So, as a goof I assembled a fun little crew.  And it's actually been working!  Sure, I haven't thrown it against the might of, say, the new Ratbomb crew, or a Lillith grow list, but there's always gonna be a crew that shuts down a crew, right?   I ran it against a Collette crew in the hands of the best player our little Malifaux clique has to offer, and tho I didn't win, I really locked up my opponent 'till turn 4, and made him sputter with exacerbation for awhile.

The list seems too simple and unusable, but that's the first step of my evil plan, to fill my opponent with hubris as soon as I reveal my crew.

I would NEVER use this crew for Reckoning!  And probably not if Make Them Suffer is in the pool either.....

The crew works best with Breakthrough, Protect Territory, and Line in the Sand.  Or whatever the new equivalents are.  Chances are one of the first two will be in the scheme pool.  If Distract is in the pool, it is a no brain-er to take, allowing the Crooly's more movement on early turns.

The crew starts with Molly with Forgotten Life and Maniacal Laugh, Bete Noir, Killjoy, and, here's the fun part, SIX crooligans.  I wish I could put Decaying Aura on Killjoy, but that would bring the SS cache down to 4, and he dies too fast to sacrifice even more stones on him.  And Molly is gonna need all 6.

I deploy the crooly's in safe places throughout the board.  Depending on the strategy.  For example, if it's Turf War or Extraction, most will be within 10 inches of the center.  Reconnoiter is a little easier early game, but a bit more of a fight later game, 'cause them Crooly's is gonna die.  (Etc... We all know them all.)  Of course, the angry soccer mom, Bete, and the penguin Molly hired, Killjoy, begin the game buried.

Turn one, the crooly's sit around playing jacks, while Molly works to get to a good location.  (I never realized what a crutch Sybelle and the Doxies were to me for movement until I had to live without them.)  Some of the crooligans might need to cast The Mist if the opponent has a ranged crew, or there's a Sniper on one of the buildings.  And one will definitely stay near Molly if that's the case as well.  I hold onto high cards, 'cause I'm gonna need all the 10's I get! 

Turn two, if I got Protect, then I make the Crooly's pogo them schemes and get in the opponent's face!  Hopefully, there's a clump of enemies.  But that's just the ideal.  A crooligan around enough enemies, or near an important enemy, dies, and Bete appears to shank someone.  I've learned not to be hasty with Killjoy.  Molly makes some more Crooly's!  Damn those models that destroy your hand!  But that's just par usual. 

As soon as the opportunity looks right on a Crooly death, or if Bete officially dies, here comes the party penguin, Killjoy!  He now cleaves faces.  If I have breakthrough, Molly makes some Drowned.  Otherwise she make some Punks.  When the corpses pile up, it's time for a Mwahaha.  Is there anything worse than a wall of Mindless Zombies?  This is done with vigor if I'm facing a Rezer.   If it's McMourning, I might just summon Autopsies instead of Punks, which is actually nicer to my hand.

And piss off my opponent until I win with a bunch of undead children...... " one two..."

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Munindk said:

My biggest concern running this list would be how to get Molly close enough to summon without getting her killed. With no other big targets in the list, it seems fairly easy for an enemy to focus on killing Molly.

I worried the same first time out, but position, position, position.  With a bunch of juvenile ne'er-do-wells as the body of the crew, you can focus more on using the terrain to Molly's advantage.  There's nothing wrong with using an AP to get her behind a wall.  And once all them little bastards are engaged with the enemy, they're gonna have to waste some AP before they can go after our tragic princess, herself...

Don't forget to use blistering fog once in a while on the crooligans that get stuck in. The extra damage on pulses will mean that Molly does 2-4 dmg on nearby enemy models when summoning your hordes of other creepy children. With the pure bulk of crooligans you got, you might as well just try it without cheating, to further conserve that precious hand. :lol:

How about a Molly Slumber Party:

Molly
Forgotten Life

Sybelle
Not too banged up

8 Rotten Belles

Its a Belle bomb where you pull your opponents models into a horrible death by Pounce, anything that survives and hurts a Belle get splashed with Black Blood or Molly summons off it.

• Like 1

This one is fun and works very well in the right time and place:-

Molly's Murder Box

Resurrectionists

50ss Crew

Molly Squidpiddge -- 7ss
 +Forgotten Life - 1ss

+Take Back The Night - 1ss

Necrotic Machine - 2ss

Carrion Emissary - 10ss
 +Carrion Conflux - 0ss

Crooked Man - 5ss

Dead Rider - 12ss

Rotten Belle - 5ss

Rotten Belle - 5ss

Rotten Belle - 5ss

cleardot.gif---

The Carrion Emissary gives + to the Belles (inc Pounce attacks & Lure) and Crooked Man. The Crooked Man drops a scheme marker in the middle of the Belles and moves out of BB range, putting up Shafted. Molly hands out Reactivate as needed to Belles or, if the Belles have Lured someone in, a Summoned model. Or she can Reactivate the Crooked Man, since Shafted stacks with itself.

Necrotic Machine gives BB to your beater (whether that's the Dead Rider, as above, or someone else. Bishop is a good bet - his push trigger makes Shafted and Pounces sooooo evil, which is why the Dead Rider is in there, too) and to the Emissary, although the Emissary should be far enough away from the Belles not to get splashed.

4 hours ago, Munindk said:

How about a Molly Slumber Party:

"Oh, it's gonna be so much fun!  We'll get giggly on white wine (ughh, arghh...), do each others' hair (ughh, finger fall off in braid, argh...), talk about boys (Shmus, Shamis, ugh, argh!...), and maybe even a pillow fight!  Francisco will purposely fail a Wp duel just to see what we're up to...."

:D

• Like 2