Easter Sale!

Lucidicide

3 hours ago, Sybarite said:

That warden is really cool, the one with the cape. I want that one. The Gupps are real cute and I kind of like the night terrors. Kinda cute, and dynamic. Old Cranky is charming and I'm dying to get my hands on the Tortoise and the Hare. So cool!

Is it just me or are more and more kits and artworks kind of like they're the same dude, in the same clothes but with different poses? Not the fermented monks, but the latigos, changelings, rooster riders, union miners, exorcists... Not much variety. Lots of, almost, copies of the same man. And very few women. Sad to see latigo pistoleros going from 2 men and 1 woman to 3 men for example. And they're more alike each other. Less unique.

I almost wish you hadn't pointed that out, because I do love that they are three-in-a-box minions with three very distinct poses. But you are right and I cannot unsee it. And I didn't know that the boxes were mixed, before. (And further on the topic of unmixed boxes, I am shocked that the second Witchling Handler, the one which wasn't the card art, is also a girl. Enough so to wonder if that second, stockier female is the reason witchling handlers got delayed.)

At least this sale will be cheaper for me. Only Tortoise and Hare. I'll skip the Stitched Togethers for when my FLGS has them. No LE models that I or my brother wanted, but the news that the Tortoise and Hare general release will have different models means I'll be grabbing that.

48 minutes ago, Memnaelar said:

So, this is my first time enjoying a sale as I literally got into the hobby last week...

...how limited are supplies of the various LEs generally speaking at one of these sales?  Am I going to need to be standing by spamming F5 at 9 AM PST tomorrow?  I mean, I'd rather be a *little* more relaxed at work, but if need be...

Eh...not really. Some of the new translucents (Hamelin) might be popular, but for some of these LEs, they're more of a "limited to special sales" edition, I think the Raspy translucent is going on 2-3 years of being available during special sales.

The earlier the better, but not "blink or you'll miss it".

1 hour ago, Googlebot said:

As a painter I'd like more items that aren't made of translucent stuff.  Also gutted no Dark Carny, really want to paint that set up.  So please wyrd when you do sell me them in dull grey plastic so I can paint them :) 

Looking forward to all the gremlin goodies :) 

I dunno, there's nothing to stop you from using brush-on primer and partially painting models. I plan to try and get the translucent Kaeris, and while I will mostly leave the Fire Gaimin unpainted save for a good wash or two, I plan on painting the rest of the models except for where a translucent orange effect will work out nicely.

36 minutes ago, decker_cky said:

Is $45 for amphibious assault correct? That feels really steep for a henchman and 3 minions. Seems more like a $35 set.

I think the minions come in 3 models per unit for a total of 9 gupps. So in total, you get 10 models. Also remember that there are storybook for encounters and TTB adventures. It's reasonably priced comparing to Brotherhood of the Rats ($50 - 12 models) and Taxidermy ($40 - 8 models).

4 hours ago, Shadowopal said:

Arcanists are missing large arachnids too. And guild is missing exorcist. All wave 2. Only 5 entries left after this prerelease.  Wave 1 was finished last year. Did the research a few nights ago

True, but those models were announced for an April release.  A little odd they're not part of this sale, honestly.

8 hours ago, Pyrflamme said:

Right, I'm just saying that paragraph seems to be noting the factions for their alternate identities in regular Malifaux, what with Genbu being mentioned as fighting along TT. In that case, Luther would be identified as Arcanists for Blessed purposes. Of course their hiring restrictions are different for the scenario. I imagine the cards proper would be correct, just mentioning what I think to be a minor error in the packaging wording.

Genbu is also 10T in the scenario. Genbu and Luther have their own stat cards and rule set for the scenario. I'm assuming they'll also have a card for normal play as Izamu and the Blessed of December.

6 hours ago, -Loki- said:

At least this sale will be cheaper for me. Only Tortoise and Hare. I'll skip the Stitched Togethers for when my FLGS has them. No LE models that I or my brother wanted, but the news that the Tortoise and Hare general release will have different models means I'll be grabbing that.

Where are you reading that? I don't see it...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pyrflamme said:

You just have to make two separate orders.

And pay shipping twice. The question becomes, is the cost of shipping worth the price of another Witchling Handler. I bet you can get a second one for cheaper, the market will be flooded with the LE Witchling Handler; not everyone plays Guild. I'll likely trade mine away or give it up for prize support for the tournaments I run.

12 hours ago, Aaron said:

Yes, it is a normal release (one day, not yet). They are still special editions of those models, though.

This quote Myyra

1 hour ago, Myyrä said:

I'm fairly sure you have misunderstood something.

I think the confusion is fairly easy to see here, if it is in fact false.  But Aaron seems to be indicating that 1) The set will see a regular release in the future and that 2) the set released this year is going to be special edition of them.

So, unless the "Special Edition" refers to Izamu and Blessed, then it would seem there will be another sculpt of the Tortoise and the Hare.  But since that makes far less sense, it seems reasonable to assume they are referring to the legal proxies they could be as the "Special Edition" case.

More importantly, is no one worried that the Kamaitachi has three eyes?!  How have I never noticed before now that it has an eye in the center of it's head?  This is concerning, I don't know if I trust three-eye'd demon weasels.

52 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Where are you reading that? I don't see it...

41 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

I'm fairly sure you have misunderstood something.

This this thread.

12 hours ago, Aaron said:

Yes, it is a normal release (one day, not yet). They are still special editions of those models, though.

Unless I'm misunderstanding Aaron.

15 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

Well that also makes sense.

I'm still buying it during the sale though, you know. Just in case.

Inb4 Nathan really likes the Tortoise and the Hare story, so there really is a "normal release" sculpt for them planned.

:P

• Like 1

Nice previews !

Of those I hadn't seen before, I think Mc Tavish is very nice. I like it better than the artwork in fact.

Old Cranky is also very interesting.

10T brothers are awesome !

Latigos are OK, not excellent but dynamic.

Wardens are a bit surprising, especially the one with a cape. They are not bad looking in any way (quite the contrary in fact) but what is the reason behind the cape?

The Union miners are absolutely fabulous ! I need to resist buying M&SU minis but it is so difficult, the theme is so awesome.

The store goes down while we prep the sale. It'll be up again today at launch. 

The tortoise and the hare are special editions of the blessed and izamu. There won't be other sculpts of them. Even though they are special editions, they wilwe'll see a regular release sometime in the future. 

• Like 2

Hmmm... Love two of the three Pistolero's, the one with the sword is a little disappointing. Really like the brothers and the fermented monks, not quite sure on the guild sergeants.

Quite torn on what to pick up now, think it may be monks/brothers/pistoleros and the handlers. Will see how I feel on the sergeants when I come to purchase.