March 21 - Easter Sale

Lucidicide

Assuming that the Amphibious Assault Story Encounter Box is the Spawn Mother and Gupps(which I'd bet it is) then the only models that have not been released from book 2 are Guild Autopsys, Jaakuna Ubume and Malifaux Raptors. I think the black friday sale covered everything from December to March. I believe this sale will take cover from April to July. I'm guess that the Guild Autopsys, Jaakuna Ubume and Malifaux Raptors were not ready to be presold so they will be sprinkled in sometime before Gencon. That would make gencon all book 3 stuff! That is very exciting. Even if Wyrd is operation at a unsustainable rate and will slow down production after they get all of the book two models I truly believe that Wyrd will be able to release a new book with all new models by book 6.

1 hour ago, -Loki- said:

I didn't answer that.

Tortoise is an alternate Izamu, and the Hare is an alternate Blessed of December. In their scenario they're unique units.

Ah, ok my bad. I msread. Well thank you for the new info, as I couldn't find it beforehand. 

1 hour ago, -Loki- said:

I didn't answer that.

Tortoise is an alternate Izamu, and the Hare is an alternate Blessed of December. In their scenario they're unique units.

Well I don't have Izamu or Blessed of December, so that's a must by.

3 minutes ago, Franchute said:

I'm wondering, do you know if a discount will be applied to the listed prices? Or the only advantage of the sale is the exclusive witchling handler and wastrel?

And supporting an awesome company directly.

And getting our grubby little hands on models before they are available for sale, so you could be bringing them to fights before anyone else has any, just to annoy them :P

But the Limited sculpts are the premiere selling point.  I mean hell, just looking at that list, I'm more than likely going to be breaking the 100$ mark with 2-4 boxes I want, sooo, it's just icing on the cake.

But Limited sculpts are available through other means as well, Wyrd is quite nice about monthly promotions (Buy X$ at FLGS get promo, or promo's in new boxes as they are released).  As well, if your community supports the game through a Henchman locally, Henchman earn "Magical Win With Wyrd"™ that they can trade for many LE sculpts to then give out as prizes.  So pester your local Henchman to run more events and get the ones you want :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pyrflamme said:

Sorry to double-post, but might any of the translucents also be available? I'd like to plan allocating funds for translucent Kaeris should she be available.

Nestled below the Nythera picture:

In addition to the War Rabbit, we will be offering a variety of special edition models! Stay tuned for more details on which alternative models and colored plastics will be available.

As for price.  Everything is MSRP.  The main deal is the exclusive models and what tends to be very early access to things.  (There are models I got on Black Friday that are STILL not available at retail).  

as far as exclusive item pricing, it seems that previously single alt figures are usually $25 each (or $35 for the War Wabbit), alt colored crews have a premium of about $10-$15, and nightmare crews are in the $80-$90 range. I am basing this only on past sales, so things might change, but it is probably a good ballpark estimate of prices.

• Like 1

@Nathan Caroland Do you think someone could update the upcoming section to include at least next month, so that we know what we want to prioritize during the Easter sale?

It's relatively common for some of the presale stuff to be available in stores before they reach Europe from your sales if one does not pay for courier shipping. If history is any indicator, I will end up buying all of this stuff at some point anyways, but I would like give priority during the sale to things whose releases are furthest in the future. ;)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

@Nathan Caroland Do you think someone could update the upcoming section to include at least next month, so that we know what we want to prioritize during the Easter sale?

It's relatively common for some of the presale stuff to be available in stores before they reach Europe from your sales if one does not pay for courier shipping. If history is any indicator, I will end up buying all of this stuff at some point anyways, but I would like give priority during the sale to things whose releases are furthest in the future. ;)

FWIW, everything on the list through the Sow is scheduled for an April release.  Also, Exorcists and Large Arachnid's are scheduled for April, but worryingly not part of the sale.

SOULSTONE MINERS! Toolkit! Steve Irwin! OK, I'm probs going to break my wallet (it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make) - I want all the arcanist stuff, the wardens/handlers, if the AAS box is gupps/spawny I'll grab that too...and if there's a translucent Dark Debts box, well....How much does a kidney sell for again? :P

• Like 2

Great list of goodies to buy, I am quite new to Malifaux and dropped $300 for Black Friday and will likely spend another $100 at least (possibly even 200) as the easter list has a lot of things I want to add to my collection.

For sure I will be adding the handlers, guild sergeants, 10T brothers and monks, the bad ink fate deck and the pistolero's plus a McCabe box and maybe some others to fill out the order.

Keep up the great work Wyrd peeps

Hope to see the alt models soon available, since those are the ones I'm after in this sale.

Pre-release, well it's nice, but since I'm a starting player (and we gather some new blood) I'm in no hurry to order some month(s) ahead, especially with customs in mind. I don't want starting players think there is a race and they have to spent tons to catch up.

If nothing catches my eye, I will do a big order at my not so local game store* (since my local one won't / can't carry Malifaux (for the time being (their loss, but I still give them my X-Wing and painting cash)). However I did not ommit to tell them how much cash was dropped in total and that I'm far from done :D

* and full-fill a promise to one of the users here ;)