, I was pretty excited and anxious to see what I got.  Lo and behold, it was Miss Step!  Even though I had already owned one, it was a pleasant experience pulling her from the draw. 

...Right up until the 1st place winner drew her too... We both shared a laugh about it, and thought "Oh well, maybe we'll get something else next time".

Fast forward to the following month, and we've just finished another tournament.  This time I came in 1st.  The second place winner drew a LE Kaeris.  So when I saw that, I thought maybe I'd get something different too.  But alas... I drew yet another Miss Step.  #lesigh

Now... Just yesterday, I played in my 3rd tournament in as many months.  This time I traveled out of state for it, thinking that maybe my local henchmen was just given a bunch of "Miss Step's Mystery Box".  Placed 1st again, and when it came time to draw boxes, the 2nd place winner drew a LE Francisco.  I was ecstatic.  I thought "YES! Something different this time!"  So I opened the box, took a small peek inside, and noticed immediately a blue bordered card.  My heart sank... I just kept thinking "Please don't be Miss Step.  Please don't be Miss Step.  Please don't be Miss Step."

Guess who I got....

My question to you all is: Have any of you experienced this too?  Are you all noticing the same abundances in Miss Step? 

Next week, I plan to go to another tournament.  This one is even further away (2 states away, precisely), and I'm hoping for a better draw.  Otherwise it looks like I'm going to be making an entire crew of Miss Step soon. :P

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

One word: LOL 

Ask Wyrd to give you a special blessing to field all Miss Steps you have already, just for the craic.

I won so far 2 Mystery Boxes: Carver and Ltd Francisco. So no Miss Step for me so far ;)

Huh, well I learned something I guess.

I think it is just poor luck.  In our area it seems the alternate Bayou Gremlin has been very popular draws, mostly by those that do not play Gremlins.  We have also seen some purple transparent Illuminated women.  But there has also been a Red transparent Bete, an Alt Francisco, a carver, and a miss step as well.

I've gotten Doppelganger (though in summer 2015 before official tournament kits), Ltd. Barbaros, and Ltd. Bayou Gremlin so far from the small boxes.  I've seen people open Francisco, Kaeris, Carver, Johana, red Bette, and Teddy from other small boxes

So far I giving out.

3 8 man kits.

Kit 1: Miss Ery and Alt Fransciso
Kit 2: Alt Performer and Alt Fransciso
Kit 3: Alt Bayou Gremlin and Alt Fransciso

There are some worst ones but I let the Henchman that did those give contents since it was posted in the Henchman forum.

It looks like the company that packs the mystery boxes packs them in groups.  Then Wryd stocks the warehouse as the product comes in.   So its on the shelf in groups rather than random.  Since some of the Henchmen order several kits at once, these orders was pulled from the shelf all at once.   Wryd needs to random the mystery boxes on the shelf each time they get a shipment in.

On 5/22/2016 at 10:02 AM, Rurouni Benshin said:

For the past 3 months, I've participated in 3 different tournaments, all of which have been since the release of the "Mystery Box" kits for prize support.  In the first tournament, I placed 2nd, and was given one of these boxes.  Since it was my first time opening one, I was pretty excited and anxious to see what I got.  Lo and behold, it was Miss Step!  Even though I had already owned one, it was a pleasant experience pulling her from the draw. 

...Right up until the 1st place winner drew her too... We both shared a laugh about it, and thought "Oh well, maybe we'll get something else next time".

Fast forward to the following month, and we've just finished another tournament.  This time I came in 1st.  The second place winner drew a LE Kaeris.  So when I saw that, I thought maybe I'd get something different too.  But alas... I drew yet another Miss Step.  #lesigh

Now... Just yesterday, I played in my 3rd tournament in as many months.  This time I traveled out of state for it, thinking that maybe my local henchmen was just given a bunch of "Miss Step's Mystery Box".  Placed 1st again, and when it came time to draw boxes, the 2nd place winner drew a LE Francisco.  I was ecstatic.  I thought "YES! Something different this time!"  So I opened the box, took a small peek inside, and noticed immediately a blue bordered card.  My heart sank... I just kept thinking "Please don't be Miss Step.  Please don't be Miss Step.  Please don't be Miss Step."

Guess who I got....

My question to you all is: Have any of you experienced this too?  Are you all noticing the same abundances in Miss Step? 

Next week, I plan to go to another tournament.  This one is even further away (2 states away, precisely), and I'm hoping for a better draw.  Otherwise it looks like I'm going to be making an entire crew of Miss Step soon. :P

If you feel like gambling I would happily trade you one of my prize support small mystery boxes for one of your Miss Steps.

My local group has been pretty fortunate to not get repeat models.  I came in third at a league and got a regular performer.  I mostly run Outcast and Guild so she sat in my case for a bit.  Got tired of seeing poor girl sit there so she got a Colette crew to keep her company.  I was lucky enough to get first at another league and got a sweet lime green Pandora crew as my prize.  So far I've seen a red Bete Noir, Mis Step, Whisky Goelm, and Johana as well as my two prizes.

• Like 1