Theorycrafting changes in current models

trikk

Samuel Hopkins: Swap his SS cost with Francisco and give him a (0) push or increase his walk.

Lucius: total rework

Guild Sergeant: increase Df to 5 or 6.  Cg to 6. Add something to offense (maybe a ram or different trigger)

Non-guild:

Obedient wretch and rats only in Hamelin crews

Belle price to 6SS and Ca dropped to 6

Pigapult dropped to Sh5 and without reckless

2 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

Lady Justice - Nimble or 4" push as (0) action.

Lucius - Governor's authority to Wp duels instead of Horror duels, buff Ca to 7 or 8.

Riflemen - Buff Df and Wp by 1.

Lady Justice with nimble or a push would be probably pretty awesome.

Lucius has Ca7, I would lower the TN by 2, so Commanding Presence works on a 5. My issue with Lucius is that this would not make him special in any way. Hoff is the Obey master in Guild, McCabe is the buffer/support. Lucius should probably the Guild summoner ;)

Riflemen- wouldn`t that make them like really good? ;)

Lucius, Austringers, and Guild Guard would be the models I'd choose.

Lucius because he is the weakest Master in the game. He is way too resource intensive and even with the resources he mostly does stuff that other Masters do better. Which is crazy.

Austringers because they are silly and if they were made less silly Lucius' design would need to jump through fewer hoops. Lower the damage by quite a lot - have them be able to kill severely wounded models but not chip away big time on heavies.

Guild Guard because they are kinda iconic for Guild yet no one takes them since they suck. I could see them simply dropping in cost to 3 as that would certainly make people take them, I'd think.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Lucius, Austringers, and Guild Guard would be the models I'd choose.

Austringers because they are silly and if they were made less silly Lucius' design would need to jump through fewer hoops. Lower the damage by quite a lot - have them be able to kill severely wounded models but not chip away big time on heavies.

Guild Guard because they are kinda iconic for Guild yet no one takes them since they suck. I could see them simply dropping in cost to 3 as that would certainly make people take them, I'd think.

Agreed about Guild Guard. Austringers are good as for me, deliver orders + raptos do my games all the time.

24 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

5 Wds, Df 5, Wp 6 on a 5ss model does not sound unreasonable to me. At the moment they are easier to kill than Bayou Gremlins.

Consider me convinced. Keep in mind with Dashel they get around 4-5 damage usually per shot.

I don`t know if Austringers are that great. They are our only option for hunting Hollow Waifs to be honest. I use Deliver Orders half the time anyways and I never took 2 austringers. Min Damage 1 and moderate 3 is not that superb considering its once per turn.

30 minutes ago, trikk said:

Consider me convinced. Keep in mind with Dashel they get around 4-5 damage usually per shot.

With Dashel you are also paying 9ss for Dashel. With two Riflemen, you get to make a total of about 5 or 6 shots per game. That's around 1-1.5 damage per SS spent. Obviously you can get a few more shots in if you spend some Master AP, but that could usually be used on other things as well.

1 hour ago, trikk said:

Belle price to 6SS and Ca dropped to 6

I dont think the problem with Rotten Belles is their CA 8, they're supposed to be good at Lure and messing with that could possibly underpower Seamus. The price increase might work, but I'd rather see them get a reduction in wounds (8 is too much for a 5SS minion that isnt supposed to be a tank), a reduction in the range of their Lure to 14", lose one of the built in suits on Lure, lose the trigger on Lure, reduce their damage track on Teeth and Nails or some kind of combination. *A reduction in Walk could work too, generally I'd be open to anything to make them good at nothing but Lure*

Again, I dont see the fact that they're good at Lure as a problem, for me the issue is that they've got too many other good qualities on top of a good Lure.

4 minutes ago, MR TORGUE said:

Belles: lower cost to 4 and up Ca to 9.

What? :huh:

As for Belles a Ca8 Lure with 2 belles means youre master can go 20" into the enemy line without a chance to respond. Ability which has to just tie with 2 built in suits AND Ca8 is unavoidable by most masters, let alone other models. I`d say Ca6 built in suits Lure will usually go off too, but at least you have a chance to use a high card to deny it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, trikk said:

I don`t know if Austringers are that great. They are our only option for hunting Hollow Waifs to be honest. I use Deliver Orders half the time anyways and I never took 2 austringers. Min Damage 1 and moderate 3 is not that superb considering its once per turn.

If "Make them suffer" comes I build crew all from not minion/peon models. But take  one austringer. And place it in LOS block. In most cases it mean that opponent don't get points for "Make them suffer" or if he clever do not take "Make them suffer" wich ruins his plan for this crew. 

1 hour ago, trikk said:

The amount of Alpha strikes possible I`d be afraid to do it. Lilith, Rasputina, Blasts, Obeys, Killjoys, Austringers.

I do this only if table gives me confidence that blasts and obeys do not get to him. 
I dont afraid alpha strikes, The Guild loves when brave men comes close to us ))) 

Samael - give him a (0) push towards burning targets, regardless of LoS. Could be put on a new personal upgrade.

Austringers - make the Distract trigger work on Moderate and Severe damage.

Lucius - Make Devil's Deal usable on models that fail the Commanding Presence - if fail, damage for 3 and gain a Soulstone.

7 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I take them! They do suck though. 

And I can't tell whether Lucius makes them seem to suck worse by association, or if it's the other way around. 

• Like 1

Lucius- something to make his actions more efficient or easier. Yeah, he's pretty weak.

Guild Guards- IDK. Something. Basically never consider taking them, and I love their classy old models.

Justice- don't know what, but she could use further help. maybe just versatility since she's so obvious currently. Or something that really encourages you to use her with Marshals, like a cheap marshal.

Rotten Belle definitely needs an SS increase to 6 (much as Lev would love it); way too efficient and egregiously undercosted. Also lower its wounds to 6-7.

Fuck Pigapult in general, retarded centralizing model that is a PITA to deal with for any faction that is not Outcast.

Sam's Witch Hunt needs to be 1 SS cheaper and he probably should be 1 SS cheaper himself; I don't find him good value in light of the alternatives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpiralngCadavr said:

Justice- don't know what, but she could use further help. maybe just versatility since she's so obvious currently. Or something that really encourages you to use her with Marshals, like a cheap marshal.

Yeah, I don't know why they got rid of her guns. It's not like she used them a whole lot, but it was nice to have the option.

• Like 1