Fifty shades of Levi... and Jack

daniello_s

25 minutes ago, Mutter said:

Thanks for the report, sounds like an intense game.

Would have like to see how it would have turned out with Voices Dora - seen as you got paralyzed so much already. Did Dora kill the Waifs & Necropunk with the Box, or by using their own attacks?

She killed them using their own attacks plus from damage caused by Misery.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

Well played! :)

A question though: You played very cagey with Levi during the game due to Eliminate Leadership. I'm under the impression that Levi actually can bury now without giving away points, meaning that an enemy would have to reduce him to 0 wounds in order to get that point of the scheme but that he won't give it away himself (although ha can give away the point for bringing himself below half wounds). Did I misunderstand your reasoning? :)

7 hours ago, Erorior said:

A question though: You played very cagey with Levi during the game due to Eliminate Leadership. I'm under the impression that Levi actually can bury now without giving away points, meaning that an enemy would have to reduce him to 0 wounds in order to get that point of the scheme but that he won't give it away himself (although ha can give away the point for bringing himself below half wounds). Did I misunderstand your reasoning? :)

He sacrifices if he buries himself (1vp)

if he gets killed, that's reduced to 0 wounds, so 1 vp as well

1 hour ago, Seadhna said:

He sacrifices if he buries himself (1vp)

if he gets killed, that's reduced to 0 wounds, so 1 vp as well

But his ability Pariah's soul specifically says that "When this model is killed or sacrificed, it is not killed or sacrificed. Instead, bury this model. etc.." Therefore, when he buries himself he shouldn't actually give away the points. I felt that was the reason they included the wording "or reduced to 0 wounds" in the new eliminate the leadership. In this way, they got a scheme the Leveticus won't automatically give away the VP himself while it is still very viable against him (since it is not very hard to reduce Levi to below half and 0 wounds by simply attacking him). Getting the last point is a little bit trickier, but totally doable as well. 

In this way, the scheme works a lot better than both previous incarnations, where assassinate was almost impossible while neutralize the leader gave away free points for the built in mechanic of the model. 

42 minutes ago, Erorior said:

But his ability Pariah's soul specifically says that "When this model is killed or sacrificed, it is not killed or sacrificed. Instead, bury this model. etc.." Therefore, when he buries himself he shouldn't actually give away the points. I felt that was the reason they included the wording "or reduced to 0 wounds" in the new eliminate the leadership. In this way, they got a scheme the Leveticus won't automatically give away the VP himself while it is still very viable against him (since it is not very hard to reduce Levi to below half and 0 wounds by simply attacking him). Getting the last point is a little bit trickier, but totally doable as well. 

In this way, the scheme works a lot better than both previous incarnations, where assassinate was almost impossible while neutralize the leader gave away free points for the built in mechanic of the model. 

Oh, good call! I totally forgot to look at the Pariah ability. 

1 minute ago, Seadhna said:

Oh, good call! I totally forgot to look at the Pariah ability. 

It took a couple of days before I made the connection as well, and I could as well have missed it since it's a rule that you are so used to that you rarely check it. ^_^

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Erorior said:

When Levi drops below half of the wounds, whether he is attacked or he simply 3 times focus at the start of the three rounds he is reduced below half of the wounds and that's 1VP for enemy.

If he sacrifices or is removed from table because he was dropped to 0 wounds he is not killed as Pariah of Soul says but he is at brief moment on 0 wounds and that's another 1Vp for opponent. Pariah of Soul says that he is buried not killed and while buried he regains wounds and removes conditions.

2 hours ago, daniello_s said:

When Levi drops below half of the wounds, whether he is attacked or he simply 3 times focus at the start of the three rounds he is reduced below half of the wounds and that's 1VP for enemy.

If he sacrifices or is removed from table because he was dropped to 0 wounds he is not killed as Pariah of Soul says but he is at brief moment on 0 wounds and that's another 1Vp for opponent. Pariah of Soul says that he is buried not killed and while buried he regains wounds and removes conditions.

Actually, if he sacrifices himself he does not count as dropping to 0 wounds. He will, of course, be able to give away one of the point if he uses channel three times or if an enemy clobbers him down to half and another if he is brought to 0, but sacrificing himself will not give away that point. :)

On 1/17/2017 at 7:49 AM, Azkral said:

Excellent report! A pleausre yo see jacob in play. One remark: Ancient protection of the terracotta warrior is once per turn.

Well spotted. It is even better as I can put a protection on key model and then move. Next turn I will put protection on another model and move again.

• 1 month later...