Rooster Riders what do they do for Gremlins?

Brewie

13 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Wp 7 is too low for what you look to do? So you play mainly only Zoraida with Pigapult and Hannah?

Got to say that Francois having too low a Wp is likely the weirdest criticism said about him ever. You did qualify with that YMMV so I suppose that it's safe to say that basically everyone else's mileage indeed does vary :D 

Was speaking of  the other Kin, evidently I thought it but didn't type, my bad. I still maintain that Ophelia herself doesn't need the so called staple Gremlin models outside of Lenny.

12 hours ago, rgarbonzo said:

Was speaking of  the other Kin, evidently I thought it but didn't type, my bad. I still maintain that Ophelia herself doesn't need the so called staple Gremlin models outside of Lenny.

"Need" is such a strong word. I don't think that she really needs Lenny, either. (I find Lenny something of a liability and making "proper" use of him limits Ophelia's mobility quite a bit if there's terrain on the table hampering pushes - plus, I find he has a tendency to become a bit of a crutch that people lean on too heavily and then don't know how to play without). Models like Francois or Sammy are really good choices for her (as is Lenny) so I find it weird that you dismiss them so readily.

• Like 1

Sammy is a good addition to any crew, the rest of the Kin are situational IMO, of course I tend to run non standard lists to unlock more of the potential of the faction. As for crutch models, there are more than a few in the faction cough *Slop Haulers* cough. The best advice I can give any player getting a new master is to play the base box for about 20 games to understand the crew before adding or subtracting various models.

17 hours ago, rgarbonzo said:

Sammy is a good addition to any crew, the rest of the Kin are situational IMO, of course I tend to run non standard lists to unlock more of the potential of the faction.

Haha, always so modest. :P But you're the professor, I guess. ;) 

I don't quite get how Francois is situational. I mean, if you don't need ranged damage, melee damage or Scheme running, I guess he isn't all that, but I'm having a difficult time coming up with such a situation. YMMV.

17 hours ago, rgarbonzo said:

The best advice I can give any player getting a new master is to play the base box for about 20 games to understand the crew before adding or subtracting various models.

Why not 100 games while you're at it? ;) And playing 20 games with Zoraida starter box as Gremlins or with Mah Tucket's box must be an enlightening experience. 

My advice for getting a new master would be to move up to 50 SS games as fast as possible since starter box games can lead to really weird games and teach you completely wrong things about, say, the Master's endurance and hand management and so on and so forth. If you play a thousand games a year or something, then sure, do what you suggest but if you are a normal person with normal responsibilities and so on, then I think that playing twenty games with just the starter box is a very, very bad idea. YMMV.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I just bought my rooster riders! Pretty excited! Haven't tried them yet. I did some thoughts and i believe that Mah can take the best out of them. They are suicidal minions that harass and you either deal with them or they charge your weaker minions or enforcers. They give time to Mah to position and advance. I would say that a single r.r. is probably enough. They can also be good in every list that goes elite since they dont consume cards. Somer is probably the second best master to host them. He needs a turn to get some bros so the r.r. can cause some problems until then. They can also cover a flank and take some fire before burt with some stuffed piglets come. This faction has so cheap stuff that if you reclessly sacrifice 6ss you dont really care. Plus probably they will kill or at least soften one or two models. I feel like blind for not using them before. Pig list can host one of them as well since he can follow the crazy charges and punish pig killer. Generally the pigs dont kill. Just tie down models. So r.r. work well.

16 hours ago, Dimitri said:

I just bought my rooster riders! Pretty excited! Haven't tried them yet. I did some thoughts and i believe that Mah can take the best out of them. They are suicidal minions that harass and you either deal with them or they charge your weaker minions or enforcers. They give time to Mah to position and advance. I would say that a single r.r. is probably enough. They can also be good in every list that goes elite since they dont consume cards. Somer is probably the second best master to host them. He needs a turn to get some bros so the r.r. can cause some problems until then. They can also cover a flank and take some fire before burt with some stuffed piglets come. This faction has so cheap stuff that if you reclessly sacrifice 6ss you dont really care. Plus probably they will kill or at least soften one or two models. I feel like blind for not using them before. Pig list can host one of them as well since he can follow the crazy charges and punish pig killer. Generally the pigs dont kill. Just tie down models. So r.r. work well.

Zoraida can Obey them to great effect and Brewmaster can debuff an enemy and then Obey the Rooster to take care of it. Both Masters love Roosters!

• Like 2