Easter Sale!

Lucidicide

16 minutes ago, Pyrflamme said:

Very excited for everything, but thought I should note an error - In the second paragraph in the box, it correctly notes Genbu will battle alongside 10T (as alt Izamu), but it links Luther as connected to the Neverborn...rather than the Arcanists, as he's an alt Blessed.

I am sure Luther was going to be an alt Teddy and Wyrd finally realize, "We got enough Teddies, right? There are 6 other factions, right?"

That back text is just fun fluffy stuff, not particularly game rules. Luther is hire-able by Neverborn in the scenario (and was, in the fluff, created by the Dreamer), so it's mostly just a story thing. The box symbols and description of what the models are clearly indicate what they stand for in "standard" Malifaux -- a Blessed (hare) and Izamu (tortoise).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, McPigish said:

WOAH WOAH WOAH!

did you just say "war rabbit" this is not acceptable.

Its a war wabbit! Lol

-;0)

To be honest, how am I supposed to buy my wife nice birthday presents when you release all this gremlin goodness on her birthday?

Looks like I'll be assembling models in the dog house.

You could always buy her Gremlins.

• Like 1

That warden is really cool, the one with the cape. I want that one. The Gupps are real cute and I kind of like the night terrors. Kinda cute, and dynamic. Old Cranky is charming and I'm dying to get my hands on the Tortoise and the Hare. So cool!

Is it just me or are more and more kits and artworks kind of like they're the same dude, in the same clothes but with different poses? Not the fermented monks, but the latigos, changelings, rooster riders, union miners, exorcists... Not much variety. Lots of, almost, copies of the same man. And very few women. Sad to see latigo pistoleros going from 2 men and 1 woman to 3 men for example. And they're more alike each other. Less unique.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

I assume they also have different rules to be used with their own story scenario.

Right, I'm just saying that paragraph seems to be noting the factions for their alternate identities in regular Malifaux, what with Genbu being mentioned as fighting along TT. In that case, Luther would be identified as Arcanists for Blessed purposes. Of course their hiring restrictions are different for the scenario. I imagine the cards proper would be correct, just mentioning what I think to be a minor error in the packaging wording.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pyrflamme said:

Right, I'm just saying that paragraph seems to be noting the factions for their alternate identities in regular Malifaux, what with Genbu being mentioned as fighting along TT. In that case, Luther would be identified as Arcanists for Blessed purposes. Of course their hiring restrictions are different for the scenario. I imagine the cards proper would be correct, just mentioning what I think to be a minor error in the packaging wording.

They also don't mention Izamu is actually a dual faction model.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aaron said:

No

Awwww man.   The awesome Dark Carnival terrain comes out, then no more Dark Carnival minis to go along with it. 
That was the whole reason I bought the terrain.    Well.  Poo.   :(

Edit:
... it's ok.  Ebay just saved me.  :P

41 minutes ago, Sybarite said:

Is it just me or are more and more kits and artworks kind of like they're the same dude, in the same clothes but with different poses? Not the fermented monks, but the latigos, changelings, rooster riders, union miners, exorcists... Not much variety. Lots of, almost, copies of the same man. And very few women. Sad to see latigo pistoleros going from 2 men and 1 woman to 3 men for example. And they're more alike each other. Less unique.

I suspect there are just shortcuts being taken to get stuff caught up so the game can finally move forward.  It's been stuck under this mountain of resculpts for far too long.  There are definitely shortcuts happening though (the Guild Sergeants are the same guy for example) and I would love to see female models added to the groups.  That said, I'm not sure there's been very many kits in general with a gender mix.  I certainly see it as something of a missed opportunity.  Hopefully this year things will get caught up and there can be more variety without the delays.

2 minutes ago, Sybarite said:

One can only hope! Yeah I noticed the thing about the sergeants.

I want to get into 10t but the minions... they're pretty much all dudes :/ 'cept the prostitutes. I guess I can always convert some stuff.

There's also at least one Torakage, an Illuminated, and at fair number of models covered well enough that they don't HAVE to be men, but yeah, sadly rare.

I will say, the crouching 10T Brothers have relit my desire to really get into the faction.  I need to try and quell that before I get any bad ideas.

1 minute ago, MrDeathTrout said:

The three TT models finish off Wave 2 for them.  I'm not a familiar and too lazy to check the rest of the factions.  I'm curious is any know if there are any wave 1 or 2 models that are not out (at least as a pre-release) yet?

Arcanists are missing the Raptors

Ressers are missing Autopsies and Jaakuna.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LunarSol said:

Arcanists are missing the Raptors

Ressers are missing Autopsies and Jaakuna.

Arcanists are missing large arachnids too. And guild is missing exorcist. All wave 2. Only 5 entries left after this prerelease.  Wave 1 was finished last year. Did the research a few nights ago

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sybarite said:

I want to get into 10t but the minions... they're pretty much all dudes :/ 'cept the prostitutes. I guess I can always convert some stuff.

1 hour ago, LunarSol said:

There's also at least one Torakage, an Illuminated, and at fair number of models covered well enough that they don't HAVE to be men, but yeah, sadly rare.

And there's Miss Anne Thrope... Shame no-one other than Lynch or McCabe has any real interest in bringing Wastrels. Real shame about the Pistoleros.