April 5 - Upcoming Guild

Lucidicide

1 hour ago, Kobayashi said:

Maybe they are more about finding / creating scheme markers and or bufing / debuffing and thus have no actual combat Actions. And being part in Encounters, well we have war reporters in the realworld and somebody needs to cover the heroic deeds of the guild over at the breach.

I can imagine that their rules will be wholly appropriate and represent them well - there already are support models that aren't really "proper" combatants (Nurses for example) but I just find these sorts of reporters to be out of Place in my vision of Malifaux.

58 minutes ago, valhallan42nd said:

And December Acolytes, too.

...and Nurses, Belles, Ronin, Dead Doxys, Witchling Handlers, Bayou Bushwhackers and likely some I'm forgetting. Also, yeah, December Acolytes all have boobs, so definitely women.

1 hour ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I can imagine that their rules will be wholly appropriate and represent them well - there already are support models that aren't really "proper" combatants (Nurses for example) but I just find these sorts of reporters to be out of Place in my vision of Malifaux.

Out of place compared to a bunch of show girls running around in Malifaux?  :mellow:

I have a feeling this is one of those cases where they went with having models that were recognizable for what they were, rather than necessarily dressed for what they would be doing in a game.  But the same probably goes for the performers, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, solkan said:

Out of place compared to a bunch of show girls running around in Malifaux?  :mellow:

I have a feeling this is one of those cases where they went with having models that were recognizable for what they were, rather than necessarily dressed for what they would be doing in a game.  But the same probably goes for the performers, too.

Not a bad point. I took a while to ponder why I feel that these reporters are out of place while the performers aren't and I identified four things:

1. The smuggling story with Colette had her girls along and they fit the story. Now, of course I haven't yet had a chance to read a story about the reporters so there is that.
  2. I think that having a whole bunch of reporters is weirder than having a bunch of showgirls. A named reporter character I wouldn't have had a problem with but them being common Minions is a bit strange.
  3. I have had time to ease into Colette - she's a classic.
  4. I'm not a big fan of reporters in general in media (in real life they are fine but in media they tend to annoy me).

Now, out of those reasons three are silly and something I should probably get over. Number two is the only one with legitimacy (though it is naturally completely subjective as well). So yeah, that's my bit of introspection, hope someone found it amusing. Proves that I'm fallible at least :D 

• Like 2

"You're right, I did lose a million soulstones last year. I expect to lose a million soulstoness this year. I expect to lose a million dollars *next* year. You know, Mr. Thatcher, at the rate of a million soulstones a year, I'll have to close this place in... 60 years."

- Charles Foster "Baby" Kade

4 hours ago, RodneyAnon said:

"You're right, I did lose a million soulstones last year. I expect to lose a million soulstoness this year. I expect to lose a million dollars *next* year. You know, Mr. Thatcher, at the rate of a million soulstones a year, I'll have to close this place in... 60 years."

- Charles Foster "Baby" Kade

I catch what you're referencing, but I have never seen the movie and I don't really see the connection :P

2 hours ago, Absolution Black said:

I like the concept art so will be interested in seeing the renders.  However, as I currently only run Lady J in Guild I will have to see if they fit in somehow with her dynamics.  Either that or hope that there is a cool new master that will entice me to splash out on them.....

They can report on how Lady J protects the Malifaux citizens from the horrors of the night - how can they not fit in? :D 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

They can report on how Lady J protects the Malifaux citizens from the horrors of the night - how can they not fit in? :D 

Who else would benefit more from having people around to be her eyes and ears? ;)

Welcome to Guild's first skirt wearers, may it entice more new players away from that darn 'but rotten belles are so pretty' mindset. :P 

On 06/04/2016 at 10:25 PM, trikk said:

I actually love the fact we get an all-female set. There`s not much of those. (Oiran, Performers, Silent Ones?)

Beckoners, Ronin, Hired Swords crew box.

edit - I didn't realize I was a page back...

Anyway, curious to see what they do. I like the units in Malifaux that aren't outright fighters and have their own little effect on the game.

43 minutes ago, Stewbert said:

Minions with chatty perhaps?

As said:

On 6.4.2016 at 3:46 PM, Dirial said:

Why would a reporter talk so much to keep others from saying anything?

That would be really counterproductive for finding out stuff.