Facing The Dreamer, HALP!

GrimmMJ

So finally had my game last night and boy was that a learning experience. I brought:

Raspy, Cold Nights, Pawn

Wendigo

Johan

Snowstorm - Subzero

Blessed of December 

Acolyte

Ice Gamin

Silent One

First round started out great, Snowstorm blasting away 3 Alps with Tornado triggering like crazy and putting significant dmg on Coppelicus. Raspy and Silent one doing dmg as well. Second round i quickly realize im already in way to deep and quickly get crowded by Alps and Dreams. He pulls out Chompy which get killed by Snowstorm but Im really jammed up in the middle. Raspy fails to disengage (no Armour of December was a HUGE mistake) so no way to freeze them up. Killing Chompy Dreamer appears even deeper down in my zone and kills Snowstorm with Surrounded by Nightmares and after that it was quickly downhill until we called it game. 

A few things I will take with me from this game. First of all, Armour of December for the ability to disengage Rasputina. Second thing, dont have an answer for this though is how quickly you get crowded, boy those little bastards are fast. Once you are bogged down by 3-4 Alps/Daydreams is it game over or is there some way to handle the situation?

If your opponent is a good player you'll probably never get to the Dreamer, seems like hes super-easy to keep out of harms way. 

Teddy... OMG... What a beatstick. And he's FAST! Without some shenaningans with push/toss or some additional movement its really hard to get Johan on Teddy, he's just to slow on his own. This game I tried to lure Teddy out with Blessed but didnt know he got to push back 4' after killing something so he was still out of range for Johan and next round gobbled him up. 

All in all a good learning experience but boy is Dreamer tough to face.

One solution to Rasputina begin surrounded is give her the upgrade that makes her immune to blasts, and fire into the combat, things like the ice tornado will probably make swift work of all the small things around her, without hurting her. (and that doesn't actually need the bearskin armor but other ones will).

Pushes from Snowstorm, Captain can also help, as can just killing everything. 

And a nice trick, if they are in base contact with Rasputina is try and use the wendigo with magical extension to paralyse her. Once all the things in base conatct with her are paralysed, they don't engage her and so she can shoot. (And daydreams won't stop her shooting anyway)

6 minutes ago, Adran said:

One solution to Rasputina begin surrounded is give her the upgrade that makes her immune to blasts, and fire into the combat, things like the ice tornado will probably make swift work of all the small things around her, without hurting her. (and that doesn't actually need the bearskin armor but other ones will).

Pushes from Snowstorm, Captain can also help, as can just killing everything. 

And a nice trick, if they are in base contact with Rasputina is try and use the wendigo with magical extension to paralyse her. Once all the things in base conatct with her are paralysed, they don't engage her and so she can shoot. (And daydreams won't stop her shooting anyway)

Hahaha nice trick, but who would cast the paralyze through the Wendigo?

Always use armour of December if you think you might be facing NB. The best ways NB have to take out Raspy are in close combat and they hate getting stuck there. Use armour of december to reduce the number of attacks and leave them stuck there so either you can get Raspy out or something else can take out the threatening model.