Northern Sedition Release Date?

Brancifer

• 1 month later...

According to Northern Aggression, wasn't Sedition supposed to be the next Penny Dreadful?

Also, on the Dreadful note: Any plans to either a) release a collection of the one-shots or b.) allow us to order POD versions from Drive-Thru? I like digital copies but far prefer physical ones.

I had asked this previously (assuming the one-shots your talking about include the ones in the Malifaux Story Encounter boxes) and Nathan mentioned that at some point that might happen in a physical collection. I also prefer physical copies to digital ones.

• 3 months later...

I don't think its ridiculous that they wanted to have a release to tie in with each of the big expansion books.

That said I had no idea how good Northern Aggression was until I was finally pushed to get a copy by all the praise here. Haven't had a chance to run it yet but I'm eagerly awaiting Northern Sedition anyway!

(Literally) my only criticism of Northern Aggression is that there's no guidance on how to level up the "Enraged" advanced pursuit. I was going to make it so whenever the character did something excessively violent due to anger then it'd go up by one at the end of the adventure.

Other than that it's great. The artwork is excellent (as usual) and the options for who the patron is make it quite flexible for making it fit however your campaign is going.

Currently, my Fated are all guild Patsies (as our resident Resser has only been around for one session) who antagonise Arcanists on a regular basis so I'd probably have them going up against them, but switching it up for the Neverborn would make things quite interesting.

Considering it was the 'next release' its a little ridiculous there have been two full adventures before it!

Did we ever say it was the next release?

I know that we have a trilogy planned out, but I didn't think that we said anything about our release schedule.

That being said, I definitely haven't forgotten about it. ;)

(Literally) my only criticism of Northern Aggression is that there's no guidance on how to level up the "Enraged" advanced pursuit. I was going to make it so whenever the character did something excessively violent due to anger then it'd go up by one at the end of the adventure.

Advanced Pursuits rank up only after a session that specifically focuses on the Advanced Pursuit (instead of a Destiny Step).

• Like 1

Did we ever say it was the next release?

I know that we have a trilogy planned out, but I didn't think that we said anything about our release schedule.

That being said, I definitely haven't forgotten about it. ;)

Advanced Pursuits rank up only after a session that specifically focuses on the Advanced Pursuit (instead of a Destiny Step).

So making it clear there was a continuation of the story and then leaving it more than a year with no word whatsoever isn't a problem?

Though your flippant attitude makes it pretty clear how little stock Wyrd then places in its customers. 

Just like your 'Advanced Pursuits rank up only a fter a session that specifically focuses on the Advanced Pursuit' comment- as Fatemasters we know that- but suggestions about ways to focus on it, especially considering how potentially disruptive a pursuit it is. Would have been appreciated, especially as someone asked.

So making it clear there was a continuation of the story and then leaving it more than a year with no word whatsoever isn't a problem?

Though your flippant attitude makes it pretty clear how little stock Wyrd then places in its customers.

I wasn't being flippant. I was genuinely curious if we had ever said that!

My apologies for the misunderstanding there.  :(

Just like your 'Advanced Pursuits rank up only a fter a session that specifically focuses on the Advanced Pursuit' comment- as Fatemasters we know that- but suggestions about ways to focus on it, especially considering how potentially disruptive a pursuit it is. Would have been appreciated, especially as someone asked.

I assumed that it was a genuine question about how Advanced Pursuits work. It's not an uncommon question.

• Like 4

I took the response in the spirit it was intended. I'm still at Fuming+0 (See what I did there)

It is a potentially disruptive pursuit, but I think it could be quite interesting to see how players use it in a session.

Most of my group still haven't moved on from the pursuits they chose at the beginning, so I have a Graverobber, a Tinker, a Drudge, a Convict and a Wastrel, but the wastrel seems to be spending most of his time punching everything within range to smithereens, so I'm going to see if he'd be more interested in the Scrapper pursuit. I haven't broached the idea of Advanced Pursuits with them yet so I hadn't looked into how the work really. I'm pretty au fait with the rules otherwise.

I'm currently quite enthusiastic about having one of them blinded by Copellius at some point in my campaign too, but I don't know if that'd be too mean or not.

• Like 2

I'm currently quite enthusiastic about having one of them blinded by Copellius at some point in my campaign too, but I don't know if that'd be too mean or not.

Do we have a stat block for Copellius? If so that would be very convenient for a one shot I am working on.

E.g He has a Df of 4, so that'd be 11 or 12 with his Enforcer rank.

The TN for his Long, Clawed Fingers would be 6(masks) plus the TN so it'd be 13 or 14 with the mask trigger. If they fail their defence filp with a crow you'd get his Remove Eye trigger, and ram would get you the "I want them both"  trigger.

I think that's right?