Jump to content
pjs

'Tooth And Nail' 29th May

Recommended Posts

Hi Everybody!

I'll be running a tournament at Impact Wargaming on the 29th of May 2016.

As it's my first tournament as a Henchman and Impact Wargamings first Malifaux tournament,  priority for places will be given to people that have gone through a demo game with me. This is not intended to purposefully exclude players but to alow our new players to get a feel for competitive play while playing against people of a similar skill and experience level. 

It'll be the first in a series of events at this location, more details to follow. 

           Impact Wargaming

           63 Laughton Road,

           Dinnington

           Sheffield

           S25 2PN

Contact: 01909 560273, or message me on here.

50ss games, Schemes and Strategies will be drawn on the day.

Entry fee will be £3 per player, prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

Limited to 10 players. 

Winners decided by total VP over games played.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/958765294173100/

Parking on the main road outside the venue on a Sunday is available and there is plenty of car parks near by. Also located a minutes walk from Dinnington bus station.

 

Can't wait to see you all there!

Phil.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few of my local players are interested in attending. Is there any scope to go above 10 players? Potentially my local players alone would be half the field but an event that small could put some off.

Also can I just clarify about the VP thing? Is it actually who scores most VP in a day who wins? Or most TP? Just thinking that someone could hypothetically lose all 3 games 10-9 and still win the event.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck with your first event. let me know if I can help with score sheets and the like.

I would definitely consider using the normal TP/diff/VP order for deciding the winner, and not VP.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gitli said:

A few of my local players are interested in attending. Is there any scope to go above 10 players? Potentially my local players alone would be half the field but an event that small could put some off.

Also can I just clarify about the VP thing? Is it actually who scores most VP in a day who wins? Or most TP? Just thinking that someone could hypothetically lose all 3 games 10-9 and still win the event.

Unfortunately we only have room to setup 5 tables in the shop, but this first event is mostly to help build up Soul stones for the next events prizes.  Hence why the entire fee is so cheap as we do not need to hire a venue, just have to cover the cost of out Henchmen shipping for they Wyrd goodies.  Though if we get loads of interest for the next event we have a local venue with loads of space just down the road we can hire.

As for the VP thing, yes we are sick little puppy's and thought it would be really funny to set it up so it is entirely possible to lose all 3 games and still win.  This is probably more  a reflection on our gaming groups warped sense of humour.  Though a more traditional approach to determining the winner would be in place for future events.

Anyway feel free to contact Pjs or myself directly for further information.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impact UK said:

Unfortunately we only have room to setup 5 tables in the shop, but this first event is mostly to help build up Soul stones for the next events prizes.  Hence why the entire fee is so cheap as we do not need to hire a venue, just have to cover the cost of out Henchmen shipping for they Wyrd goodies.  Though if we get loads of interest for the next event we have a local venue with loads of space just down the road we can hire.

As for the VP thing, yes we are sick little puppy's and thought it would be really funny to set it up so it is entirely possible to lose all 3 games and still win.  This is probably more  a reflection on our gaming groups warped sense of humour.  Though a more traditional approach to determining the winner would be in place for future events.

Anyway feel free to contact Pjs or myself directly for further information.

Thanks for getting back to me. I think my group could be interested in future events but I can't see them wanting to travel down from London with such a small field and in particular the VP instead if TP scoring, unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gitli said:

Thanks for getting back to me. I think my group could be interested in future events but I can't see them wanting to travel down from London with such a small field and in particular the VP instead if TP scoring, unfortunately. 

Yea that is a bit of a treck and not worth the travel for this one.

What side of London are you as my wife has family in that neck of the woods and maybe worth dropping in on your club next time we are in the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Impact UK said:

Yea that is a bit of a treck and not worth the travel for this one.

What side of London are you as my wife has family in that neck of the woods and maybe worth dropping in on your club next time we are in the area.

My group is based in south London Croydon/Bromley. We play Weds nights in Croydon or can fix a game any night or at the weekend in Bromley.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gitli said:

My group is based in south London Croydon/Bromley. We play Weds nights in Croydon or can fix a game any night or at the weekend in Bromley.

Well I will give you a shout next time I am heading over and see if we can get a game in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I've never run a tournament before and it's our first run through of a tournament as a club it'll be total VP just to keep things clear and straight forward. 

This tournament is more intended to get our new player base up to speed with competitive play and let them play several games in a day, which is not usually an option for a lot of them due to work and family commitments. 

Moving on from here,  however,  we will be fully using the official Gaining Grounds rule set for all future events. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I believe so, at The Outpost. However they are located in the city centre where as we are in a little village miles away from the city. It's simply tagged as Sheffield as that's our closest city. 

This tournament was posted on our FB group before I even became a Henchman, that it fell on the same day was not intentionally done, just a coincidence. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2016 at 10:05 AM, MariFaux said:

There is another tournament in Sheffield on the exact same day, right?

Well the shop address says Sheffield even though we are rather near Rotherham and Worksop also.  But we are well out of the way from the cool guys and girls over at Outpost.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/05/2016 at 5:45 AM, Joel said:

Room for one more?

Sorry we are full for this small event, I am however looking into a bigger venue for the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...