Fifty shades of Levi... and Jack

daniello_s

32 minutes ago, admiralvorkraft said:

More and more I think it's the two free activations that outbalance Levi. I wish the waifs worked like Clockwork Traps - they were able to deploy From the Shadows and interact with the board passively (maybe even give them a walk stat so they can be obeyed around) but they didn't have actual activations. I think that more than any other one thing would fix people's issues with Levi (well, that and the Rat Engine of course).

They should just cost 2.

And his cache should probably be lower. :P

I found Levi not that effective when it comes to kill Master/Henchman (unless I have crazy good hand or flips). Between being in cover damage prevention plus stoning for my negative damage flips it is not that easy to remove enemy with 2/3/4 damage spread from distance. His melee severe damage is ridiculously high but is offset by weak 1 so again it really depends if I have those good cards to pull it off (plus it doesn't negate any defenses so armor, incorporeal etc work against it). I found Levi crazy good in killing enemy minions and enforcers to spam Abominations in their places.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, admiralvorkraft said:

My only legitimate comment is that you have Lynch listed as taking Wanna See a Trick twice.

Good point - fixed!.

And the Lynch player (from the write-up) seems to be new to the master at least, if not the game.

Lynch is Gavin's new master and as he is learning how to run Mr Gambler efficiently, that's the fact. We had a brief chat after the game about what he did wrong during the game. And to be honest Levi is tough and demanding teacher ;)

• Like 1

More Levi... Typical :P

I'm bringing Levi for the next tournament in June so I have to practice with him all possible combination I want to run during the event.

Besides I know you love to read reports about him :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm about to acquire the Jack Daw crew box, so I've had a look at your battle reports. I have a question if you dont mind on this one:

http://fiftyshadesofleviandjack.blogspot.cl/2016/04/game-report-210416-50ss-jack-daw-vs.html

You tormented Hanna, Johan and Strongarm in the very first turn with only one Guilty. How did you do? I see that with Hanna copying the Guilty's tormenting ability, you can torment a second character, but I can't see how you can torment the third guy.

6 minutes ago, Franchute said:

Hi,

I'm about to acquire the Jack Daw crew box, so I've had a look at your battle reports. I have a question if you dont mind on this one:

http://fiftyshadesofleviandjack.blogspot.cl/2016/04/game-report-210416-50ss-jack-daw-vs.html

You tormented Hanna, Johan and Strongarm in the very first turn with only one Guilty. How did you do? I see that with Hanna copying the Guilty's tormenting ability, you can torment a second character, but I can't see how you can torment the third guy.

Hey. Welcome to Jack's Party Club ;) 

Jack has Writhing Torment upgrade which allows him to borrow 1AP action from Tormented model so he can use Guilty's Share the Guilt toTorment  third model. 

If you have any other questions I'll be happy to assist.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Mutter said:

Thanks for the report! I'm surprised it was that close, the report sounded more like 'Levi smacks everybody till Kingdom comes' ... :D

Levi did as much as he could but Ramos kept summoning this pesky Arachnids on massive scale.

If Levi hasn't done that I would end up being absolutely flooded with those. Basically they would immobilize my whole crew... Df/Wp 6 with :+fate on Df flips from Ramos makes them really hard to chew up when there is a bunch of them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...