Jacky Jacky Jack Daw and the Viks

Murdock365

Okay so been playing for a little bit now, exclusively playing the Viks and I'm starting to get them down pat.  The issue I'm having is they're obviously not universal and great at EVERYTHING strat and scheme so I've been looking into jack daw a bit more as another master option. 

Probably my own doing as iI've spent so much time with the viks but now i find it kinda hard to deviate my mind frame to another master and way of playing as i appreciate both these 2 are extremely different in play style.

I wanted to ask out and just see if anyone had some info or advice ion what works well in a Daw crew and how he generally plays/What I should try and get out of the crew. 

Many thanks

Jack goes well with any Tormented but most used models are Hanged, Crooked Men, Ubume. The Guilties are there if you wana make someone Tormented, so If you pick a non-tormented model that can benefeit a lot of Jack you should pick a Guilty too : Hannah, Taelor or Bishop are examples.

Malifaux Child is a great totem (no sourprise there) because you don´t always want to play Ligeia.

The weakness of choosing Jack Daw is that there isn't a huge amount of cross over in models between the Viks and him. Of course he can use regular Outcast models, but he works better with Tormented models which he can draw on across faction lines. One or maybe two regular units that he and a Guilty can Torment is a good choice. Beaters that normally require some effort to get across the table (like Taelor) are a good choice. As Druso says Hanged (if you want to lose friends) Crooked Men and Ubume (although you'll have to proxy until the plastic is released) are good choices, as are the Crossroads 7.

I would be inclined to recommend Von Schill. His box comes with the ever useful Trapper and Librarian who work well with every Outcast Master, and Von Schill himself can make use of a Ronin when he wants a bit more melee ability. His playstyle isn't too different to the Viks either. Being able to say, "can you feel it brother" every time he hits someone is fairly satisfying too.

• 1 month later...

Jack is the broken rhythm master. He wants to control your opponents AP use. He wants everyone around him to feel his torment. He wants his crew to obey him at least once, and wil push those that feel his pain to his best advantage. 

Fluffy expose aside, Jack is a master that you can build a crew around your play style. If you want to smash face, a Guilty and some big time beaters will do the job well. Guerrilla warfare more your style? A Guilty and some ranged with a quick beater will do well. Want to be hated? Hanged followed by a Nurse will make sure you lose friends.

You will find that Jack can have multiple answers for any action your opponent does. It's easy to go for the crazy awesomeness option.  However, that auction will not always catch you the VP to help you win the game. if you're playing casual, or just trying to learn the intricacies of your crew, then go for the crazy awesomeness. Who knows, maybe after practicing that crazy awesomeness a couple times and I'll help you get VP in a game.