May 16th - Titania

Lucidicide

The Monday Reveal  

657 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, trikk said:

She`s lovely! Any hints on the lore/release date?

We know from the Nythera TtB stuff that she's the ancient Queen of the Neverborn who conspired with the Grave Spirit to defeat the Tyrants, and that she was sealed away for her association with the Grave Spirit. She can make people her undead knights, and brings forth new growth around her.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

New masters... *sigh* not enthused about that. She looks cool though.

Agreed. I was just getting used to the current crop. I wonder if any of the old Masters (no, I don't mean 16th Century Flemish painters), will be phased out over time?

41 minutes ago, RodneyAnon said:

Agreed. I was just getting used to the current crop. I wonder if any of the old Masters (no, I don't mean 16th Century Flemish painters), will be phased out over time?

I think you could cut four masters and have every faction lose one. Tara disappears into time. Lucius missteps and someone betrays him. But who would the others be? Brewmaster and a pure Arcanist? Mei Feng and a pure Gremlin?

As for the preview, her art creeps me out (creepyness category I: Neverborn creepyness) and I'm glad she's not in one of my factions. I am very curious about the slender weapon of the middle of the silhouettes.

46 minutes ago, LordZombie said:

I think that is more toward bringing the dead back to life rather than being undead. 

Seems like that, given why she was imprisoned, she may either be the reason the Neverborn are so anti-necromancy, or, they have such old, hardcore rules against it, they imprisoned their own queen for conspiring with the Grave Spirit.

Titania is a powerful Fae that was awakened as a consequence of the Nythera worldwide event

So, will we know other consequences of the event which were gathered via FMasters' feedback? :+fate
I remember a new General-Governor, but what's about Philip? :huh:

I don't get why some are so down on new Masters, a crewbox often have four unique models, sure there are some outliers like Perdita where every model is unique, but the Master-Totem-Henchman-Minions format i dominant. The last book had five models for most factions (nine for Guild/Neverborn) with one being a complex centre piece model, kind of like a Master. If Wyrd is going to continue to put out models for Malifaux some might as well be Masters.

---

Anyway, I think the render looks nice. Mostly interested in what Arcanists and Resurrectionists gets though.

• Like 2

Meh, if bloat becomes a problem, new Masters can just have more targeted synergies and if the options are too unpredictable in competitive formats, they can just limit how many masters you have available at a time.  8's a pretty small selection for people who stick to one faction and its not like most of them are Lucius grade options.  Most factions have 5 or more totally viable options these days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 96p said:

If you ask me... there can never be too much Masters as long as they are as well balanced as they have been. And as there was a Beta, I'm sure they will be.

:+fate, and how many masters has each faction received in the last few years with the edition transition, one each?  This seems like a perfectly reasonable level of growth to me :) 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, retnab said:

:+fate, and how many masters has each faction received in the last few years with the edition transition, one each?  This seems like a perfectly reasonable level of growth to me :) 

Some didn't get anyone "new," they just got someone dual-factioned in, like Guild McMourning. They haven't seen anyone new since Storm of Shadows, which is quite awhile ago at this point!

• Like 4