Sloth and paralyzing slow targets

Manxfaux

Question

I was just looking at Sloths Wiki entry and it suggests that using his ranged attack on a slow target will mean they can't convert it to slow so will become paralyzed.

from pg 52 big rulebook "Conditions presented without a value in their name do not stack, and a model that would get a second instance of a Condition simply ignores it (the second instance is not applied)"

So surely this means they can in fact 'gain' another dose of slow which has no further effect. The rules don't say they don't get (or gain) the Condition, merely it is ignored.

Thoughts?

*Edit*

I feel the wiki page is correct in its claim, despite my initial thought, and those of the following contributors.

This is because the rules specifically state that the second copy of a non stackable Condition is "not applied" (pg 52 big rulebook).

If the Condition is not applied it is in no way gained either, so paying two life to gain the Condition is not an option.

If the wording was pay two life and gain the Condition instead, that would be a small but significant difference.

1 hour ago, santaclaws01 said:

Gaining slow is not what is required to not be paralyzed. It's you take 2 damage and gain slow or you can get paralyzed.

No, it's "take 2 damage to take slow".

If you have slow you cannot get it again, so you cannot pay the 'price' of 2 damage any more than you can 'gain' a second copy of slow.