Sophoticated Masters Never Use Their Own Feet

Boomstick

My main opponents and I often comment that one of the many games built into Malifaux is how to not use your master's AP to walk (like a savage).
I quite enjoy using Gracie with a saddle as a master taxi, or a piglet's truffles ability. Or for built in master non-walks, there's always Ramos' magnetism, Mei Feng's railwalk, or Brewmaster's one for the road.
What's your favorite way to have a sophisticated, non-walking master?

On 15/04/2016 at 4:40 PM, Myyrä said:

Any way I can. If one spends more than 3 or 4 ap per game to walk with their master, they probably aren't playing very well, and even 3 or 4 is pushing it with most maters.

Bah, I can do that on turn 1 with Marcus, and it be a good turn. (Granted he'll probably make a couple of attacks in the same turn)

18 hours ago, Adran said:

Bah, I can do that on turn 1 with Marcus, and it be a good turn. (Granted he'll probably make a couple of attacks in the same turn)

38 out of the 39 masters can walk three times on turn 1, doesn't make it a good idea.

Some masters have a harder time hitching a ride than others.   I spent a bit yesterday trying to unravel a way to push Gremlin Zoraida around the table without burning her AP and came up blank.   She's not a gremlin so she can't be truffled/saddled/Major'ed.  She's not ht 1 so she can't be thrown.  She has no charge so Trixiebelle can't help.   I think she's stuck walking like a sucker.

1 hour ago, Clement said:

Some masters have a harder time hitching a ride than others.   I spent a bit yesterday trying to unravel a way to push Gremlin Zoraida around the table without burning her AP and came up blank.   She's not a gremlin so she can't be truffled/saddled/Major'ed.  She's not ht 1 so she can't be thrown.  She has no charge so Trixiebelle can't help.   I think she's stuck walking like a sucker.

Smack her upfield with some of Mah's minions? I think the entire box can push people around. It would be thematic, at least.

12 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Unrelated, is anyone else annoyed by the names Magnetic and Magnetism when one of them could have so easily have been Electromagnetism instead and so easier to distinguish?

Why would I mix them up when they mean completely different things? :o It's not like I confuse words heavy and gravity either. ;)

2 hours ago, Clement said:

Or she could just turn into a raven and fly around like a sucker.

I'm confused. I consider Lucius the most sophisticated master and I usually walk at least 4 times with him in a game. He's a lot more classy than any gremlin! ;) 

I will admit that I haven't won a game with him in a while. Do good Lucius players never walk with him? What do they use to move him?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I'm confused. I consider Lucius the most sophisticated master and I usually walk at least 4 times with him in a game. He's a lot more classy than any gremlin! ;) 

I will admit that I haven't won a game with him in a while. Do good Lucius players never walk with him? What do they use to move him?

Lucius might end up walking more than 4 times per game, but I try to spend most of his ap on Issue Commands and try to not move him that much.

2 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Lucius moves with Lackeys, or walks to get an ap out of a specific model beyond issue command range. It's not really worth it to use anyone elses ap to move him.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Lucius moves with Lackeys, or walks to get an ap out of a specific model beyond issue command range. It's not really worth it to use anyone elses ap to move him.

I was trying to jokingly suggest that I disagreed with the original post that suggested Ulix was sophisticated since doesn't need to take a lot of walk actions and that Lucius was a savage since he is the master most likely to be using his AP to walk.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Pariah of Bone Leveticus is the Sultan of Sophistication, the Marquis of Manners, the most Genteel of Geriatrics... and consequently adored by all the decomposing Victorian ladies. Using a Doxy, Hannah, your Waif network, and probably some Belles and Charge actions, it's quite easy to go an entire game without spending Leveticus' own AP on Walk.

• Like 1