LunarSol finally gets things painted

LunarSol

Thanks!  I was actually kind of at a loss on the bases.  I probably wouldn't have thought of it had I not had the Neverborn need for Lucius.  Hopefully it will work out in the long run.  Mostly concerned with Arcanist models with Hoffman and Mercenaries in general, since they won't have a leader with a color to tie them together.

• 4 weeks later...

Got some close up shots of various things, starting with the original trio:

IMG_5533_zpsqopcihn8.jpg

Not completely happy with Sonnia's flame wall.  It's a little flatter in practice than it looked in metal and my blending with those colors isn't quite up to snuff.  Also had the worst time picking a color for her hair.  I think she's gone through 7 different dye jobs before settling on the default.  The mask took more color away from the model than I was expecting.  Anyway, personal gripes aside, I'm looking forward to using some extra Stalkers to practice some OSL and come back to some of these later.

Here's some shots of the rest:

Constructs!

IMG_5532_zpsagz9erzw.jpg

Austringers

IMG_5542_zps6alnsgza.jpg

Family

IMG_5537_zpsd2ztgidi.jpg

A Future Witchling?

IMG_5539_zpsn1f8dwvz.jpg

Death Marshals

IMG_5540_zpsrerbvxug.jpg

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've got into a bad habit of getting a bunch of stuff 90% done and moving on to other things.  Trying to break that up.  First off, getting some more Guild done, including the new stuff:

Abuela and Master Queeg

IMG_5634_zpsqvsksm2x.jpg

Nellie's Staff

IMG_5631_zpsc21mbsh8.jpg

Brutal Emissary

IMG_5645_zpsnxocayb9.jpg

IMG_5642_zpsnssnotdw.jpg

and, here's some fire stuff from masters I started painted but hadn't finished:

IMG_5625_zpsaa4wcrsc.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Chugging along on the backlog, I painted up my Outcasts.  Picked them up in Wave 1 when they were mostly mercs and outlaw style, so I'm planning to stick to that half of things... for now...

Outcast Masters: Misaki, Parker, Viktorias, Von Schill

IMG_5738_zpsdg1otma6.jpg

Sisters

IMG_5715_zpsbz5bimkf.jpg

Mercenaries

IMG_5718_zps0fzazkn0.jpg

Freikorps

IMG_5708_zpsqoyygsd9.jpg

Bandits

IMG_5731_zpsmxdjqszr.jpg

Last Blossom

IMG_5705_zpsxjwargjk.jpg

Finally, the avatar of the faction, the... different....

Hodgepodge Emissary

IMG_5726_zpsywmbelnz.jpg

IMG_5728_zpse5ey12z3.jpg

IMG_5727_zps2tn6ptr9.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, CapnBloodbeard said:

Looking great!!  How did you do the slight rust effect on Laarus?  And what's the blue you're using there?

Something about the Mercenaries really popped too, just a great scheme

Thanks!  Almost all the paints are P3, but the rust effect is just caused by washing the thing with  Agrax Earthtone over the metallic.  The piping is just P3's Coal Black (which is a very dark blue/green in my experience).  The bulk of the Mercenary models are the overalls using P3 Thornwood Green (which is brown) with the leather being done in P3 Bloodtracker Brown (which is actually brown!).  The shirts are mostly Menoth White Base.  Hope that helps!

5 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

That Shang looks amazing :D Almost makes me ashamed of mine.

He's definitely a good model to practice fire on.  Really quick paint up really.  P3 Heartfire followed by a heavy drybrush of P3 Ember Orange and a light drybrush of Khador Red Base.  I was happy with how he turned out, but no small part of that is just because the model itself has a good amount of flicker on its flames. :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Thanks!

The terracotta was really simple; something ridiculous like 15-20 minutes of work total.  The entire thing is just a single basecoat of PP's Hammerfall Khaki.  I then put some blotchy washes of Citadel's Reikland Fleshshade on parts to make it a little red and Agrax Earthtone'd everything else.  I did a tiny bit of dry brushing around the face to see if it would stand out more, but overall I decided it looked best to just leave it alone.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This doesn't exactly count as painting, but I really liked the idea of the void monsters not really being there.  I might do some dry brushing to turn some of the reflective nature of the material into something a little more dull, but....

v4jA0H9.jpg

and some Outcast stuff to go along with it:

o4guX6g.jpg

• Like 3