June promotion - alternate Bayou Gator

1 hour ago, Draco Aleksander said:

Out of curiosity, is the $60 threshold for these promotions based on the total MSRP of the items purchased, or the total price of a purchase after any taxes and coupons are applied?

I don't know about tax (though I would be inclined to step on the side of "base cost must be >$60"), but I've previously asked about the gift certificates my own FLGS uses, and was told that as long as the base cost of the Wyrd products was above the threshold before certificates were applied, I would be good to go.

10 hours ago, Addico said:

How can i find a flagship store in my area?

I think FLGS is "Friendly Local Game Store" so what ever "brick and mortar" (Physical store, not internet store) you currently purchase your Malifaux product at will work (assuming they provide a receipt for the sale).

However this

On 5/22/2016 at 3:54 PM, -Loki- said:

No I saw the art. Just wondering if we've seen the miniature before,

and this

On 5/22/2016 at 7:23 PM, Nosilloc said:

So excited for that pose. Unless it's like the hand stand one gremlin. I'm still waiting to see you in person some time so you can show me how to assemble it.

make me a bit sad about the "Alt Bayou Gator". From the concept art it really does look like we already have the Alt Bayou Gator included in the Retail edition of the Bayou Gator box.

On May 31, 2016 at 5:23 AM, Furio said:

I've personally always counted it as actual amount spent. (this way if you get a discount of any form the LGS gets a couple more coins in their pocket - which i always assumed is the point of these promotions.

Oh, we should all absolutely support our FLGS as much as possible, but I'm a bit nebbish and like to know these things. Word from on high (I asked through a Henchman and then followed up the chain) is that the $60 price point is MSRP of Wyrd stuff on a purchase for anyone else looking for specifics.

30 minutes ago, Omenbringer said:

I think FLGS is "Friendly Local Game Store" so what ever "brick and mortar" (Physical store, not internet store) you currently purchase your Malifaux product at will work (assuming they provide a receipt for the sale).

I'll second this explanation. Friendly Local Game Stores are how these games really survive, and where we can all get together and play, so do your best to shop through them instead of the Internet whenever possible!

40 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

It wouldn't be an alt if it was already released in the gator pack.

Nathan is there some other art of it? The picture that was posted really makes it look more like just a mounting choice difference.

Dont get me wrong I am queuing up for it either way (just got to get my last receipt scanned) but I guess the assumption was that it would be distinctly different in the way the Alt Bayou Gremlin was from the normal Bayou Gremlins.

Hey guys,

I guess there are a few grey areas that I'd like to be absolutely sure about!

1. I have a digital receipt via Square, is that going to be ok?
2. I have a single purchase totaling over 60$ including tax. Does that count? The MSRP is 58$.
3. If the above doesn't count, would I be able to purchase more Malifaux products (totaling MSRP over 60$) and send receipts for both purchases? It isn't mentioned explicitly on the Wyrd website that it has to be a SINGLE purchase and it wouldn't make much sense anyway....

Thanks!

On 6/13/2016 at 4:05 PM, Tawg said:

I guess that's as good a reason as any to pick up a random Gremlin faction box..

Although I have no idea what Gremlin I would ever get.

I guess Zoraida likes swamp monsters, so maybe she likes Gators?  And I do like those Surlid things.

By the way, yes Zoraida loves gators. Especially if you bring McTavish with her! Plus she has a really flexible play-style, she's dual faction and has a very large hiring pool, which gives you a lots of options especially if you don't own many Gremlins. Go with Mama Z, she won't let you down ;)

12 minutes ago, edopersichetti said:

Hey guys,

I guess there are a few grey areas that I'd like to be absolutely sure about!

1. I have a digital receipt via Square, is that going to be ok?
2. I have a single purchase totaling over 60$ including tax. Does that count? The MSRP is 58$.
3. If the above doesn't count, would I be able to purchase more Malifaux products (totaling MSRP over 60$) and send receipts for both purchases? It isn't mentioned explicitly on the Wyrd website that it has to be a SINGLE purchase and it wouldn't make much sense anyway....

Thanks!

I have made a composite photo with the screenshots of Square receipts for multiple purchases plus photos of the boxes plus paper receipts of the individual prices (so it could be shown they all added up) and gotten the promo figure. As someone who worked in a game store though I'd have advised you to get just one more item to bump the pre-tax total over $60.

2 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

I have made a composite photo with the screenshots of Square receipts for multiple purchases plus photos of the boxes plus paper receipts of the individual prices (so it could be shown they all added up) and gotten the promo figure. As someone who worked in a game store though I'd have advised you to get just one more item to bump the pre-tax total over $60.

Ok that's good to know, thanks. I'll screenshot the Square receipts and make a composite photo as well! I actually haven't gotten the boxes yet since some of the stuff I bought is in pre-order.

Yeah, I should have just bumped it up to 60 pre-tax (it actually added to 58 so I was missing only like 2$) but I was hoping to spread out my purchases over the month for various reasons (for example, we are playing a league and we get bonus points for buying stuff at each league night). I'll cross my fingers and see what happens.

26 minutes ago, edopersichetti said:

Ok that's good to know, thanks. I'll screenshot the Square receipts and make a composite photo as well! I actually haven't gotten the boxes yet since some of the stuff I bought is in pre-order.

Yeah, I should have just bumped it up to 60 pre-tax (it actually added to 58 so I was missing only like 2$) but I was hoping to spread out my purchases over the month for various reasons (for example, we are playing a league and we get bonus points for buying stuff at each league night). I'll cross my fingers and see what happens.

I sold stuff on pre-order and the buyers also got their promo figures, but that shop had fully itemized receipts with the names and SKUs of all the purchases (and the shop's physical address--if you're doing a composite anyway, grab a business card too) so there wasn't as much need for supporting evidence.

3 hours ago, Guildenstern said:

Well, I didn't get an itemized receipt :( it doesn't even say what it's for. I don't like this Square thing frankly. Nor did I get a paper receipt dangit.

Made a picture of my purchases and the emailed receipt (at least it has the store name/addy on it) and sent that in.

A lot of the game stores I go to, when they ring up, even if it's a paper receipt I get, they will sometimes simply say like "Games  $$$".  So their register system just rings things in, and has them assigned a category they fit in the stock, I guess.

I've always just taken a picture of the items themselves (Which I just purchased) and the receipt, and I've never had any issues.

• Like 1