Sign in to follow this  
Martial

Who can Misaki hire?

Hello. Does anyone know an article that talks about how to make a crew? Also, could anyone tell me who Misaki can hire? I know that Oiran is a Ten Thunders' Minion so she can be hired by Misaki. However, she can work with Coryphee. So I'm wondering if that means Misaki can hire Coryphee as well, even though Coryphee is an Arcanist Minion.

Thanks in advance.

Hiring is determined in a general sense by both the faction and master you declare. So for example:

You are playing a game with a friend and declare Outcasts as your faction, that means you can only hire Outcast models and mercenary models into your crew. Once you select Misaki as your master you open up some additional hiring options because she has rules that let her bring models with the Last Blossom Characteristic with her regardless of the faction they belong to. In the case of the Coryphee, no, you can't hire them. They are neither Outcast models nor Ten Thunder models, so regardless of which faction you choose you can't hire them. They also don't have the mercenary characteristic, so they are not generally available to everyone. And finally they do not have the Last Blossom Characteristic, so Misaki can't bring them in regardless. So even though Oiran and the Coryphee have the Showgirl characteristic that doesn't mean they can pair together in any crew.

Does that help clarify things a little?

Yeah, the short version is, pick either the Outcasts or 10 Thunders faction.  
She can then select anyone from that faction, any figures with the mercenary trait (costing +1 SS for the Merc tax), and figures with the Last Blossom trait.

(Note: Coryphees are not on that list so she can't take them.)

As far as places to build a crew, I know some people use this page.
http://www.bythetree.net/

And if you want more info about using Misaki, this page gives some tips.
https://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/M2E+Misaki

Actually that clarifies everything a lot! Thanks Fetid. Edit: And thanks Nexus. I appreciate the help.

I've read in the following article that Coryphee and Oiran can work well together. However I understand that, that does not mean that, they can both be hired by the same crew.

https://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/M2E+Oiran

I have another question if that's ok. May I declare Outcasts, then bring in models from Outcasts and Ten Thunders as long as I use Misaki?

Short answer no. If you declare outcasts you can only hire outcast models. (And Mercs)

But, Misaki has an Ability, Infiltration Last blossom, that allows her to hire upto 4 last blossom minions regardless of the faction. Now at the moment I think all the last blossom models are Ten thunder, (but not all ten thunder models are last blossom) but its not impossible for there to be one in a completely different faction. So she can hire some ten thunder models 

10 minutes ago, Martial said:

Actually that clarifies everything a lot! Thanks Fetid. Edit: And thanks Nexus. I appreciate the help.

I've read in the following article that Coryphee and Oiran can work well together. However I understand that, that does not mean that, they can both be hired by the same crew.

https://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/M2E+Oiran

I have another question if that's ok. May I declare Outcasts, then bring in models from Outcasts and Ten Thunders as long as I use Misaki?

The Oiran/Coryphee combo becomes clearer when you know the Oiran have the Mercenary characteristic. That means that one has a crew that can natively hire Coryphee (Arcanists, Leveticus with Pariah of Iron, Collodi), then pays the merc tax to hire Oiran.

A related issue is upgrades which I thought I might clarify for you as well as this question does get asked a lot. When you declare your faction you may only use upgrades from that faction regardless of whether the model is duel faction and is able to take a particular upgrade when in another faction.

For example, Leveticus has an upgrade that allows him to hire any undead in the game. Let's say he decides to take that upgrade and Hires Madam Sybelle, an undead Resser Henchman. Madam Sybelle has a personal Resser upgrade called Bleeding Tongue. If a player declares Ressers as their faction and hires Madam Sybelle she can attach that upgrade. As Levi is an Outcast master, and therefore the player must have declared Outcasts as their faction Madam Sybelle hired into that faction cannot attach her bleeding tongue upgrade, even though it has the restriction Madam Sybelle, though she can attach any Outcast upgrade, like Oathkeeper.

19 minutes ago, Pyrflamme said:

The Oiran/Coryphee combo becomes clearer when you know the Oiran have the Mercenary characteristic. That means that one has a crew that can natively hire Coryphee (Arcanists, Leveticus with Pariah of Iron, Collodi), then pays the merc tax to hire Oiran.

What's more: Colette du Boix can hire Showgirls in her crew, and Oiran are Showgirls... So you don't have to pay the mercenary tax with her. You definitely have to pay the tax for all other non-Ten-Thunders Masters. Misaki can bring Oiran into Outcasts with her Infiltration: Last Blossom. Collodi (!) can bring the Coryphee in Neverborn because they are Puppets. Leveticus can use them in Outcasts if he takes his Pariah of Iron upgrade Coryphee are Constructs).
I know this must be very confusing in the beginning, but it is part of why the game is so awesome for me - you can make great cross-overs that not everyone expects sometimes.

That is not correct. Colette has no special ability to hire Showgirls, so she cannot hire Oiran except as mercenaries (just as Von Schill has to pay the mercenary tax to hire Anna Lovelace, despite her being Freikorps). Colette does have synergy with Showgirl models, which is why you might take Oiran, but she doesn't have any special hiring rules.

For clarity for those new to the game who just read the above, the ability for Seamus to hire showgirls is his avatar skill, which is only available in the campaign system, and not usable for regular play.