Unboxing Malifaux - 'Large Arachnids'

GMort

It seems like it was a tough call, and a limitation of the technical side of modeling.  To have the saws be closer to the renders would require multiple pieces, and they may not have had that luxury.  The good news is that it looks like a thin file can remove the material from the middle, so it is more like a pair of saw blades, like the renders.  It will need to be a thin file, but should be doable.  I'll know in a couple days when mine arrive at the LGS.

• Like 1

So, yes, using a very thing needle file to make a groove down the center of the saws is possible.  But a very thin needle file is needed, perhaps 1 to 1.5 mm, no thicker.  And you need to be very patient and have a steady hand.  I filed out grooves in about 20 minutes, and maybe could have taken another 10 minutes to file them deeper, but these are already far better looking than without the grooves.

Now I just need to find a way to post 3MB pics.

In the meanwhile, here are some links to a couple quick snapshots.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/Islander_23/Fig_Pics/Malifaux/Spiders1_zpserm3uwh3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/Islander_23/Fig_Pics/Malifaux/Spiders2_zps6z2obsvt.jpg

• Like 1

That looks a lot better. And while I agree that it should be deeper from an engineering perspective it's only apparent when you look closely.

To embed an image, take the "Direct" link in Photobucket, then use the "Insert other media" -> "Inser image from URL" button. Like this:

Spiders2_zps6z2obsvt.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...