MrLlaine Weird World

MrLlaine

So, I got interested in Malifaux during the first edition, my girlfriend really likes this sort of atmosphere and she brought me in, then m2e came and lots of plastic resculpt with it, I bought into ten thunders (misaki), guild (perdita, lady J and sonnia) and added something to both factions, recently I got hooked by neverborn, I always end up playing the humans in pretty much every game, usually the "good" ones so I said to myself that I could paint and play the bad guys for once, so I bought the dreamer crew box, teddy and got the widow weaver from my best friend as a gift.  I thought alot about how to paint the crew, and end up with an idea I liked.
Here are the first 2 minis I finished, I still have to base them and the daydream has to be touched up because I was reckless with transport and got chipped on the front of the horns.

the Idea is that they don't belong to this plane of reality, they come from the void, they adopt forms that the human mind can understand to interact and deceive, but is only a mask they wear and not what they'r made of, so I painted like space everything you can't see looking directly at the minis from the front, and the eyes to give away their unearthliness.

26208385564_73953b57d9_z.jpg

26746431081_a863d4f2b1_z.jpg

26208402464_a709d0ef32_z.jpg

26208394014_686d60350d_z.jpg

26813361775_5256cd06c2_z.jpg

I hope you like them, any C&C are welcome, as well as ideas for the bases.

• Like 7

That is really freaking cool.

Reminds me of the Enchantment Creatures from MtG they did a while back, they looked all "cosmic-y" too, I love the style.

I was going to ask why they looked normal-ish from one side, but the explanation is perfect.  I love the idea.  :wub:

• Like 1

On 4/5/2016 at 7:56 PM, Tawg said:

That is really freaking cool.

Reminds me of the Enchantment Creatures from MtG they did a while back, they looked all "cosmic-y" too, I love the style.

I was going to ask why they looked normal-ish from one side, but the explanation is perfect.  I love the idea.  :wub:

thank you very much, I know what ou are talking about but I didn't think about it until you pointed it out ^^.

now, since I can't focus on only one faction in any game I play, AND Malifaux is relatively cheap (if confronted with games like WM/H or the warhammer brans) I obviously buy things from every faction and even paint some of them ;).

here's the alternate sculpt of nicodem from the first edition metal range

26814421162_8e2780a7a8_z.jpg

26814411512_9560c4f8dc_z.jpg

26635274120_efae660761_z.jpg

sorry for the crappy pictures but that's all I can do with my phone 

• Like 1

and here's my conversion of francisco, I love the character and the rules, but I thing the model is bad, he himself is a good sculpt but the weapons are something I wouldn't have the guts to sell, the blade seems to come straight out of a bad cartoon, it's nothing more than a piece of metal with a (too) short handle and a bad edge, and the gun... my god, no trigger, no firing mechanism, no drum, no nothing and it's even undersized, he basically holds a piece of tubing with a bayonet. I beleive he's supposed to point it at the enemies and hope they die on they're own, maybe for the sheer fear it causes...:angry:

anyway, sorry for the rant and the bad syntax, it was only to explain why I ended up doing this

26302664084_3e9991bf85_z.jpg

26874763966_fce3bf2d88_z.jpg

26840551171_0d97cb0951_z.jpg

now I liek him, there's just some cleanup needed, mainly a little of green stuff here and there.

C&C are welcome as always :)

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tawg said:

Is he a Dark Elf now?  That blade looks pretty wicked.

So it seems ;) that's a whF dark elves corsair blade and the handle of the gun comes from the same kit, I cut of the front part of the crossbow and added the barrels from and empire handgun. I wanted to convey the single-shot duelling pistol feel