March 7 - Event Kit

Lucidicide

I must admit, first I was like "wow a nice haul, someone can order that and can get himself a lot of kits", but then I was sceptic, since the mystery boxes probably aren't thematic - nor would they justify the prices.

With that said, I probably gonna bug my henchman to get a 8 player kit and to get some crews together, so we could demo the game and give away prices to hook interested players. Though I dunno if Wyrd would encourage such behavior / usage of the kit?

• Like 2

My only quibble is the size of the kits... 8/16/32 Player kits make it a nightmare ordering for events that average out at 20 players :P

I've had to order a 32 Man kit, and i plan to stockpile the "Spare Stuff" so that when i can order a 16 man kit, i'll end up having 4 or so Guilders left over to add into that prize pool

Either way... SUPER Excited to get my 32 Player kit!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mr Janje said:

My only quibble is the size of the kits... 8/16/32 Player kits make it a nightmare ordering for events that average out at 20 players :P

I've had to order a 32 Man kit, and i plan to stockpile the "Spare Stuff" so that when i can order a 16 man kit, i'll end up having 4 or so Guilders left over to add into that prize pool

Either way... SUPER Excited to get my 32 Player kit!

Yeah, one gets to do some puzzling with the kits as it is quite impossible knowing the attendance before the actual event. Sounds like a good idea to save them for later! Perhaps there'll come an option later with just diplomas, a 1st place guilder, organizer guilder and maybe a mystery box to be used with enough left over guilders for another event. :) Anyways, looking forward to using these if possible!

On 3/7/2016 at 1:57 PM, Aaron said:

A few things.

1. Hopefully integrity. I want that to be the #1 line of defense.
  2. If we find out you're doing it, we'll kick you out of the program as Event Kits are specifically for Events.
  3. Players know what is in these kits, and will expect them at events. If you are running events but not providing the goods in kits, players can (and should) inform Wyrd so we can look into it. But, more importantly, they'll stop coming to your events, which means your Soulstone totals won't go up to afford them... and the direct dollar translation should make it so it isn't particularly profitable.

Those are the key facets. Largely, we trust our Henchmen and want to do what we can to help them.

If you are a player and in the next couple of months your Henchman does not begin using Event Kits for your Events, please reach out to us via the Contact section of our website. General feedback is fine.

Spot on Aaron!! Nice reply sir.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I won a chip with a three on it!

To tell the truth, it was a bit of an anti-climax. I mean, now what? In the previous system I would've gotten a box of minis or something but now I have a chip that might be, somewhere along the way, changeable somehow into something.

Do I mail it to the States? Who then mail me something back? I checked and it doesn't have a code of any sort on it so I suppose so.

Also, what can you change it into? Since you get one chip for participation and three for a win, I'm guessing that you will need quite a bunch in order to get something sweet? Is their approximate value about a dollar per number? Two dollars?

I'm a bit confused by the whole thing, to tell the truth.

38 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I won a chip with a three on it!

To tell the truth, it was a bit of an anti-climax. I mean, now what? In the previous system I would've gotten a box of minis or something but now I have a chip that might be, somewhere along the way, changeable somehow into something.

Do I mail it to the States? Who then mail me something back? I checked and it doesn't have a code of any sort on it so I suppose so.

Also, what can you change it into? Since you get one chip for participation and three for a win, I'm guessing that you will need quite a bunch in order to get something sweet? Is their approximate value about a dollar per number? Two dollars?

I'm a bit confused by the whole thing, to tell the truth.

The details of what the chip is good for will be coming later. We want to make sure we get everything nailed down tight.

That said, the event kits have a lot more than a 3 Guilder in them -- there are also mystery boxes and special stat cards (in events of 16+ players). I'd assume that most TOs give a mystery box and the 3 Guilder to the winner, if not also a special stat card.

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:

The details of what the chip is good for will be coming later. We want to make sure we get everything nailed down tight.

Fair enough. Do you have any expected time table for when the details would be released? I mean, even a rough idea like "before the summer" or "before Gencon"?

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:

That said, the event kits have a lot more than a 3 Guilder in them -- there are also mystery boxes and special stat cards (in events of 16+ players). I'd assume that most TOs give a mystery box and the 3 Guilder to the winner, if not also a special stat card.

The mystery boxes were given out randomly to the tournament participants since the TO wanted to keep the tournament less-competitiveness focused (newbie friendly), which I think was a great idea (even though I didn't get lucky in the raffle).

Ah. Well, that's why it would be a bit more anti-climactic to the winner, then. Can't reward you for beating on newbies ;) Obviously just joking about that part. Anyway, for other events you'll be getting more prizes, I'm sure.

I don't have a specific timeline for the Guilders, but I'm not so much involved in that part. I'll see if I can sneak in the next meeting about them.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I'll see if I can sneak in the next meeting about them.

While you are at it, can you suggest to Change the GAMA introduced title of book 4 from an R to an N in the beginning? My local vendor (who still doesn't carry Malifaux) had a field day with this*... ... and I'm stupid enough to bring that to your attention. Damn you mischievious and childish side of mine :(.

Don't bother, I will see myself out... ....

(* it all started with the news about "A night in Rottenburg" and believe it or not, Rottenburg is an actual city name in Germany! So he was always on the lookout for a cheap joke)

• Like 1