Fifty shades of Levi... and Jack

daniello_s

Hey all.

I have my blog where I put all (or nearly all) my battle reports with Levi and jack Daw.

I have similar tops in Outcast forum but I don't think everyone is interested in looking there so I thought it is good idea to put new topic in here as well.

The link to the blog is below:

http://fiftyshadesofleviandjack.blogspot.ie/

Most recent report: 50SS Levi vs Seamus can be find here:

http://fiftyshadesofleviandjack.blogspot.ie/2016/04/game-report-170416-50ss-leveticus-vs.html

From now on I'll post here links for my newest reports only.

I hope you'll enjoy it.

thanks

• Like 4

On 4/22/2016 at 10:48 AM, Mutter said:

Thanks for the report, really enjoyed it.

But how did the Carrion Emissary summon a flesh construct?

When you score VP for strategy Emissary gets Destined +1 condition. If he has it at +2 or higher he can summon non-Totem Resser minion of cost 6 or lower.

On 4/22/2016 at 11:39 AM, Jafar said:

Great job, good luck with new masters :)

As Jack Daw player, do you think adding Malifaux children is a good idea? I see him only as activation control helper, but maybe you will show some other uses for him

I tried him few times and outcome wasn't as good as expected. You can try to attack low Wp/Df opponent and put Curse upgrade on it but I would rather invest SS in either Lady Ligeia or cheap scheme runner like Winged Plague

• Like 2

Thanks.

I don't think she is crucial here but she is great utility tool in this crew with her Make a New Entry action. She can borrow Lure/Undress from Belles or condition removal from Johana. She alao can hit hard with blasts and provides you extra card each turn. I started to play her more often recently and I found her really, really good.

• Like 1

On April 20, 2016 at 2:36 PM, daniello_s said:

Most recent report: 50SS Levi vs Seamus can be find here:

http://fiftyshadesofleviandjack.blogspot.ie/2016/04/game-report-170416-50ss-leveticus-vs.html

From now on I'll post here links for my newest reports only.

I hope you'll enjoy it.

thanks

Enjoyed this report, thanks! Your highlights make it easy to visualize the flow of the game. 

• Like 1

Sure.

Joss is a heavy tank. Between armor and an access to the soulstone prevention he can hold certain piece of are quite long. The only problem might be with something ignoring armor but then those threats should be dealt with Levi first ;)

I need to try Joss and Rusty together with From the Aether and try synergies with Scrap Markers left after Joss' victims. So far I'm pretty happy with Joss.

Teddy is another experiment. He is squishy a bit but his MI7 and Gobble You Up is very scary. It might be funny to shoot with Levi into combat when something is engaged with Teddy as if you hit Teddy then he makes a free swing anyway and if you hit opponent then Teddy can use his Smell Fear once in the turn. 

I use Teddy as nice alternative for Howard.

Generally I love to experiment with Levi as due to the crazy amount of stuff he can hire the competition in beat-stick area is so fierce that it is almost obscene ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

Sure.

Joss is a heavy tank. Between armor and an access to the soulstone prevention he can hold certain piece of are quite long. The only problem might be with something ignoring armor but then those threats should be dealt with Levi first ;)

I need to try Joss and Rusty together with From the Aether and try synergies with Scrap Markers left after Joss' victims. So far I'm pretty happy with Joss.

Teddy is another experiment. He is squishy a bit but his MI7 and Gobble You Up is very scary. It might be funny to shoot with Levi into combat when something is engaged with Teddy as if you hit Teddy then he makes a free swing anyway and if you hit opponent then Teddy can use his Smell Fear once in the turn. 

I use Teddy as nice alternative for Howard.

Generally I love to experiment with Levi as due to the crazy amount of stuff he can hire the competition in beat-stick area is so fierce that it is almost obscene ;)

I recently picked up the Levi crew and it might have been the biggest mistake in my life, giving how wide the hiring pool is :D
But I love to experiment and I am glad to read that Joss works well (I had few doubts). I can see Joss + Johana + Rusty working very well together...plenty of scrap markers around and very solid anchors.

Keep Johana near Joss and she would have :+fate for her attacks.

Levi can afford having even three 10+SS models as he have 2 'free' Waifs at the start so you can mix and match as much as you want.

Next game I'll use Pariah of Bone Levi to toy with 2 Dead Doxies and one Rotten Belle supported by some Outcasts beaters.

PS. Welcome to Levi's fun club. People will start to hate you shortly ;)

• Like 1

More and more I think it's the two free activations that outbalance Levi. I wish the waifs worked like Clockwork Traps - they were able to deploy From the Shadows and interact with the board passively (maybe even give them a walk stat so they can be obeyed around) but they didn't have actual activations. I think that more than any other one thing would fix people's issues with Levi (well, that and the Rat Engine of course).