Updated Stat Cards.

Brancifer

• 2 weeks later...

The June 2013 archive version seems to be missing Baby Kade, Witchling Stalker, Zombie Chiuaua, Guild Autopsy, Bad Juju, Mature Nephilim, Ice Golem, Gremlin Banjonista, Pig Whisperer, and Teddy.  I switched back to the Jan 2013 version of the archive and got those cards to load. 

There's a minor error (Lucius is on the Sidekicks page).  Edit:  This is weird.  Jan 2013 lists Lucious as a Sidekick with "Master-ish" abilities.  Feb 2015 lists Lucius as a Master.  :huh:

I've heard that Collette Du Bois and Cassandra cards existed, but I've never seen the puppets and I couldn't find them in the archive.

Check whether you're looking at an unstitched version of the archive. Vallecas's link (http://web.archive.org/web/20150328193653/http://www.puppet-wars.com/puppet.php ) seems to go to the unstitched version, but this one (http://www.nezumi.me.uk/Puppetwars/) seems to go to the original version of the game.

Edited by Brass Monkey

Ah, okay,  it looks like the Jan 2013 versions are the Puppet Wars versions of the puppets, not the Unstitched versions (including the weird 'Master-ish' Lucious).

But it turns out that all of the puppet stats are in the HTML for the 2015 version of the cards, it's just that some of them don't display properly on the browser I'm using.  So no multi-colored Teddy but I think I can live with that.  :mellow:

Now to figure out how much permission to ask for as far as reposting or rehosting those files...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, solkan said:

I've heard that Collette Du Bois and Cassandra cards existed, but I've never seen the puppets and I couldn't find them in the archive.

As far as I know models were never produced for them only the artwork and play test stats (there are others that fall into this category but some of them were previously available as metal models for the original version). The game has not seen much real attention at all since the release of Unstitched (really only a half hearted attempt via an open play test that never garnered much attention).

4 hours ago, Omenbringer said:

As far as I know models were never produced for them only the artwork and play test stats (there are others that fall into this category but some of them were previously available as metal models for the original version). The game has not seen much real attention at all since the release of Unstitched (really only a half hearted attempt via an open play test that never garnered much attention).

Ah, okay.  Looking at the HTML again, it looks like the stuff that got released in Unstitched is all marked one way, and all of the discontinued or unreleased models are marked 'Abilities Playtest'.

To be honest, back in 1st edition when I was looking at Malifaux, Puppet Wars was something I just looked at and shrugged.  But my brother picked up a copy of Unstiched and got a copy of the old metal expansion packs, so it's nicer to have all of the misplaced puppet information. 

17 hours ago, solkan said:

To be honest, back in 1st edition when I was looking at Malifaux, Puppet Wars was something I just looked at and shrugged.  But my brother picked up a copy of Unstiched and got a copy of the old metal expansion packs, so it's nicer to have all of the misplaced puppet information. 

A lot of people did that with the first edition of the game. It was a less than stellar product launch. The original packaging was horrible, flimsy box that typically split before getting to the stores and had virtually nothing in terms of whht the product actually was (a lone puppet zombie chihuahua on the right side and a bare bit of text that disclosed nothing of what was actually in the box). Add in a high price (at the time) and it discouraged a lot of blind purchases. There were a few additional nails in the coffin such as the belief it was "Malifaux Lite" (which it definitely was not) and some rather obvious missed cross marketing opportunities to make it a better value. Simply including a handful of puppetized versions of the Malifaux cards to allow two crews (Lady Justice and Seamus being obvious choices) could have made this a much better value (similar to how they now cross market TtB one shots with Malifaux Story boxes). The packaging of the Pawn Boxes for the extra models also failed a bit in that to get 3 copies of each you would end up with extra copies of more than a few.

Unstitched was a much better product in terms of packaging (much sturdier box) and included product (three of each model that was allowed multiples in the box). I am not a fan of the complete rules overhaul which I really feel stole the soul of the game. It also seemed to come really quick with no concessions for those who bought in heavy (an edition upgrade kit was never offered). Finally, Unstitched was never completed in terms of rules for models that previously existed in metal versions.

I really enjoy Puppet Wars (I play both versions but prefer the original) and wish it would receive some attention. Unfortunately Malifaux apparently has to have a new book full of models every year (a really bad and unsustainable idea in my opinion) and TtB needs a book every few months (not just to flesh out the world which is good but to patch some of the omissions in the core books and really make parts of the system function). With the Otherside looming on the horizon, the likelihood of Puppet Wars receiving further attention is diminishing (not that the last few years of benign neglect offered much hope). Sadly, Puppet Wars will likely go the way of Terraclips (another product I think suffered from poor marketing and unrealized potential). I still hope I will be proven wrong (even still hold out hope that Terraclips might see a return at some point in the future).

• Like 2

I would disagree, the discussion of Puppet Wars past provides insight into why the game is in its current state of very poor "reconstructing and reorganizing the missing stat cards."

Again I like the game and would love to see it get any real attention, otherwise I would have moved on a long, long time ago. Acting as if the game is in a decent state currently will see it go the way of Terraclips.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2016 at 2:30 PM, Omenbringer said:

It also seemed to come really quick with no concessions for those who bought in heavy (an edition upgrade kit was never offered).

A million times this. Was pretty unhappy when my big collection of metal models was not only replaced with plastic after very short turnaround, but I had no way of adapting to the edition change other than buying a whole new game. Suffice to say, i dropped it rather than trying to keep current.

• Like 2

Not really as these weren't just puppet models but puppet representations of recognizable Malifaux characters. With that said however there are still Brick and mortar stores that have the old Pawn Boosters and often they are discounted. I am heading over to a great one tomorrow that is likely to have them and also willing to ship. I can let you know if he has them or you can send me a PM and I'll give you the contact info.

• Like 2

I just checked at one of the Cleveland area LGS's and confirmed he has three of each Booster NIB (thats Pawn Booster 1, 2, 3 and the Multiplayer Booster). Below is his contact information:

Warzone Matrix

4704 Rocky River Dr
Cleveland, OH 44135
(216) 433-1316

You can contact them via the webpage here
http://www.warzonematrix.com/

Or if you prefer Facebook

https://www.facebook...477430378977356

Good luck.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello, I was wondering if I could get a copy of the PDF that ports all my old puppets from PWv.1 to Unstitched. Would you know where or how I might get this? I know there's nothing official out there and that this was user generated but that's exactly what I'm looking for. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!