May 16th - Titania

Lucidicide

The Monday Reveal  

657 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Vorschlag said:

Slightly disappointed that the new resser master is not likely to be Professor Albus Von Shtook.

Most intrigued by the mounted figure.

Anyone else kind of hoping the Fae and the Nephilim have bad blood between them, maybe enough to start some serious infighting within faction.

If I recall correctly, Neverborn aren't too fond of necromancy and undead. So there might be some cool intrigues there!

2 hours ago, The Warlock said:

Time based dude?

A time based Master, just after they released TimeBasedOldMan.Dude?  I guess, although my normal concept of "time" in games is "take another turn" and that doesn't work as well with Malifaux's back and fourth :P I guess, all things considered, isn't Tara kind of a "time themed" Master?  I mean, she Reactivates herself and gives out Fast and Slow like hoo-ha!

2 hours ago, Durza said:

I wonder if the Gremlin could be the master for another faction, and gremlins get a human master? That could be funny.

Wyrd!  Hire this man!

No, seriously, that would be a really great twist.  I think we all wish the Ophelia crew were able to hire themselves into Guild and turn in official bounties, amirite?

1 hour ago, Bengt said:

It's a special soulstone called "The Gorgon's Tear". It resurrected Molly with her mind and Seamus without making him undead, possibly because Molly had been dead a few days while Seamus had had his head ventilated a few minutes before. It's connected with a Tyrant called the Gorgon so this could be a Master more closely aligned with the Tyrant.

In Greek mythology Medusa was a specific Gorgon.

Thanks teacher :wacko:  Com'on, I mean, I prefaced my non-sense with "like" But I do know the difference between Gorgons and Medusa (Proper noun), I just didn't realize the name in the story, since I really don't think I've ever read it myself.  Only been told (Probably many times at this point) about it on the forums :P

1 hour ago, solkan said:

I just want to know why only 51 people so far have correctly voted for Gremlins.  :mellow:

I ain't gonna argue with 10T winning.  I'm shocked they are currently (hardly at this point, 92 to 93), especially considering their popularity during Nythera campaign.  And more ironically, the model currently seated to take the lead is the only Faction that was less represented during Nythera than 10T :P

1 hour ago, Vorschlag said:

Anyone else kind of hoping the Fae and the Nephilim have bad blood between them, maybe enough to start some serious infighting within faction.

I don't know what you're meaning exactly.  I mean, Lucius is part of the Guild, but he basically is about killing Guildies, same with McMourning.  And between 10T there are plenty of "conflicting interest" between the Masters, like McCabe is just being forced to pay off debts to the Oyabun and Misaki and Mei Feng are on the edge of his tolerance (Which sounds like getting kicked out of the 10T for the most part, or executed :P).

But what would you want out of this?  I mean, just story, or are you suggesting in game repercussions?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tawg said:

I don't know what you're meaning exactly.  I mean, Lucius is part of the Guild, but he basically is about killing Guildies, same with McMourning.  And between 10T there are plenty of "conflicting interest" between the Masters, like McCabe is just being forced to pay off debts to the Oyabun and Misaki and Mei Feng are on the edge of his tolerance (Which sounds like getting kicked out of the 10T for the most part, or executed :P).

I don`t really think McMourning is as anti-Guild as Lucius. I think McMourning is more of a solo-mad-scientist-guy that is obssessed with Frankenstein-stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, trikk said:

I don`t really think McMourning is as anti-Guild as Lucius. I think McMourning is more of a solo-mad-scientist-guy that is obssessed with Frankenstein-stuff.

Yeah, for sure.  I just think he's more than willing to murder innocent ("innocent") Guild members for.. reallocation of resources :P especially since he's basically got an "in" and is a trusted source, so that he isn't #1 on the chopping block when they hunt down "zombie making foos".

6 hours ago, Tawg said:

Uhhhhhh yah!  Just imagine, like the classic bad-guys from all sorts of shows (And history of course) who have the magic Ink Well & Brush, where they draw any art and it comes to life or something?

You're probably talking about something different, but that's what you made me think of, and I think it sounds sweet :P  I'd love to see a master like that.  Perhaps a sculptor would be too close to Collodi though, with him being a puppet maker of sorts?

Sort of yeah, I meant he would chisel stone and make those creations live, but the painter sounds great as well :)

First off, could all of those people who voted Gremlins please kindly go back and vote for Thunders... I personally guarantee1 you won't be disappointed2!

As for Titania, at first I wasn't thrilled about her, but she has definitely grown on me and now is a must have... my poor wallet!

For the unseen renders, I think that they are all actually Neverborn and they've decided to redo the entire faction since Pandora is seriously no fun for anyone...  Just saying!

Also, seriously people, lets be smart and get them tied, then Wyrd will show us both!! (hopefully...!)

(1) having not seen the art, I have no way of backing this up...
(2) my strong personal desire to see said artwork has absolutely no bearing on this statement whatsoever...

11 hours ago, D_Arquebus said:

Thoughts :)

2nd image - I will echo what someone said above re the matador like pose with the cape flying out behind. Hoping this is arcanist and not another Samael style cowboy for guild.

3rd - Crazy hair lady looks like she is also wearing a Straight Jacket (the hooks are the ends of the sleeves). Lean towards Outcasts mostly because the Horse rider feels more Resser.

4th image: looks like an investigative reporter with camera in her right hand, a left quill in hand and a satchel on the hip. So Guild to go with the spoiled Reporter types from few weeks back?

5th image- Sadly not enthused by the Gremlin (main faction) :( . The 50s style Retro Raygun Jetpack hero type with technical gadgets feels already covered for by Merris and Sparks. Hoping the background is cracking and not just a rehash of the others.

6th The image below and in front of the Gremlin looks like he is wearing a Sidhir style turban and maybe carrying a "genies lamp" in the left hand? 10 Thunders dervish style vs Kung Fu?

7th Looks like a noble lady riding side saddle as mentioned above. Ratty dress and the reins gives it the resser vibe. Would be cool to see something like Red Riding Hood and maybe some Werewolf style undead to go with, though that may be trespassing into Neverborn territory too much?

I am inclined to agree with you, I think you have the right combination. We've seen hints already about torero-style arcanists (so 2nd model) reporters for Guild (so 4th figure), we've seen a pic of the flying Gremlin (as I said above, being a Gremlin player I'm quite disappointed), and I also feel that the lady on the horse has quite the ressers vibe. This leaves the crouching figure which is almost certainly TT, and outcasts for crazy hair! Can't wait to know more. At least Titania looks amazing and has the potential to become my new favorite master (from a visual point of view).

10 hours ago, Bengt said:

Have you done any actual statistical analysis of the numbers to back up the rather bold claim that average stat values being significantly lower in book 1? Or are this just more anecdotal "evidence"?

As for powercreep, yeah there are some stinkers in book 1, but there are also staple models like Rotten Belles. So while I agree wholeheartedly that there are imbalances, I'm not at all convinced that they are on an upward curve. Hell, the Masters that are most often accused of being underpowered are in book 2 (Lucius, Yan Lo, Ironsides), so if anything I would worry (if I wanted something to worry about) that these new Masters will be too weak to compete with the current batch.

A discussion better suited toward another thread but...

Yes, take a look at the M2e book versus Shifting Loyalties.

M2e book - Number of models with 6 or higher Df: 18 (13 that are Masters or Henchmen, 8 models with 7+ (2 Masters, 1 Henchman, and 2 extreme outliers from Tara's crew with 8+ though these are dependent upon the control hand)

M2e book - Number of models with 4 or less Df: 49 (2 models at Df 1, models at Df 3- (12), Masters at 4 (5), Masters at 3 (1), not including the Nothing Beast (possibly 3) or Void Wretchs (possibly 2) with their variable Df values)

Shifting Loyalties - Number of models with 6 or higher Df: 20 (1 Enforcer with a 7)

Shifting Loyalties - Number of models with 4 Df: 2 (1 Minion, 1 Enforcer *from the 2 player Starter Box), Shifting Loyalties does not include a model with less than 4 Df

M2e book - Number of models with Actions with values below 5: 46 (1 on a Master, 1 on a Henchman)

Shifting Loyalties - Number of models with Actions with values below 5: 3 (all Minions)

M2e number of models: 142

Shifting Loyalties number of models: 41

M2e book Percentage of models with 6+ Df: 12%

M2e book Percentage of models with 4- Df: 34%

Shifting Loyalties Percentage of models with 6+ Df: 48%

Shifting Loyalties Percentage of models with 4- Df: 4%

M2e Percentage of models with Actions with values below 5: 32%

Shifting Loyalties Percentage of models with Actions with values below 5: 7%

Pretty clear there is a shift in model stat values from the first book to the most recent.

Now there are quite a few Action values in the 6-7 range in the M2e book, however they typically sit on Masters or very specialized models (i.e. the Rotten Belle who is built around Luring). Shifting Loyalties contains an awful lot of models with Action Values in the 6 range. The key indicator of power creep here is how the M2e models function against the Shifting Loyalties ones. With the change in average Df, the M2e models (even those with 6+ Action values) are less effective against the Shifting Loyalties ones while the Shifting Loyalties ones are more effective against M2e ones. There is a similar discrepancy with the Wp stats. At the risk of providing some anecdotal evidence to the mix I have also noticed a tendency toward non-projectile ( :ranged ) Actions that get around things like Defensive Stance, Cover, and randomization from shooting into Engagements.

Will be interesting to see how the new Masters are going to look, I wouldn't be so sure they are going to be under powered. Just the front of Titania's card looks pretty good and most importantly not tied heavily to a specific Schtick.

As for the Masters that are considered under powered (and there are just as many from the M2e Book as Crossroads), well I would say that just further show cases the imbalances that are becoming more prevalent with each new wave of releases. Additionally a lot of these Masters are considered under powered because they are so tightly focused to specific builds where as the more competitive options are not. The tournament results are further demonstrating this but of course those might be considered "Anecdotal" evidence.

We'll have to see if the trend continues in the new book.

• Like 4

This is a thread about the images and new Master reveal. If you want to talk about balance and your perception of it, there are other places to do it (and, in fact, there are currently active threads doing so). So, anyone who wants to talk about "power creep" or Malifaux's balance, please find yourself another thread!

• Like 9

19 hours ago, -Loki- said:

I just had a thought. Everyone thought those creepy little humanoids emerging from the Little Shop of Horros plants on the base of the Mysterious Emmisary were Changelings (since it spawns them). Maybe they're a new Fae unit?

Please say yes wyrd! Please say yes!  Ever since I saw those creepy little fae with the mysterious  effigy I've been  haunted  by ideas of fielding an army of the little ones. Not a fan of the changing look, but the fae...:huh:

• Like 1

I'm surprised that only one other person has pointed out that Titania is the red joker of the 1st edition fate deck! I still use my original fate deck and am always happy to see the red joker when she flips (and I've even thought that artwork would rock as a tattoo), so of course I have to get this master.

And I don't even play Neverborn! Well, I suppose that sentence should've end with "yet"!

1 hour ago, Astraeos said:

I'm surprised that only one other person has pointed out that Titania is the red joker of the 1st edition fate deck!

There was a lot of talk about it a few weeks ago when we saw the poster with her and the Gremlin master. I guess people just assumed others knew already.

• Like 1

Titania is really cool, and makes me want to start Neverborn. I think I"ll have to wait until I've seen what the rest of the crew looks like though before I start moving in any new directions. I should also probably wait until the others are spoiled in case I like the others more!

But yeah, Reporters are #1 on my list, so I voted for Guild.

• Like 1

So that Looks like Turban and Bear on our Thunders Master... which sucks... while I am ok with more Sinkh and it makes sense we saw the pic of the minion already I guess...

I was hoping for an Oni Master in best case female summoner, our faction Needs some more Ladys, and some oni Support, and we lack  a real summoner master. However the theme seems to be Sinkh... fingernails etc ... while Oni go in the Japanese direction. Meh.... Change it now Wyrd!

Also People vote thunders please ^^ granted Resser is maybe interesting because also unclear.. However gun guy, flying gremlin and the Reporter are already clear so stop voting for factions we already know whats coming help us People which have to struggle with your votes...

Thunder summoning isn't particularly weak. Sure, you're behind Ressers, and Dreamer and gremlins but probably tied with Arcanist and Outcast and guild. (depending on how you rate the ability to summon strong models or swarms. You also have one of the few non-master summoners in toshiro)

And I think people are voting for the rules. After all, not everyone knows who Gun guy is going to be.